When will CI join SkyTeam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will CI join SkyTeam?

Any idea when China Airline will officially join Sky Team? I thought there is some threat talking about this. I can't find it. any date is being set?
    visit my blog

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
    Any idea when China Airline will officially join Sky Team? I thought there is some threat talking about this. I can't find it. any date is being set?
    *Threat? haha....

China Airlines has already joined Sky Team. (Last year I think or early this year at least!)

Comment

Originally posted by cmy View Post

China Airlines has already joined Sky Team. (Last year I think or early this year at least!)
      cmy, I know they have already announced that they are joining Sky Team and suppose to complete the process this year.

Until now, the Dynasty Flyer is still not carry Sky Team logo. Anyone know when they will complete the process?
      visit my blog

Comment

cmy, I know they have already announced that they are joining Sky Team and suppose to complete the process this year.

Until now, the Dynasty Flyer is still not carry Sky Team logo. Anyone know when they will complete the process?
        Oops, my bad. I thought they have joined as I watched it the segment on TVB-News on the joining ceremony that includes the various stewardess of Sky Team members parading in their respective uniforms at the said event.

They had in fact began the process of joining in Sep 2010 (hence the ceremony) but the entire process has yet to complete with Wiki estimating it be done by Sep 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by cmy View Post
          Oops, my bad. I thought they have joined as I watched it the segment on TVB-News on the joining ceremony that includes the various stewardess of Sky Team members parading in their respective uniforms at the said event.

They had in fact began the process of joining in Sep 2010 (hence the ceremony) but the entire process has yet to complete with Wiki estimating it be done by Sep 2011.

Is there any offical news when CI join SkyTeam? I went to their website, there is no sign that Dynasty Club will be part of SkyTeam. 10 more days we will be in Oct liao
          visit my blog

Comment

The official date should be 28 Sept, and I think they are ready with following...

Link

Comment

Originally posted by sutrakhk View Post
              The official date should be 28 Sept, and I think they are ready with following...

Link
              thats look nice.... but thier website no sign they are skyteam yet
              visit my blog

Comment

thats look nice.... but thier website no sign they are skyteam yet
                Don't know why, they only mentioned it in the last paragraph in the following news

Link

Comment

China Airlines, Taiwan’s largest carrier, joins SkyTeam. Big impact in crucial North Asian markets

The SkyTeam alliance has taken another step forward in cementing its place in the fast-growing North Asian aviation market by adding China Airlines, Taiwan’s largest carrier and the world's seventh largest cargo carrier (by international scheduled FTKs - or eighth largest by total system FTKs), to the fold on 28-Sep-2011. China Airlines' entry comes just three months after China Eastern Airlines and Shanghai Airlines joined the grouping in Jun-2011. China Airlines will be the first Taiwanese carrier to join a global alliance, with rival EVA Air remaining unaligned.

China Airlines will become the 15th member of the SkyTeam airline alliance (see Appendix for full list of alliance groupings). By joining SkyTeam, the Taiwanese carrier will expand its international coverage nine-fold via codesharing to 926 destinations in 173 countries across 14,000 services from the current 1010 destinations in 29 countries.

Some institutional investors have estimated alliance membership will increase the carrier's revenue in 2011 by around TWD6 billion (USD197 million), or around 5% of the total, as reported by Focus Taiwan News Channel, although the carrier has not provided estimates.

The Taipei-based carrier stated it has taken 11 years to gain approval from each of the current SkyTeam members to enter the alliance. "The membership will elevate our global presence, especially in the China region," said Jessica Pan, the airline's public relations manager. Commenting on the alliance membership, China Airlines Chairman Chia-Juch Chang stated that joining SkyTeam is "an integral part of our strategy for increased international growth and profitability".

China Airlines brings a surge in connectivity but just three new destinations to the SkyTeam network: Okinawa and Miyazaki in Japan and Surabaya in Indonesia. From its hub in Taipei, one of Asia’s strongest economies, China Airlines operates a diverse passenger and cargo network throughout the wider Asia pacific region, North America and Europe, with a total of 224 daily departures to 80 destinations worldwide, SkyTeam noted.

SkyTeam increases presence in Taiwanese market by over five-fold

By joining the SkyTeam alliance, China Airlines has increased by over five-fold the grouping's share of total weekly seat capacity to/from/within in Taiwan from 6.1% to 31.8%. The next biggest alliance in Taiwan is oneworld (12.2%), as oneworld member Cathay Pacific is the third largest carrier operating in the Taiwanese market with some 89,000 weekly seats.

Around 45.8% of total weekly seats in Taiwan remains unaligned to a global grouping, as Taiwan’s second largest carrier, EVA Air, is not a member of an alliance.

SkyTeam has gained a major boost at Taipei Taoyuan, Taiwan’s largest airport handling 80.5% of the nation’s international seats and 59.5% of total system seats. SkyTeam’s share of total weekly seats has soared from just 1.5% to 40.6%, with oneworld trailing with a 16.3% share and Star Alliance having only a 1.5% share at the airport. China Airlines is the largest operator at Taipei Taoyuan, with over 206,000 weekly seats at present based on Innovata data, or a third of the total.

SkyTeam's position at Taiwan’s second largest international airport, Kaohsiung, has also increased strongly, from 3.2% to 20.3%. China Airlines is the third largest carrier at Kaohsiung, after TransAsia and Hong Kong-based Dragonair (a Cathay Pacific subsidiary).

At Taipei’s second airport, Taipei Songshan, SkyTeam’s presence has increased from 1.8% to 11.0%. Songshan is the nation’s third largest airport, with 7.4% capacity (seats) share and the nation’s second largest airport by system capacity (seats) handling 12.7% of total system capacity. China Airlines is the fourth largest airline at Taipei Sonshan, after UNI Airways (a regional subsidiary of EVA Air), TransAsia and Mandarin Airlines, China Airlines’ regional and domestic subsidiary, but ahead of EVA Air.

SkyTeam the dominant alliance in China, North Asia and Asia Pacific

The impact is not just confined to Taiwan. In China, where SkyTeam was already strong and China Airlines has an enlarged presence thanks to progressive cross-Strait liberalisation, its share has increased slightly from 38.2% to 38.5%. China Airlines complements the network of existing members, China Southern and China Eastern, and offers an extensive cross-Strait network to 20 major destinations in Mainland China. Star Alliance member Air France has previously stated that with the arrival of China Airlines, Shanghai Airlines and China Eastern into the alliance in 2011, a total of 135 destinations will be offered by SkyTeam in Greater China alone.

In the crucial North Asian region, SkyTeam has slightly extended its dominance, with its capacity share in the region increasing from 28.3% to 29.9%, ahead of Star Alliance (26.2%) and significantly to oneworld (9.5%).

Continue reading at http://www.centreforaviation.com/ana...-markets-59650

Comment

Their 747-400 has been painted up in SkyTeam livery:
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL-Rb...&feature=feedu

Comment

Working...
                    X