Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetblue or Virgin America?? SFO to JFK

Dear USA experts and friends,

I am deciding between Jetblue or Virgin American for SFO to JFK.

I know Jetblue allows 1 free checked luggage, and reward points never expired!
    Virgin America is shiny, but doesn't have the two great things which Jetblue has! Is Virgin America that good? haha. Please give me some advice. Thanks

I've been previously advised that yes, Virgin America is *really* that good.

Can't say I've had a chance to compare firsthand, however!

Comment

post deleted
      Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 05:10 AM.

Comment

virgin america hands down

Comment

Just how often will you be traveling on either carrier? Enough to accumulate the points needed for free travel?

eleVAte points no longer expire in 12 months. They now reset the expiration 18 months out every time you fly. If fly once every 17 months, conceivably, they will never expire. However, they are earned and burned as cash instruments, so I learned to simply burn them ASAP. In addition, they cannot be utilized for upgrading.

Jetblue is still reeling from over-expansion. And they have no F class, so IMHO, they suck.

You really won't get a good FFP with either. So fly VX and enjoy the newer aircrafts. Today, they announced seasonal flights to Palm Springs!
          HUGE AL

Comment

Don't the JetBlue regular seats have a 34" pitch? Couple of inches more than Virgin America, unless you get Main Cabin Select.

Comment

Thanks for the advice! If the price are about the same, I'll choose Virgin America!

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                Don't the JetBlue regular seats have a 34" pitch? Couple of inches more than Virgin America, unless you get Main Cabin Select.
                You may be correct in this...not really an expert in those seats.

UM is getting quite cocky. They don't deserve to be ranked until they play a decent team.
                HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                  Actually Jetblue seats are comfortable. The seats have 34" pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                    UM is getting quite cocky. They don't deserve to be ranked until they play a decent team.
                    I'll take that winning feeling anyday, even if its only against WMU.

Originally posted by vincent0720 View Post
                    Actually Jetblue seats are comfortable. The seats have 34" pitch.
                    Isn't that what I said?

Comment

Both are pretty good airlines!

But if you are a tall or big guy, go for Jetblue! It definitely has more comfortable seats - 32 inches for regular seats, and if you are willing to spend an additional $60 per leg, you can get the More Room Throughout Coach section with 36 inches of legroom (more at Row 10 and 11 - exit rows)...

Virgin America is nice, but its Y seats are pretty tight. The exit rows are called Main Cabin Select and you can purchase an upgrade twenty four hours prior to flight, and if you want to go first, you can purchase an upgrade six hours prior to departure.

Of course schedule wise - VX has a bit more flights per day, and Jetblue has only two or three daily flights.

Carfield

Comment

I flew SFO-IAD on VX last December in the Main Cabin Select seats that Carfield referred to above. The leg room was quite respectable ... see below in the sqtalk traditional shot. I'm the smaller guy in the middle (5ft8) and my friend to the right is 6ft5 ... so not bad. The touch screen ordering system is quite fun to play with as well. See piccie below

Interior cabin shot:

A nice December day:

So whilst I haven't flown JetBlue for comparison, I was very impressed with Virgin America, particularly with the Main Cabin Select Offering.
                        Last edited by ADL_SQ; 23 September 2011, 07:18 AM. Reason: image problem

Comment

Working...
                        X