CX 744 or 773?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
    Well actually I started with trying to be nice. But I got "don't care" attitude. Like I said if there is an aircraft change, shouldn't they inform me upon check in in TPE and ask if I want to change seat or what. Of course I may grumble but if they do that, I can't complain too much as they have done the right thing.
    Before I say anthing, I too was not too happy that CX changed the aircraft type for the same flight. I had started a topic in the-other-forum on the same incident expressing my thoughts on this matter. But like I said before, "scolded" the agent WILL not get you very far especially when you are asking for a favour that is most probably beyond his authority. As pointed up earlier, CX follows a specific pecking order for Op-Ups and even if on a oversold Y flight, there are still DM+s, DMs, CX management flying on duty, GOs, OW Emeralds, etc. ahead of you in the order. Also, when you checked in at TPE, did you not notice the change of seat number? That should ring a bell shouldn't it? If you noticed that, did you not ask to have your emergency roll seat back? When I checked in at TPE for the same 8am flight from TPE, I was told of the aircraft change of CX739 and was apologised to.

For example, on my last week trip to TPE on SQ.
    I have meant to comment on this but I hold back. It is quite strange to see that within a short time of being status matched to MPC Silver, you went back to SQ just because you got an inferior aircaft (hey but you did enjoy the very nice Cabin lounge and used the priority boarding line, didn't you?) and a slow baggage delivery on your blue priority tag. Don't you have any intention to keep your MPC Silver by actually flying on CX/KA (or OW)?

Actually, not me grumbling. I thought I have missed my bag as it came out too fast as I wonder around the Terminal before I head straight to bagage claim. I only found it out when a lady who was in Biz Class complaining that her bags took so long to came out. Another man, again who flew in Biz Class complain also. So then I realize that I may not miss my bag, but the "Priority" handling is not happening.

Well, I have noticed few times on SQ, Priority bags will never fail to come up first, with the Solitaire/PPS (First class) to come up first follow by KF/*A Gold (Biz Class) and the normal....

Seriously, I never think CX will screw up on this, so I thought I simply miss my bag until those 2 fellows confirm that their bags also did not come out first.
    Changi is NOT the home port of CX, so there is nothing much CX could do except perhaps after receiving your complains (or the complains of the two J class passengers), have a word with the ground handling company representing it. It is of course reasonable to expect that when your bag is tagged priority, it should be handled as such. But let me share with you that it is so very common to see 100+ (if not more) priority tagged bags on the HKG-SIN-HKG route. Given the efficiency of Changi, one really do not have to wait THAT long to receive a check-in bag even if it is not priority tagged.

To answer your question regarding my bag, yes it was a bit slower compared to other CX flights but I was still able to get on a cab within 25 minutes of landing. That is already very very fast compared to other major international airports.

If you love flying so much, do try to enjoy every journey and not let these things affect you too much.
    When the going gets tough, the tough go travelling ...

Comment

Originally posted by Flyerfly View Post
      Also, when you checked in at TPE, did you not notice the change of seat number? That should ring a bell shouldn't it? If you noticed that, did you not ask to have your emergency roll seat back? When I checked in at TPE for the same 8am flight from TPE, I was told of the aircraft change of CX739 and was apologised to.
      no, there is no change of the seat. I still given the same seat number I have chosen during online checkin.

I have meant to comment on this but I hold back. It is quite strange to see that within a short time of being status matched to MPC Silver, you went back to SQ just because you got an inferior aircaft (hey but you did enjoy the very nice Cabin lounge and used the priority boarding line, didn't you?) and a slow baggage delivery on your blue priority tag. Don't you have any intention to keep your MPC Silver by actually flying on CX/KA (or OW)?
      Well, it is quite complicated story here. That week trip (19-Jun) was meant by SQ anyway (schedule on 20-Jun). However as I need to be in TPE on Monday morning and SQ has no longer early morning flight on Monday and I can't fly on Sunday afternoon, I have to fly CX, which I can fly 6pm out of SIN. As someone pointed out, actually I did not intended to fly CX until later this year. Since the opportunity come and they granted me with the Silver MPC, so I decided to give a try. I am seriously considering to switch to CX as they have a "better" timing to TPE compare to SQ.

Because of this, I have to shift my SQ ticket to the next week, which I experienced that AVOID problem.

Anyway, after this "incident" I do not see strong reason why I have to switch to CX. Anyway the trip to TPE takes longer (6.5-7 hours compare to 4.5 hours) and there is just too much "surprise".

Changi is NOT the home port of CX, so there is nothing much CX could do except perhaps after receiving your complains (or the complains of the two J class passengers), have a word with the ground handling company representing it. It is of course reasonable to expect that when your bag is tagged priority, it should be handled as such. But let me share with you that it is so very common to see 100+ (if not more) priority tagged bags on the HKG-SIN-HKG route. Given the efficiency of Changi, one really do not have to wait THAT long to receive a check-in bag even if it is not priority tagged.

To answer your question regarding my bag, yes it was a bit slower compared to other CX flights but I was still able to get on a cab within 25 minutes of landing. That is already very very fast compared to other major international airports.

If you love flying so much, do try to enjoy every journey and not let these things affect you too much.
      Like I said, I do know there will probably MANY BAGS with PRIORITY or even higher priorty than me. But I notice that actually the bags that on the belt are NOT a PRIORITY BAG. I do not think this is a BIG deal anyway if there is no change of the aircraft (Like I said I did not even think about it until I heard that lady complaining).

