No announcement yet.

Around Asia with SQ/TG/JL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After quick photos of the lounge it was time to go to check standby..I walk over and Class J upgrade 1000yen later ok! upgrade complete.
    Boarding has not started so I took some photo's

Same 744 taking me back to HND.

This time I waited around and was one of the last passengers on. Carryon? no problem.
    Gate 25

I was wondering if the crew would recognize me, but nothing ok...no problem I was sitting in 11K this time on the flight from HND I was in 11C. just opposite each other.

Flight was uneventuful again. Sleep drink apple juice and flight time 1:50 minutes. Some shot of the cabin during flight.

Comment

Arrival into HND was 4:30pm...Now time to search for dinner (I was eating every 3 hours)....I walk around and around. I don't know what to eat, but I guess I wanted sushi (breakfast left me craving for more)... Couple photo's of sushi. I had a long discussion with the sushi chef and another customer. I was planning to be there no mroe than 15 minutes, but it ended up being 1 hour.

Got too carried away so those are the only photo's. I had about three times more than that.

After dinner I wanted something sweet. I found Kihachi Ice-cream yay!

After ice-cream it was 6pm...I still had time until my 7.45pm departure...
      I went to the lounge and just sat around watching airplanes take off and land.

picture of the lounge at night

I left the lounge at 7pm and walked around the terminal a bit. Then I just watched the plane getting serviced. (I was bored out of my mind)
      Okinawa round #2

Information about our flight.

Plane at the gate!

I was one of the last to board again.

This was the former JAS 777. One of the few 777's with PTV on domestic runs. I got the former Rainbow seat! (pic later again)

Comment

Boarding bridge!

Flight time to Okinawa was 2 hours and 15 minutes tonight...why 5 minutes longer than during the day?! I dunno hahahah.
        Pictures during flight

Can not forget the SQFG legshot

Arrival into OKA was 10:30pm...first thing baggage claim

Bags arrived without a problem. Next up was monorail for tonights hotel. I caught the 11pm monorail. Toyoko-Inn Miebashi station 4500yen a night (cheap!) Here are photo's of the 12m2 room.

Comment

I repack everything. By the time I finished everything I got in bed at 12.30am.... I set my alarm clock for 5.50am because I had to catch the first train to OKA airport (6.13am). Reason why I was heading to the airport early was for the Class J upgrade. Airport checkin counters open at 6.30. I'll be there at 6.30am sharp. My flight tomorrow was 8.15am.

I go to bed, but I couldn't sleep I was worried I would over sleep..oh well I got up at 5.20am and took my sweet time. I left the room at 5.50am went downstairs and left my bags there for 3 minutes while I went to lawsons.

Got to the train station at 6.00am.
          Photo's of the train station.

Ticket was 290yen IIRC
          Time table

Towards OKA airport

Train came and 15 minutes later 6.25am at OKA station. Walk over to the checkin counters...

Upgraded to Class J for today OKA-HND-OKA-ITM confirmed! yay
          Hotel included breakfast, but made no sense to go back
          Breakfast at one of the open shops in the morning

Comment

Some pictures of the apron while waiting for breakfast
            ANA 744D Pokemon Jet

After breakfast I walked around the souviner area...didn't buy anything (as I thought I was going to have time to come back later in the day)

Walking towards security

After security lounge time no escalator this time

Entrance

Comment

Who can use the lounge

View of the lounge

I was in the lounge for about 40 minutes charging my iphone (this trip report is all iphone pics)
              Walking towards the gate

Got to the gate early again. Same plane Gate 22.. JA008D for my flight back to HND!

Still early and empty

Comment

I was one of the first to board today because I wanted a photo of Rainbow seats without my seatmate next to me.

and here it is Rainbow seats (best Class J seats in the JAL Domestic right now)

Flight time to HND was 1:50..

Arrival was at 10:20 I was meeting someone for lunch at 11:30 at Tokyo station.
                Caught the 10:31am Monorail to Hamamatsucho

30 minutes later I was in Tokyo!

Where I met my friend

Picture of Tokyo station under renovation

I called my friend early...he got out early from work met at 11:15am. We choose Churasco for lunch.
                salad bar

I didn't choose the salad bar so a salad came for me

My Hamburger steak

Comment

After catching up with my friend and having starbucks after. I left Tokyo station around 1.15pm.
                  Transfering at Hamamatsucho station

I'm taking the express train

Got to the airport at 1.45pm

Oops I had to go to the South Departures

HND Terminal 1 renovation project wasn't there yesterday night

Comment

After clearing security. Lounge is to the left
                    Entrance to the lounge (step by step now)

After the doors open

Up the escalators

At the top turn left and reception

to the right of reception is Sakura (Sapphire) and to the left of reception is Diamond (Emerald) members lounges..

Walk down the hall..to the left is showers and bathrooms

turn right

at the end of the hall tada...lounge

Comment

We can't miss the food section right?

I leave the lounge at 2pm...walk over to the gate to watch an empty gate...oops delay for sure.
                      Anyone want Tokyo Banana?

Comment

My 773 coming in late.

Gate area announced at 2.20 that our flight was going to be delayed duh....how are you going to turn a 773 around in 15 minutes.... During the delay annoucements were made for connecting passengers to Miyako and Ishigaki (why not me? to ITM lol) Bored out of my mind I sit around the gate area waiting.

Flight boarding started at 2.55pm for a 3.10pm departure (40min delay). When I passed through the gate it beeped (I said oh no in my mind). They said I might not make the flight to ITM..I said no problem (the wanted me to fly back direct NO THANKS)...They said if u miss your flight you have to overnight NO BIG DEAL!....So boarding and everything complete (the reason for major delay was mechanical delay) Flight time to OKA was 2 hours and 25 minutes. Expected arrival 6pm my connection was at 6:15pm (no problem)...
                        Really empty flight today!

My seat 11K

Comment

Failed attempt SQFG shot oops...I was trying to show legroom!

The same thing I had on all 5 flights

Engine

During the flight the CA came over and told me my flight was departing from gate 22 and we are arriving at gate 23. Also the CA 3 of them! wondered why I am flying such routing. There was one CA in particular who was interested about my MR...5 minute chat. I wish I had gotten her number or e-mail addy... she is a Aviation freak.

Arrival into OKA was 17:55 Parked out into the terminal at 18:00. When I walked out I already saw my flight to ITM boarding. Oh I wanted food. Went to buy some food first.
                          My aircraft to ITM

Boarding!

One more shot before boarding

11k again to ITM. Flight was a bit more full this time. I got lazy and didn't get up much during this flight.
                          Flight time to ITM 1:30
                          Food I ate for dinner

Arrived at 8pm...got my bags (only checked my bags in the morning for OKA-ITM) and pick up service from sister and brother. Home sweet home!

My goal was accomplished (although i should have done another 4 flights) I got 20146 FOP (fly on points) to start my year. I need to hit 50k FOP before Dec 31st which should be easy now That's it for now thanks for reading!

Comment

Originally posted by fumitani View Post
                            Security took 1 minute (no touch my junk stuff in Japan)
                            Hahahahaha

(this trip report is all iphone pics)

30 minutes later I was in Tokyo!
                            HND is so much nicer to commute from than NRT!
                            HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                            X