Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qatar to join alliance "within 12 months"

http://www.travelweekly.com.au/trave...thin-12-months

Chief executive Akbar Al Baker declined to expand on which alliance he favoured, but he confirmed for the first time that the airline would become a member of Star, Oneworld or Skyteam by this time next year.

Seeing that LH doesn't like them (or EK/EY)- I see OW coming into the fold ..

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
      Seeing that LH doesn't like them (or EK/EY)- I see OW coming into the fold ..
      Can't speculate, but if so it would make the recently acquired BA Gold (thanks BD) even more valuable and interesting. At least QR is a carrier I can use more often than BA (okay there is QF and of course CX) and they usually offer decent fares.

Comment

Some back and forth in the media that QR will join OW and then it's CEO saying no. Outcome to be seen, but if true it would not be a bad use for that BA Gold Card courtesy of BD

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
          Some back and forth in the media that QR will join OW and then it's CEO saying no. Outcome to be seen, but if true it would not be a bad use for that BA Gold Card courtesy of BD
          I sometimes think QR's AAB is like FRs MOL. Both are crazy......

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
            I sometimes think QR's AAB is like FRs MOL. Both are crazy......
            9V-JKL, WTH is FR and W(ho)TH is MOL?? MTIA.

Comment

FR = Ryanair
              MOL = Michael O'Leary

Comment

A few sources are suggesting announcement of Qatar Airways joining Oneworld will be made in a few days.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/18b19eca-0...#axzz28Cwcyu2M
                http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8910A220121002

Comment

Yes and others sources that came out later say that QR denies it. Let's wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                    9V-JKL, WTH is FR and W(ho)TH is MOL?? MTIA.
                    Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                    FR = Ryanair
                    MOL = Michael O'Leary

AAB says no...
                    Qatar Airways has no plans to join the oneworld airline alliance, its Chief Executive Akbar al-Baker said on Sunday, dismissing reports that the airline had become the newest member of the group as "rumor."

Asked if the carrier would join oneworld, which includes British Airways, owned by IAG (ICAG.L), Baker said: "No, we will not. It's all rumors."
                    http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...88T06J20120930

Comment

It'd be hella funny if they turned around and joined Scaryteam

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                        It'd be hella funny if they turned around and joined Scaryteam
                        Thought Saudi Arabian..I mean Saudia has joined ST?

Comment

I like how Reuters writes an article saying QR is joining OW 2 days after this article.

Comment

And it did join Oneworld. Ah well a little disappointed.

Comment

This just leaves EY to join Skyteam or Star Alliance, don't think EK will join one.

Comment

Working...
                              X