Flying Firefly To Ipoh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying Firefly To Ipoh

I'll be flying Firefly for the first time this September. Heading to Ipoh to attend an event. What should I expect from this airline? They claim to be a full-service airline, however they play with their fares like budget carriers do, and depart from SIN Budget Terminal (though they'll be shifting to T2 on 25 Sep).

Originally posted by Exotic View Post
    I'll be flying Firefly for the first time this September. Heading to Ipoh to attend an event. What should I expect from this airline? They claim to be a full-service airline, however they play with their fares like budget carriers do, and depart from SIN Budget Terminal (though they'll be shifting to T2 on 25 Sep).
    Err, Exotic, are you a Michaelian by any chance?

Don't expect much. They're a pretend full service airline.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
      Err, Exotic, are you a Michaelian by any chance?

Don't expect much. They're a pretend full service airline.
      To be fair, they do provide freebies like a free muffins and
      juice and checked baggage allowance.

Comment

Other than no IFE, it's a fun flight. I always like flying in a turboprop.

Comment

I enjoy flying with them very much. I'd recommend it.

Comment

Thanks folks. Seems Firefly isn't too bad at all. I have tried ATR 72s on Air New Zealand (Dunedin-Christchurch) and Vietnam Airlines (Ho Chi Minh City-Buon Ma Thot) and loved it. The engine noise could be lessened though.

Anyhow, is it true that taxis are the only mode of transport out of Ipoh Airport? How much would a 1.5-hour ride to the Swiss Garden Hotel & Spa at Damai Laut cost? And lastly, what/who is a Michaelian?

Comment

Originally posted by Exotic View Post
              Anyhow, is it true that taxis are the only mode of transport out of Ipoh Airport? How much would a 1.5-hour ride to the Swiss Garden Hotel & Spa at Damai Laut cost? And lastly, what/who is a Michaelian?
              there are two types of taxis. One that just goes around Ipoh and one that goes inter-city. You may need to take the first one to get you to the right taxi stand to take the second type. As to cost, i can't advise, as I have never done a taxi there. Suggest you contact the hotel to ask for details on best way to get there; they may have some arrangement from Ipoh.

St Michael's is an old school in Ipoh, and in Sep over 5000 alumni and their families will be descending to the school field to celebrate its centenary. I will be one of them. Stay clear of Ipoh between Sep 28-30, a huge horde of not so young will be reliving their teen years with wild abandon.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                there are two types of taxis. One that just goes around Ipoh and one that goes inter-city. You may need to take the first one to get you to the right taxi stand to take the second type. As to cost, i can't advise, as I have never done a taxi there. Suggest you contact the hotel to ask for details on best way to get there; they may have some arrangement from Ipoh.

St Michael's is an old school in Ipoh, and in Sep over 5000 alumni and their families will be descending to the school field to celebrate its centenary. I will be one of them. Stay clear of Ipoh between Sep 28-30, a huge horde of not so young will be reliving their teen years with wild abandon.
                Thanks CarbonMan. I will contact the resort for the transport arrangements. I will be at Swiss Garden Damai Laut on 9-14 September for a training camp. You enjoy your reunion!

Comment

To lessen the engine noise, sit in the back part of the aircraft, avoid rows 1-8. Row 11-13 is prob best, just behind the wind.

Most of the noise is during takeoff. The 6-bladed props are pretty quiet in cruise unless you are in row 4-6 just next to the prop. In fact, if you are in the row next to the prop, the end of the prop blade is only about 1m from you.....

Comment

Working...
                  X