EK to launch KUL A380 flights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EK to launch KUL A380 flights

Couldn't find this anywhere in the forum. Terribly sorry if it's already posted.

http://www.emirates.com/my/English/f...la_lumpur.aspx

Finally! KUL gets daily DXB-KUL vv WhaleJet services Ahead of SIN quite surprisingly. But then again, SIN already has A380 services.

Flights begin 1 Dec 2011. Hope to be on the inaugural

does KUL have A380 ready gates?

Comment

Does it terminate at KUL? Or is it a feeder service of some sort? Didn't realise they were that desperate to fend off Mr Tony

Comment

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
        Two I believe. Though I haven't noticed them myself.

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
        Does it terminate at KUL? Or is it a feeder service of some sort? Didn't realise they were that desperate to fend off Mr Tony
        It's not the flight that goes on to MEL. In other words, it terminates in KUL and returns to DXB

It's not just to fend of uncle tony - KUL-DXB flights generally have very healthy loads.

The 440 seater 77Ws are frequently full, so having an A380 isn't such a big jump

Comment

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
          If you look at KLIA via google maps, the gates at the end of the piers at the Satellite building are already equipped with additional aerobridges for the A380.

Comment

Originally posted by flying.monkeyz View Post
            If you look at KLIA via google maps, the gates at the end of the piers at the Satellite building are already equipped with additional aerobridges for the A380.
            If I've not mistaken, one of them is C37.

Can someone confirm this?

Comment

Happy New Year everyone! Here's a vid of KUL finally getting its first commercial A380 flight. Better late then never!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xh9N...layer_embedded

Comment

Thanks for sharing. MH must be worried..

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                  Thanks for sharing. MH must be worried..
                  In fact, MH has already announced plans to end DXB flights. But let's face it, if they couldn't survive previously, they certainly wouldn't stand a chance with EK's A380s.

Comment

Working...
                  X