Oneworld Status match with 1 SIN-Europe Finnair Flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    I have just been reading that BA have now withdrawn this!. A couple I know usually mentioned OD as their favourite benefit, and they are not happy.

As I am on the verge of BA Silver and was wondering whether to go for Gold next year, I think this settles that. I am no BA EC expert but I see little benefit of Gold over Silver now.
    The removl of OD has made my mind up not to bother with BAEC Gold anymore. it was going to be a real struggle for me and it just is not worth it.

The benefits of Gold over Silver are really marginal and in my mind not worth it.

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
    I just did it in one, including a short Club Europe r/t. (Living in Switzerland, of course... )
    Yes if you live in Europe then BAEC is very attractive.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
      (Living in Switzerland, of course... )
      Gruezi mittenand! (From one Swiss to Another)

Comment

Quoi? Je ne parle pas Schweizer-Deutsch...

Comment

As I am on the verge of BA Silver and was wondering whether to go for Gold next year, I think this settles that. I am no BA EC expert but I see little benefit of Gold over Silver now.
          Come on! There's also little benefit in PPS but you still maintain that!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
            Come on! There's also little benefit in PPS but you still maintain that!
            I don't 'maintain' PPS at all, I get it by flying SQ when I do, or by accident rather than design. Unlike many BA Gold card holders I don't do mileage runs to maintain PPS as I am well aware how worthless it is.

It looks like you will have to get used to the same with BA Gold now.

Comment

I don't 'maintain' PPS at all, I get it by flying SQ when I do, or by accident rather than design. Unlike many BA Gold card holders I don't do mileage runs to maintain PPS as I am well aware how worthless it is.

It looks like you will have to get used to the same with BA Gold now.
              It may be worthless (or rather, not worth much more than silver) but unlike some, OD isn't a big deal at all for me. In 4 years so far of being gold, I can count on my hands the number of times I've used OD and IIRC they were all times when I had access to another lounge anyway, e.g. AZ ex LIN/MXP; NH ex HKG; and TK ex ATH. I think it's mostly affected those (not me) who take EZ ex LGW (but even then, I have a priority pass for that eventuality).

Off the top of my head and given the change to the mileage bonus last year, the benefits of gold (ignoring GGL and benefits for higher tier points) vs silver consist of:

* F check-in / lounge
              * award availability from revenue buckets (for twice the miles)
              * increased availability for Y redemptions (who does those ?)
              * the possibility of being looked after hopefully better during irrops
              * better treatment by some (e.g. CX - inflight greeting, F tagged luggage; and JL domestic - priority boarding along with F pax)
              * certain J/F seats can be allocated and (I believe) no need to pay for Y emex seats

And that's it I think! I value BA gold for the first benefit, i.e. nicer lounges; J check-in for CX at HKG can take a while; the nice F check-in facilities at HND for JL domestic; etc. I wouldn't go (too much!) out of my way to maintain gold, i.e. you'll find me spending twice as long to fly LHR-AMM-BKK-HKG on RJ compared to direct (plus it's cheaper) but I wouldn't do a silly AA F run.

Comment

Working...
              X