Jetstar to be first low-cost carrier to fly Dreamliner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetstar to be first low-cost carrier to fly Dreamliner

SINGAPORE - Jetstar is on track to be the world’s first low-cost carrier to fly Boeing's latest Dreamliner, the airline said in a press release today.

http://www.relax.com.sg/relax/news/9...reamliner.html

Presumably there will be a money slot next to the window, each time one wants to meddle with the dim down/dim up electronic shades.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
      Presumably there will be a money slot next to the window, each time one wants to meddle with the dim down/dim up electronic shades.
      Just prebook online and save up to 33%!

Comment

I suppose they'll have 10-across seating at a 29" pitch which will make it a nightmareliner...

Comment

If they fit similar seats as on their new A330s, then it would be rather comfortable!

Last edited by ycp81; 22 February 2012, 01:33 PM.
          My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Really makes one wonder why QF don't outfit their mainline cabins like this.

The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

AFAIK, UK based LCC Thompson are expecting first deliveries in 2012, therefore beating Jetstar on this front; not sure of most recent schedules however.

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                AFAIK, UK based LCC Thompson are expecting first deliveries in 2012, therefore beating Jetstar on this front; not sure of most recent schedules however.
                Thomson is a charter airline rather than an LCC. Anyway the delivery date for its 787s has also been pushed back to 2013.

Comment

I believe the term LCC applies to both charter and 'conventional' airlines, both of which can be low cost carriers. That aside, as per my original post, I was not sure of most recent schedules so thanks for the update
                  Last edited by nickbot; 26 February 2012, 06:35 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Working...
                  X