AirAsia to start Singapore hub soon, widening its network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AirAsia to start Singapore hub soon, widening its network

AirAsia has received Singapore’s approval to start a hub in the island republic soon, say sources, allowing the Malaysian airline to expand its network in the growing regional low-cost market segment just a week after Putrajaya aborted its share swap with loss-making Malaysia Airlines (MAS).

The Malaysian Insider understands that Singapore has informed AirAsia it will get an air operator’s certificate (AOC) as soon as possible, ending years of lobbying by Asia’s biggest low-cost carrier to set up operations in the city-state, a leading Asian financial centre.

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/m...g-its-network/

if its true, then its good news for all in SIN as we have more competition to also keep the LCC fares in check and have more choices and flights.

Comment

We have 13 KUL-SIN-KUL flights a day on AK. I wonder if this 9V registered subsidiary will take some over, or add their own

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        We have 13 KUL-SIN-KUL flights a day on AK. I wonder if this 9V registered subsidiary will take some over, or add their own
        I think rather than duplicate sectors, they'll go for new routes.

Comment

CAAS denies the report

Comment

Based on the source, I would say take this with a pinch of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
              Well, a certain someone with a red cap once said that his dream is to see it go up to 20x daily

Comment

well do yhink that AK/TF have sights on making SIN as a base and perhaps even start AK SIN - but however it remains to be seen if CAAS and will give them a AOC if AK does want to start a SIN based carrier when they do apply for it. It will pose a huge challenge to especially Tiger air and upcoming Scoot should AK gets the permission when they apply for it.

Comment

Looks like it's just a bunch of bull.

http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore...not-true--CAAS

Comment

Working...
                  X