Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Qantas domestic fare structure & further Frequent Flyer enhancements: wef 07JUL11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Qantas domestic fare structure & further Frequent Flyer enhancements: wef 07JUL11

Actual enhancements for once. I love competition!

http://www.qantas.com.au/regions/dyn...011/jun11/5139

Qantas Introduces New Domestic Fares and Further Frequent Flyer Enhancements

Sydney, 23 June 2011

Qantas today announced a new domestic fare structure providing customers with greater simplicity, flexibility and further Qantas Frequent Flyer benefits when travelling with Qantas. The changes apply across the domestic mainline and regional networks.

“The previous four economy fare families have been reduced to three and now include Red eDeal, Flexi Saver and Fully Flexible fares.

“Regardless of which fare type you book for Qantas domestic travel we offer a meal or refreshment, inflight entertainment (except on QantasLink services) and a checked baggage allowance of one piece of luggage up to 23 kilograms.

Qantas Domestic Fares
    - Red eDeal –the lowest year-round fares we offer providing the best value for money
    - Flexi Saver – fares offering a greater range of flexibility and choice
    - Fully Flexible – fares offering complete flexibility with full refund option
    - Business – our full premium fare, which provides additional baggage allowances, Neil Perry designed menus, Business class Frequent Flyer points earn and access to dedicated Business lounges in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and Canberra domestic terminals

“From 7 July 2011, all Qantas Domestic Economy fares, now including Red eDeals, will be eligible for Domestic Flight Upgrade Awards to Business using Qantas Frequent Flyer points, where available.” Mr Hickey said.

“In addition all flexible domestic fares will be classed as ‘Economy’ resulting in improved Status credit earn and upgrade rates for members on more fares.

“When buying one of these new fares for a service operated by Qantas, our members are guaranteed to continue earning at least 1000 points on even the shortest flight or most affordable ticket.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

I like now that Red eDeal fares are upgradable.

Comment

i notice the qantas frequent flyer now can earn mileage and status point on 3K. Minimum mileage is also 1,000 miles.

SIN-KUL you get 1,000 miles. Wow... that's nice.... but you have to pay $30 to get the mileages. Anyone has done it?
      visit my blog

Comment

Working...
      X