No announcement yet.

In praise of Virgin America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think sitting on the right gives you more of a chance to be looking out over the strip as you come into land but LAS is one of those airports where it is very difficult to predict which direction the plane will land from. But to be honest unless it is dark when you land it is not much of a sight.

Comment

Grateful for the answer, Lobster! Last question, for takeoff ex-SFO, for the best views, would you recommend sitting on the Left or Right? (not sure if they use A or K)

Thanks in advance mate

Comment

If you can sit in first class (whatever they called it), it will be even better. Usual domestic first class seats do not have much leg room. VX's first class has so much leg room, my feet can't touch the front seats when fully stretched out (I'm 6' tall). However, IFE does not operate gate to gate for first class as screen needs to be stowed for taxiing.

Comment

Definitely the best views I have ever had leaving SFO I was sitting on the Left but I was heading to LHR.

Comment

i flew VX on 3/19 and 3/21 to Vegas and i was not so much impressed. Ground crew were great at SFO, received a voucher for a free drink because it was my 21st bday but in-flight team members were totally different. I had 2 male crew serving the main cabin and one lead in the front. The two male were very slow, did not smile and had an attitude. When asked for a $2 headset, the male crew (J) is what im going to call him, rolled his eyes, went to the overhead bin, grab the head set and dropped it on my tray table. I wanted to speak to the lead team member during disembarkation but i was like the hell with it because i was in Vegas.

Return flight was slightly better. Had an all female crew. They did their job, but nothing more. Overall, the only thing that puts VX on a different level is there cool new planes, mood lighting, PTV's and leather seats. Other than that, they are no different than southwest, well thats not really fair because on SWA they actually try to give you peanuts to nibble on, not VX.

Complimentary drink from VX

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
            Last edited by singaporeairlinesboi; 26 March 2011, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
              I think sitting on the right gives you more of a chance to be looking out over the strip as you come into land but LAS is one of those airports where it is very difficult to predict which direction the plane will land from. But to be honest unless it is dark when you land it is not much of a sight.
              Actually, sitting on the left will give you a better chance of seeing the strip because the majority of the flights come in from the north and turn for 25l

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                Thanks. How have the white leather seats aged over the past 4 years? Still decent?
                I can't believe how time flies!

You know, surprisingly well! I had inquired about them during that first year when I sat next to one of the designers on the LAX-SFO run. He told me they put a lot of thought into the material and the color. I really haven't noticed too much of a difference -- except for the dirtiness in the crevices. Many seats, however, have been replaced due to faulty electronics.
                HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                X