CX718 & CX719 CGK <> HK Route Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CX718 & CX719 CGK <> HK Route Question

Question for those who take CX regularly on the CGK<> HK route. For these flights on business class, ie CX718 and CX719, will CX employ the new Business Class seats or still the old regional seats? Or worse, the coffin seats? Because on CX website, they list down all three configuration for the same A330 aircraft.

And how often do they swap aircraft?

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by benlee View Post
    Question for those who take CX regularly on the CGK<> HK route. For these flights on business class, ie CX718 and CX719, will CX employ the new Business Class seats or still the old regional seats? Or worse, the coffin seats? Because on CX website, they list down all three configuration for the same A330 aircraft.

And how often do they swap aircraft?

Thanks in advance.
    benlee, just prepare for the worst. They can always change the plane last minute
    visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
      benlee, just prepare for the worst. They can always change the plane last minute
      For SQ, so far for me, it's very rare. How often for CX?

The new J seats looks quite nice and I will book to try if confirm they are using those seats. Don't mind the regional seats also but dread the prospect of being stuffed into their coffin seats for a 4.5 hrs flight.

Comment

Originally posted by benlee View Post
        For SQ, so far for me, it's very rare. How often for CX?

The new J seats looks quite nice and I will book to try if confirm they are using those seats. Don't mind the regional seats also but dread the prospect of being stuffed into their coffin seats for a 4.5 hrs flight.
        it is very unlikely you get the new J in regional flight. Not even from SQ. My SIN-BKK flight last week was scheduled on the new biz class, as there is row 11. On the day itself, they swaped to older plane. The checkin agent did not even bother to tell me that I have been removed from my preselected seat at 11K to 12K, as the 11K seat is not exist in this flight.

In general, the seat is OK, but the IFE is horrible and you have no TV when take off and landing.

If you want to be sure then take SQ. Although CGK-SIN may be a lousy aircraft, you can be sure that the SIN-HKG will be a new J product
        Last edited by lingua101; 1 March 2012, 03:29 PM.
        visit my blog

Comment

Although CGK-SIN may be a lousy aircraft, you can be sure that the SIN-HKG will be a new J product
          If you're on the 2 flights where the 73A operate, then you'll get the latest; I won't call it new since its 3yrs already; regional C

Comment

Dear Benlee, my latest experience with CX 718 n 719 is old C Class, but CX 777 and 778 are the C class with diagonal seats , but cant guarantee if they switched planes ) u can call CX ofc in JKT to make sure.

Comment

Tried the cirrus seat last week - will blow SQ regional and long haul J clean out of the water. (coming from an SQ fan)

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                Tried the cirrus seat last week - will blow SQ regional and long haul J clean out of the water. (coming from an SQ fan)
                Provided you get the plan with cirrus seat. Ou may end up with old J product
                visit my blog

Comment

Provided you get the plan with cirrus seat. Ou may end up with old J product
                  You're assuming I flew regionally

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                    You're assuming I flew regionally
                    No i am not... I am just trying to emphasis that CX likes to do last minute aircraft change (for regional?). Just curious we haved term "TG-ed", why not "CX-ed"?
                    visit my blog

Comment

Working...
                    X