Get on a cab within 25 minutes in Changi is consider quite "long" already. I was told the first bag should come out 15 (was it 13) minutes after the plan park into the gate. So rightfully you should get on a cab within 15-20 minutes
      visit my blog

Comment

Going to burn some BA miles soon for a SIN-HKG-YVR-JFK award soon - can anyone tell me which of the following HKG-YVR flights are preferable in business? I haven't flown CX since the SARS days.

Carrier Flight From Depart To Arrive A/C
        --------- ------ ---- -------- ---- -------- --- -- --------------------------------------------------
        CX 888 HKG 00:30 YVR 21:25 773
        CX 838 HKG 16:35 YVR 13:20 744

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
          Going to burn some BA miles soon for a SIN-HKG-YVR-JFK award soon - can anyone tell me which of the following HKG-YVR flights are preferable in business? I haven't flown CX since the SARS days.

--------- ------ ---- -------- ---- -------- --- -- --------------------------------------------------
          I did this route 2 years ago. I went on CX734 followed by CX888 with a 4 hours layover in HKG.

Comment

AFAIK, some JFK nonstops are served with new 77Ws with new new Business!

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
              And it looks like all the YVR 77W flights have the new business, so that settles it.

Comment

And it looks like all the YVR 77W flights have the new business, so that settles it.
                Definitely. Cirrus thrashes Olympus.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                  +1

YVR gets some too. Look for 77D aircraft code.

Comment

Finally I got a chance to fly CX74A today.

Got upgraded to C class due to many mainlander flying back home for CNY. Seating on upper deck. I guess this is what is being called "Fishbone" as I was told by the FA. I do not like the seating, as it is 45 degree angle. Find it wierd when take off and landing. Also I found, the space is being very limited and narrow. The screen sidewise also quite troublesome. I guess this is why the come up with new biz class.

The other thing that puzzle me. My TPE flight is delayed. I was told this is due to late arrival of aircraft from London. They had made this notification since I am in SIN. Wonder why can't they put another aircraft.

Also I found HKG airport is not transir friendly. My arrival gate is 61 and my TPE departure gate is at Gate 3. I asked if I can take train. I was told it is only one way. So I have to walk all the way from one end to another end
                    visit my blog

Comment

Also I found HKG airport is not transir friendly. My arrival gate is 61 and my TPE departure gate is at Gate 3. I asked if I can take train. I was told it is only one way. So I have to walk all the way from one end to another end
                      One way!? something wrong here.

Comment

I believe you went through the security to departure level at around Gate 40, next time if you have the same case of Gate 40-60 transit to Gate 1-20, you can take the train from Gate 40 to Gate 20 first, then go through the security point at around Gate 20 to the departure level, it save a bit of walk

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                        One way!? something wrong here.
                        Since the departure and arrival level are seperate, and one round trip of the train serve both passengers, outbound (Gate 20->40) serve departure passengers, inbound (Gate 40->20) serve arrival passengers, so you cannot go backward at the departure level using the train

Comment

Originally posted by sutrakhk View Post
                          I believe you went through the security to departure level at around Gate 40, next time if you have the same case of Gate 40-60 transit to Gate 1-20, you can take the train from Gate 40 to Gate 20 first, then go through the security point at around Gate 20 to the departure level, it save a bit of walk
                          I asked the agent at the gate, and she did not have the info on which gate the flight will depart from. Normally the TPE flight will depart at far end gate >40.

Even if I know it will be at Gate 3, as not so frequent visitor to HKG, how I suppose to know that I need to take train first at Arrival floor before clear the check point again

BTW, just curious, I always thought when the flight takes off the light needs to be dimmed out. any idea why? My TPE bound flight, the light did not get dimmed when it took off
                          visit my blog

Comment

Oh yeah 1 more thing to add.

On my SIN-HKG and HKG-TPE, I did not see male cabin attendance on both flight. Quite strange right? Is CX cutting their male crew?
                            visit my blog

Comment

I asked the agent at the gate, and she did not have the info on which gate the flight will depart from. Normally the TPE flight will depart at far end gate >40.
                              This is rather unusual because usually before arrival into HKG, most if not all CX flights (in my experience) will list out the gate information (and the nearest transiting point) of the flights of the onboard transitting passengers on the screen. Upon arrival, usually there are multiple ground agents holding papers stating the gate information again.

CX flights to TPE depart from random gates there is really no fixed pattern in my experience ...

Even if I know it will be at Gate 3, as not so frequent visitor to HKG, how I suppose to know that I need to take train first at Arrival floor before clear the check point again
                              You may want to check out the inflight magazine next time - there is a map and a guide to transiting in HKG. Further, the gate information shown on screen prior to arrival (if shown on the flight, which is the usual case) as mentioned above also indicates the nearest transiting point.

BTW, just curious, I always thought when the flight takes off the light needs to be dimmed out. any idea why? My TPE bound flight, the light did not get dimmed when it took off
                              Dimming of lights on taking off/ landing only happens on CX flights if outside is dark (evening and at night).
                              When the going gets tough, the tough go travelling ...

Comment

Originally posted by sutrakhk View Post
                                Since the departure and arrival level are seperate, and one round trip of the train serve both passengers, outbound (Gate 20->40) serve departure passengers, inbound (Gate 40->20) serve arrival passengers, so you cannot go backward at the departure level using the train
                                Although I've transited in HKG a couple of times, it may be my luck but I've always gone through security near the immigration but if the train is really one way, can't you just get on the way people get out? Like is there security making sure that the train returns to the original completely empty or does the train go somewhere else after that?

Comment

Working...
                                X