Very powerful cellphone ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very powerful cellphone ...

US passengers (and I guess most other places as well) like to pull-up their cellphones the moment the plane lands. But this is the first time I hear of someone doing a call in mid-flight.

From media reports: KSAZ Fox News reported on Tuesday morning that an incident on a Southwest flight originating in Phoenix, Arizona, ended with a passenger being detained by police in El Paso, Texas, after the plane landed as scheduled Monday night.

A male passenger on Southwest flight 1833 was talking on his cell phone mid-flight and refused to stop when requested to do so by crew members. An altercation ensued between that man and either other passengers or the flight crew, initial reports indicate.

When the plane landed, the man was arrested by detectives. An investigation into the incident is under way.

The FAA does not allow in-flight cell phone use because it may interfere with communications between the pilot and air traffic controllers, and possibly interfere with functions on the plane, the news source summarized.

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
    But this is the first time I hear of someone doing a call in mid-flight.
    There were people who used cellphones during 9-11, weren't there? And during the JetBlue landing gear malfunction flight.

Comment

i would have been " were gonna crash and die because of you!" and knock him out lol

Comment

Well on one of my flight, I think I accidentally forgot to switch off one of my phone. I only realize it when I look at the phone after deboarding that it picked up Malaysian telco. I guess that happen when it was about to land into Spore.

Domestic flight in US, tend to fly quite "low" as far as I remember as I can see the "ground" most of the time
        visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
          There were people who used cellphones during 9-11, weren't there? And during the JetBlue landing gear malfunction flight.
          I think they were using the in-flight phone that you can use with a credit card and not a cellphone.

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
            Well on one of my flight, I think I accidentally forgot to switch off one of my phone. I only realize it when I look at the phone after deboarding that it picked up Malaysian telco. I guess that happen when it was about to land into Spore.

Domestic flight in US, tend to fly quite "low" as far as I remember as I can see the "ground" most of the time
            I guess that happens to most of us - forgetting to switch off. My forgetfulness happened on a long-haul flight to either LHR or EWR - and upon landing, it was shock-horror to see the battery was about to die.

For most part, I think cellphones are quite harmless - otherwise they would've banned it like bottles of liquid. One cannot imagine a dozen terrorists threatening the plane by switching their cellphones on at the same time and making calls to their MiLs!

Comment

Working...
            X