DragonAir Early Check-in Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DragonAir Early Check-in Question

I will be flying into HKIA from SIN on a evening flight and departing early next morning on a DragonAir flight to Shanghai. For those familiar with CX/HKIA, will I be able to check-in my luggage and get the boarding pass one day earlier if I check-in first at the departure hall upon my arrival?

Checking in the night before and getting the boarding pass should not be a problem but I think that would also depend on your time of arrival into HKIA. The last KA flight flies out at 10:40pm and KA check-in row at the departure hall (aisle H, terminal 1) may not be manned after the check-in for that flight is closed (i will imagine 10pm onwards).

If you are flying into HKIA on CX or SQ you may choose to check-through the luggage unless you need to retrieve something upon arrival in HK.
    When the going gets tough, the tough go travelling ...

Comment

Originally posted by Flyerfly View Post
      Checking in the night before and getting the boarding pass should not be a problem but I think that would also depend on your time of arrival into HKIA. The last KA flight flies out at 10:40pm and KA check-in row at the departure hall (aisle H, terminal 1) may not be manned after the check-in for that flight is closed (i will imagine 10pm onwards).

If you are flying into HKIA on CX or SQ you may choose to check-through the luggage unless you need to retrieve something upon arrival in HK.
      I am flying into HKIA ETA 9:35PM at night. I can't check thru my luggage on CX because my incoming flight is SQ.

Comment

Based on its website, KA claims to have a through check-in arrangement with SQ. May be worthwhile to ask when you check in for your flight to HK. Happy travelling ...

http://www.dragonair.com/da/en_INTL/atairport/checkin
        When the going gets tough, the tough go travelling ...

Comment

Originally posted by Flyerfly View Post
          Based on its website, KA claims to have a through check-in arrangement with SQ. May be worthwhile to ask when you check in for your flight to HK. Happy travelling ...

http://www.dragonair.com/da/en_INTL/atairport/checkin
          I'll check that out. Thanks!

Comment

I though as long as the airlines has interline agreement which most of the major (non budget) if not all, major airlines have, they can always do the through check in to final destination right?

I used to do baggage check in from AUS - DFW - LAX/SFO - SIN - CGK way before there is alliance. first 2 legs on AA/DL. the last 2 legs was on SQ
            visit my blog

Comment

http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/tr...ckin-partners/

According to the above, Dragonair is a partner, but Cathay is not!!! Unfortunately I am connecting to a CX flight in HKG, so looks like I will have to pick up my luggage.

Comment

You should be able to interline your bag with Cathay as long as your next flight is within 24 hours. However, SQ might not be able to issue the boarding pass for your CX flight.

SQ is able to interline bags with most IATA members. I have done it before and your check in agent should be able to verify this.

Comment

I have called up both SQ and CX offices in JKT and both insist that they cant handle check thru baggage. Since I am transiting in HK with incoming SQ and outgoing cX, that means I have to clear out my luggage and then check in again.

Maybe I will just go with a hand carry to save the trouble.

Comment

Working...
                  X