Jetstar to Europe from SIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j.lin View Post
    But it's surprising that Qantas is not doing well. I believe is primarily due to high labour cost

Labour costs aside, if I'm not mistaken (and happy to be told otherwise), didn't SQ have a similar financial outlook last year?

SQ itself made a loss but subsidiary companies carried that loss and the SIA Group turned a profit

This would appear to be the same scenario for QF at the moment, QF itself is losing money but subsidiary companies are carrying that loss through their profit and overall the QF Group is operating profitably.

Granted it would be - in a perfect economic climate - fantastic for QF to be turning a profit and carrying its own, unfortunately it's not the case - but QF isn't about to be wiped off the face of the aviation universe...

Getting back to the 'labour cost' claim, there's no way that this is the 'primary' reason for a decline in profits

Comment

Hmm, Jetstar is flying to Ningbo instead, with two new destinations (one China, one ASEAN) to be announced soon

Comment

Originally posted by EWR View Post
        Hmm, Jetstar is flying to Ningbo instead, with two new destinations (one China, one ASEAN) to be announced soon
        Hanoi and Beijing those were.

It seems that convenience fee has swelled to S$10 per sector with 3K

Comment

Originally posted by EWR View Post
          It seems that convenience fee has swelled to S$10 per sector with 3K
          And the worst part is that they don't show it until the last moment before you hit "pay"

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
            And the worst part is that they don't show it until the last moment before you hit "pay"
            I'm not sure if it applies to all countries of origin, I recently booked a ticket 1 way from China, there's no convenience fee at all.

Comment

If I am not wrong. 3K flights originating from Malaysia also does not have "convenience fee".
              My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                If I am not wrong. 3K flights originating from Malaysia also does not have "convenience fee".
                I believe the convenience fee applies only ex-SIN. One way to circumvent part of it is to buy two one-ways - otherwise, use one of the offline payment modes.

3K has also announced that they will be pulling out of MFM from Feb 6. I wonder why! Has it been doing poorly? 3K used to have two daily flights!

Comment

believed it is possible for the new 332 to like what D7 ie to use its soon to be delivered 2 A332s to do KUL-London/Paris non-stop perhaps with some cargo load limitations.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                    believed it is possible for the new 332 to like what D7 ie to use its soon to be delivered 2 A332s to do KUL-London/Paris non-stop perhaps with some cargo load limitations.
                    IIRC, D7's 332s are the Increased Takeoff Weight ones. So maybe JQ's aren't as powerful as D7's.

They're only arriving in 2014 FYI, not anytime soon

Comment

yes D7's A332E are the IGW type - but thought read it somewhere that the delivery be in 2nd half of 2012?

Comment

Jetstar is really aiming for aggressive expansion in SIN! They just announced a 2nd daily SIN-TPE-KIX and increase DRW to 10x weekly and today, they had quietly launched SIN-MNL-KIX! That makes 3x daily flights to KIX from SIN (2x via TPE, 1x via MNL)!
                        My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Working...
                        X