Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAS to join Oneworld by year-end

post deleted
    Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:11 AM.

Does anyone know the latest on this?

MH management should get on with it cos many people including myself are deciding whether to book MH or another carrier between SIN and PER for Christmas!

Comment

The latest news is that MH won't be a oneworld member until Q1 2013.

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:06 PM
      MAS Eyeing US$100 Million Interlining Passengers' Revenue

PETALING JAYA, July 25 (Bernama) -- Malaysia Airlines (MAS) is eyeing an additional US$100 million interlining passengers' revenue a year through the induction of the national carrier into the oneworld alliance early next year.

Senior Vice-President (International Affairs) Germal Singh Khera said the full-fledged premium carrier currently registers RM750 million annual interlining passenger revenue.

"We are foreseeing the additional revenue to roll-in as early as next year, with MAS completing all commercial agreements with all other members of the oneworld alliance.

"We are currently at the last lap of our project to synchronise our system to accommodate the oneworld alliance members to give our customers a better and holistic network coverage," he told a media briefing today.

Germal said MAS expects to conclude all work and officially join the alliance in the first quarter of next year.

Germal said MAS' inclusion into the oneworld alliance would also open up opportunities for the carrier to forge joint ventures in several initiatives with other airlines in the alliance.

Asked whether MAS would revisit the collaboration with Qantas Airways under oneworld alliance, he said: "Yes. It could be. It depends more on what we are looking at to joint venture."

On commercial agreements, Germal said MAS already has a code-sharing arrangement with several airlines, but would work on negotiations more aggressively once the airline joined the oneworld alliance.

"One step is to join the alliance. The second is to have commercial airlines with the carrier.

"We've now started the process as we are now in negotiations with most of the oneworld member carriers. We're looking to accomplish the negotiations by the first quarter of next year," he said.

In a related development, Oneworld's Vice-President (Corporate Communications) Michael Blunt said MAS would be the alliance's representative in the South East Asia region.

"We don't have a representative here. South East Asia is a place with many competitor airlines. As such, MAS' inclusion into oneworld will serve as the base for the region," he added.

Oneworld is one of the world's three largest global airline alliances, with its central management team, Oneworld Management Company, based in New York.

The alliance has an incomparable route network, covering more than 800 destinations in 150 countries, with MAS adding another 15 places and two countries when it joins the airline grouping next year.

The oneworld alliance brings together 11 of the biggest and best names in the global airline business and 20 affiliated carriers.

After MAS, the Sri Lankan Airlines will follow suit to be inducted into the alliance.

Comment

Nothing against MAS, but this statement is a little interesting

The alliance has an incomparable route network, covering more than 800 destinations in 150 countries, with MAS adding another 15 places and two countries when it joins the airline grouping next year.
        Life's A Bitch,
        Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

2013 ?. Whats the hold up ?. Has the right person not received their brown envelope yet ?.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            2013 ?. Whats the hold up ?. Has the right person not received their brown envelope yet ?.
            Don't know...

There have been so many alignment exercises, it kinda looked like they were/are close.

Hurry up MH!

Comment

And the target is now back to "year-end"...

Happy birthday, btw!

Forty years down the runway, Capt Hassan, 76, said he was proud that MAS had evolved into one of the best airlines in the world.

It was a reunion of sorts for them when they met at MAS' 40th anniversary celebrations here yesterday.

He also announced that by year-end, MAS would be flying as part of the Oneworld alliance which, among others, provides easier and seamless transfers at major airports across the globe.

Comment

Looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                  And the target is now back to "year-end"...

Happy birthday, btw!
                  which "year-end"? 2012 or 2013?
                  visit my blog

Comment

Read somewhere (forgot where) yesterday that MH's entry is now early-2013?

Comment

Latest from the grapevine: The magic date is 12/12/12, being the 12th member airline in OW.

A bit on the ambitious side, but never say never

Comment

Excellent! 12/12/12 would suit me well as I have some MH sectors in January I'd like to credit to QF!
                        My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                          Latest from the grapevine: The magic date is 12/12/12, being the 12th member airline in OW.

A bit on the ambitious side, but never say never
                          No wonder the Mayan's predicted that the end of the world will be on that date!

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                            No wonder the Mayan's predicted that the end of the world will be on that date!
                            i thought end of the world is 21 December
                            My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                              i thought end of the world is 21 December
                              Mea culpa! I haven't been keeping track.

Comment

Working...
                              X