Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skyteam lounges at Tokyo Narita

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping some members on this forum will be able to provide me some info on the skyteam lounges at Tokyo Narita.

I have four options: the Korean Air, Air France, Delta Skyclub and Air China Dynasty. My flight is at 11.55am (with KLM) and I'm hoping to gain access to one of the four lounges using my gold status on KLM Flying Blue.

Since I'm flying KLM, air france is usually the lounge to be used but I would like to try a different lounge (perhaps the korean air or dynasty). Does anyone knows if the other three lounges allow gold members (and one guest of their choice) to use their facilities when they are flying a skyteam partner airline?

Delta airlines have a total of 3 lounges at Narita so I guess it must be busy.
    Perhaps the other two are less crowded and have better food/beverage offerings?

Go with the DL lounge. There is one which used to be the newer NW Lounge. Can't remember which gates it's near, but you need to go upstairs via elevator for it. The other one is on the same level as the gates, is older, and doesn't have showers.
    HUGE AL

Comment

Thanks Huge Al. I have also read a few positive comments on the DL lounge from Flyertalk so I will definitely give it a try. According to the skyteam website, there are two DL lounges in terminal 1, one at satellite 1 and the other at satellite 2 and both of them are on level 4.

Comment

Originally posted by chinhk View Post
        According to the skyteam website, there are two DL lounges in terminal 1, one at satellite 1 and the other at satellite 2 and both of them are on level 4.
        I think it was in Satellite 2. Call them and ask. You'll know it's the right one when you enter, turn left towards the food area, and again turn left to the showers.
        HUGE AL

Comment

AFAIK there are two DL SCs, upstairs in different satellite areas, one AF lounge with limited hours next to one of the DL lounges, and a small KE lounge downstairs next to the New Virgin Clubhouse in NRT T1. I know all of them but I have never seen the Air China lounge; perhaps it's located in a different area of the airport. The two DL SCs, in the two former NW WorldClub locations, seem very similar. I normally go to the closest one relative to my departure gate unless it's extremely crowded.

As a SkyTeam ElitePlus, which means Gold 50,000 status miles or more in general, you can use any SkyTeam operated, not contract, lounge when departing on a SkyTeam international flight in any class, including award tickets but probably not including nonrev travel. I think one guest is allowed, but perhaps the guest must also be flying SkyTeam. The guest is not required to be on the same PNR.

For lounge locations, hours, and rules, go to delta.com, affectionately also known as delta.dumb, and look for airport information, SkyClubs, locations. Then use the drop down menu to select SkyTeam Elite Plus. A list of lounges you can use will appear. At the very bottom, almost as footnotes, the access rules are listed, including definitions of terms.

I like the AF lounge because it's small: more intimate and quieter. There is a separate section for IFC passengers but the only difference seems to be that champagne is served there. The regular section has French style snacks, usually fashionable small cold sandwiches, good cheese, mini desserts, a coffee machine, French wines, etc. There are magazines and newspapers in French, English, and Japanese, perhaps Dutch too. The decor is dated red and white plastic, with a couple very old computers. There is a shower.

The KE lounge IMO is minimal and sad. The one time I experimented with using it, the place was packed and depressing. There wasn't much choice of alcohol or food and it was hard to find a seat. However, there might be a smoking room in this lounge.

The two DL SCs have self serve bars with beer machines, wine, saki, hard alcohol, etc. There is some sushi and a choice of other substantial snacks, although when the lounge is crowded, the good food tends to be grabbed as soon as it appears. There are showers and a large number of new white Apple computers. A lot of the seating is now bar stool height, thanks to DL. These are widely considered to be the best lounges in the DL system, although I would personally argue in favor of the Oasis lounge at JFK T4 land side.

Comment

Working...
          X