What is CX Club Sectors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is CX Club Sectors?

Three months ago, I apply for CX Marco Polo membership and got a letter today saying they appreciate my business and have specially upgraded me to Silver status (how nice!) and this Silver card has perks like access to business class lounge and additional baggage allowance.

For regular CX frequent flyers, what does CX means when it says "Club Sectors"? The website isnt very clear about it. Supposedly I need to fly 30,000 miles and 20 club sectors to re-qualify.

Club sectors are the flight segments; elite qualification is based either on miles or on sectors (just as in the pre-cull PPS system). Sectors, like club miles, count COS bonus, so CGK-HKG is one sector in Y, 1.25 in business.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
      Club sectors are the flight segments; elite qualification is based either on miles or on sectors (just as in the pre-cull PPS system).
      So each journey point to point is 1 sector regardless of distance?

Comment

Originally posted by benlee View Post
        Regardless of distance, it's the same sector count (actual count depends on COS), but the elite miles depend on the distance travelled. (That is the point of difference compared to PPS sectors.)

Comment

Regardless of distance, it's the same sector count (actual count depends on COS), but the elite miles depend on the distance travelled.
          I see. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by benlee View Post
            Y = 1
            J = 1.25
            F = 1.5

That's why people who do weekly HKG-TPE-HKG flights get their status easily!

Comment

Any idea if CX will match my A3 Gold Status?
              visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                Any idea if CX will match my A3 Gold Status?
                Besides the fact that your question is obviously OT, I think GB and kchika already addressed your question in another thread, no? They're our CX experts -- trust them.
                Originally posted by kchika View Post
                Probably won't because you don't really need that much flying to attain A3 Gold and TG Silver, plus A3 doesn't fly to HKG either. Unless you can show them that you have heavy travel on CX in the near future, I don't think they'll match you.

But then again, it doesn't hurt to ask.
                Write them, but like kchika, I wouldn't be too hopeful. He gave you pretty solid reasons why it's best to keep expectations in check when you write to CX.
                Last edited by jjpb3; 3 June 2011, 04:57 AM.

Comment

Besides the fact that your question is obviously OT, I think GB and kchika already addressed your question in another thread, no? They're our CX experts -- trust them.

Write them, but like kchika, I wouldn't be too hopeful. He gave you pretty solid reasons why it's best to keep expectations in check when you write to CX.
                  OK Thanks. I think I will wait until I got TG ROP Gold which I think I may get it by October/November, if my travel pattern is still the same.

By then, I think they may match the TG-ROP Gold. Any idea how long normally it will take. As if I still need to go Taipei by December, due to high seasson holiday traveller, I may end up on waiting list on SQ, so may have chance to fly CX and that MPC Silver may be handy
                  visit my blog

Comment

btw, if CX gives the status match say to Silver. Does it mean you still to do 40 club sectors or just another 20?
                    visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                      btw, if CX gives the status match say to Silver. Does it mean you still to do 40 club sectors or just another 20?

From MPC Silver, you need 20 sectors to renew Silver and 40 to attain MPC Gold in one membership year.
                      Last edited by Flyerfly; 15 June 2011, 10:46 AM.
                      When the going gets tough, the tough go travelling ...

Comment

This is probably a silly question, but I just want to make sure I am correct in my thinking. I do earn Club miles and Club sectors that count towards tier status taveling on any oneworld airline don`t I?

Comment

Originally posted by Singapore Sling View Post
                          This is probably a silly question, but I just want to make sure I am correct in my thinking. I do earn Club miles and Club sectors that count towards tier status taveling on any oneworld airline don`t I?
                          You are but you must take note of the sub-class. I have tried to check JL/QF fares, most of them only earn 50%. Here is the link
                          https://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en...p/mpo/oneworld
                          visit my blog

Comment

Working...
                          X