Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Kampung" Guy Goes To See New Culinary Horizon, And He Like Them A Lot.... d(^.^)b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You just whipped up my appetite for dim sum tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
      Wow! What's the $$$$$$ damage? I know you don't care, you super-duper "kampung" guy
      Our "kampung" guy has sold his chickens, goats and cows back in his "kampung" to pay for the dinner....

Comment

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
        Our "kampung" guy has sold his chickens, goats and cows back in his "kampung" to pay for the dinner....
        I'm fairly surprised the kampung boy knows how to count so many zeros

Comment

You didn't know that after X,000 posts on SQT, your status changes from LPP "X" to simply "Kampung Boy/Girl"...?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
            I'm fairly surprised the kampung boy knows how to count so many zeros

You will be surprised knowing what else he can do back in his kampung...

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
            You didn't know that after X,000 posts on SQT, your status changes from LPP "X" to simply "Kampung Boy/Girl"...?
            Really???

Comment

But at least our "Kampung" guy still has his "sawah" at home. So we can expect more gastronomical encounters like this the next time he travels.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                But at least our "Kampung" guy still has his "sawah" at home. So we can expect more gastronomical encounters like this the next time he travels.
                Ahhh.... poor "sawah"....
                It will get sold once our "kampung" guy decided to try El Bulli.....

Comment

Ahhh.... poor "sawah"....
                  It will get sold once our "kampung" guy decided to try El Bulli.....
                  "kampung" guy had better hurry up since I believe El Bulli is closing down permanently after this year!

If "kampung" guy enjoyed Bo Innovation once (formerly 2 but demoted to 1 star last year), then he may also want to try (e.g.) the Tapas Molecular Bar at the MO Tokyo (1 star) and of course the Fat Duck (3 stars) in the village of Bray near London. (Is there anything like this in Singapore ?)

Me ... I have even more "kampung" tastes and having tried Bo Innovation (the X'mas menu with all the options) and the Fat Duck a few times, I definitely prefer what will hopefully be coming up in part 2 of "kampung" guy's TR and also another quite well known restaurant (3 stars for the last 25 years) literally a few minutes walk down the road from the Fat Duck in Bray!

Comment

I forgot to add - many thanks to "kampung" guy for the Bo Innovation (and indeed the rest of the TR)! They're bright, in focus etc - much better than others I've seen elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                      "kampung" guy had better hurry up since I believe El Bulli is closing down permanently after this year!

If "kampung" guy enjoyed Bo Innovation once (formerly 2 but demoted to 1 star last year), then he may also want to try (e.g.) the Tapas Molecular Bar at the MO Tokyo (1 star) and of course the Fat Duck (3 stars) in the village of Bray near London. (Is there anything like this in Singapore ?)

Me ... I have even more "kampung" tastes and having tried Bo Innovation (the X'mas menu with all the options) and the Fat Duck a few times, I definitely prefer what will hopefully be coming up in part 2 of "kampung" guy's TR and also another quite well known restaurant (3 stars for the last 25 years) literally a few minutes walk down the road from the Fat Duck in Bray!
                      Ahhhh.... El Bulli, Tapas Molecular Bar, Fat Duck....
                      How many "sawah" this "kampung" guy must sell to fund him to taste all those gastronomy adventures???
                      Or he must sell his clothes too?

Thanks jhm for the info and idea...

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                      I forgot to add - many thanks to "kampung" guy for the Bo Innovation (and indeed the rest of the TR)! They're bright, in focus etc - much better than others I've seen elsewhere.
                      Thanks.... Hope that will make you reconsider to visit Bo again...

Comment

Hope that will make you reconsider to visit Bo again...
                        Indeed, your photos did do that!

It may perhaps be easier in the future for me (having no money to jet around the world unlike "kampung" guy ) as there was/is talk of the chef, Alvin Leung opening up in London. (Back to his roots sort of since I read that he was born in London and then grew up in Toronto.)

Comment

Just came back from a nice culinary escape in Bali...

Now it's time to continue the "kampung" guy story....

After some nice fiestas in Hong Kong.... It was time for our "kampung" guy to come home to pick up his family to go to Japan...

He arrived quite early for his 15:55 CX780 flight....

In this X'mas peak season, HKG was very crowded...

Long line at every CX counters....

CX has provided quite a numbers of automatic check in machines.... but look like they still not too popular yet...

Comment

Luckily our "kampung" guy no need to queue on that long line...
                            He got the privilege to use row B counters.... the row for CX's premium pax...
                            And it was in different atmosphere compare to other rows...

The "concierge" style F class check in counters....
                            (hmm... no scales???.... Looks like CX will accept whatever your luggage weight are... may be an elephant will work here???)

Comment

J class section.... (in here they do have scales...)

Soon he got his BP and invitation to the lounges....
                              Yay!!!.... THE CABIN....

Still plenty of time to enjoy the CX's newest lounge... THE CABIN...

Immigration's line quite long and packed...
                              And with that condition, our "kampung" guy's HKFV card became handy...
                              He just showed his card to the lady who guarded ke line, she scanned it, and then our "kampung" guy was directed to the special channel which was empty... I was a diplomatic channel...

Look at that...
                              It was quite packed at the immigration counters...

Ok.... where were we now.... where was the lounge...
                              Let's see them on the map...

Comment

As usual, our "kampung" guy always got amused with the atmosphere of the HKG airport... Felt so airy and spacious and huge...

On the way to the lounge, he spotted some nice airplanes...

Big fat mama from Singapore....

This time no "golden" toilet from BI...

Love this livery...

Ahh... green aircraft from VN...

Comment

Working...
                                X