Looks like its going a bit pear shaped at Royal Brunei

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like its going a bit pear shaped at Royal Brunei

They are cutting all their Oz and NZ routes along with Kuching and Saigon and there are rumours of the 777's coming back to SQ.

IMMEDIATE RELEASE

21st June 2011

Royal Brunei Airlines Announces Route Suspensions as Part of Stabilisation Plan

Royal Brunei Airlines (“RBA”) today announced that the company is moving forward with a comprehensive and sustainable plan to improve its operations, financial performance and customer service experience.

As part of the plan, services to Auckland, Brisbane, Perth and Ho Chi Minh City will be suspended effective after the last scheduled flights of October 2011. Flights to Kuching will also be suspended after the last scheduled flight of July 2011.

“It was not an easy decision to reduce RBA’s route network. However, it is the first step towards creating a stronger foundation that will allow the airline to enhance our value to customers, employees, and society,” stated airline Deputy Chairman Dermot Mannion.

Passengers who have purchased tickets for travel on suspended flights are asked to contact the travel agent where they purchased their tickets or their nearest Royal Brunei Airlines ticketing office.
    http://www.bruneiair.com/blog/2011/0...lisation-plan/

They are keeping Melbourne
    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

BI has already started canceling some of its SIN flights.

Comment

How is this "benefiting" BI? Are they loss making routes? Even SIN?

Comment

What a pity... I certainly do not wish to see them go

Comment

A certain toilet connoisseur will miss his golden toilets...

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
              How is this "benefiting" BI? Are they loss making routes? Even SIN?
              i heard from some one that the royal family members themselves will fly SQ rather than BI
              visit my blog

Comment

I believe that BI did do some cabin refurbishments in the past 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                  i heard from some one that the royal family members themselves will fly SQ rather than BI
                  They do. I've flown with them before on the same flight. They fly F, enter via special entry points in BWN, and exit before everyone.
                  Life's A Bitch,
                  Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Working...
                  X