X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA goes double daily to HKG from 16JUN2011

New flights operating from 16JUN2011:

GA876 CGK-HKG 1700-2300
    GA873 HKG-CGK 0900-1300 (starts 17JUN2011)

The new flights are operated with B737-800s (hopefully the ones with AVOD).

Yes, it will be either the GM* or the GF* series with AVOD.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
      New flights operating from 16JUN2011:

GA876 CGK-HKG 1700-2300
      GA873 HKG-CGK 0900-1300 (starts 17JUN2011)

The new flights are operated with B737-800s (hopefully the ones with AVOD).
      The flight time of GA 876 has now changed to 23:55 and arriving at 05:55 which will allow a good connection to DL flight out of HKG.

The time for the returning flight of GA 873 still stays the same.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
        connection to DL flight out of HKG.
        DL? Why DL of all the other wonderful carriers in the world

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
          DL? Why DL of all the other wonderful carriers in the world
          Skyteam codeshare I would think?

Comment

I really would love to see GA bring back the surf route LaX-HNL-DPS-CGK some day

Any idea when those 77Ws they ordered are coming in?
            Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Originally posted by B727 View Post
              Any idea when those 77Ws they ordered are coming in?
              Q1 2013.

Comment

Yes, Q1 2013 now. GA is supposed to have 2 77Ws coming in 2013. I have also just learned that there may be a slight change in the configuration for 77W as per the original plan but I should not share it here at this moment. What I can tell now is that it is a good change as far as I know from a very little information I have now.

GA is also scheduled to join Skyteam Q1 2013 after a 6 month delay due to IT issues. The migration to Altea has now started as well so there will only be more improvements down the road.

Comment

GA is also scheduled to join Skyteam Q1 2013 after a 6 month delay due to IT issues. The migration to Altea has now started as well so there will only be more improvements down the road.
                  Another delay to 2014 now

http://www.centreforaviation.com/new...ly-2014-159291
                  visit my blog

Comment

Yes, Q1 2013 now. GA is supposed to have 2 77Ws coming in 2013. I have also just learned that there may be a slight change in the configuration for 77W as per the original plan but I should not share it here at this moment. What I can tell now is that it is a good change as far as I know from a very little information I have now.

Any more leaks on GA's 77Ws, UMD? First 777 to feature Boeing Sky Interior maybe? Unlike others, I couldn't remember them briefing the media on the configuration and features of their to-be-delivered aircrafts. Is this a PR strategy that you know of? Or is it simply habitual? Everyone knows it's going to be their flagship aircraft yet nothing's been said.

On the other hand, MH did more promotion of its flagship A380 pre-delivery than post-delivery and from what I read on another forum, many were left underwhelmed with the offerings. Taking that as an example, I felt that aggressive advertising can sometimes create a wave of over-expectation towards something. Now, is this something GA management is hoping to prevent? More insight please...

Comment

Originally posted by psidarta View Post
                      Any more leaks on GA's 77Ws, UMD? First 777 to feature Boeing Sky Interior maybe? Unlike others, I couldn't remember them briefing the media on the configuration and features of their to-be-delivered aircrafts. Is this a PR strategy that you know of? Or is it simply habitual? Everyone knows it's going to be their flagship aircraft yet nothing's been said.

On the other hand, MH did more promotion of its flagship A380 pre-delivery than post-delivery and from what I read on another forum, many were left underwhelmed with the offerings. Taking that as an example, I felt that aggressive advertising can sometimes create a wave of over-expectation towards something. Now, is this something GA management is hoping to prevent? More insight please...
                      Not that I know of at the moment. As for how quiet the airline is regarding its flagship aircraft, I am sure it is not due to any PR spin.

Comment

more tempted to try garuda indonesia bombardier crj 1000 which will be arrive soon by end of the year

Comment

Originally posted by adityabudi View Post
                          more tempted to try garuda indonesia bombardier crj 1000 which will be arrive soon by end of the year
                          Now that's something i look forward too

Comment

Originally posted by soarbeyond View Post
                            haha, juz read your TR.. Congrats!

(hope this is not a spoiler to your interesting TR)

Comment

Originally posted by soarbeyond View Post
                              And that day could be coming before the end of 2012. GA is planning to use its CRJ to serve UPG - SIN - UPG which is currently serviced by its outgoing B735 fleet. It must be a sight to see a CRJ 1000 parked next to the mammoth A380 @ T3 in Changi.

GA's CRJ 1000s will be used mostly on intra Sumatra, intra Kalimantan and intra East Indonesian flights. Initially, these birds will be based in MES and UPG. PEN will also be serviced by a CRJ from MES.

Comment

Working...
                              X