Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asian Tour - An odyssey of First class travel on GF and SQ (amongst others)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just read your comments about IC Tokyo. I stayed at the hotel in Feb, along with the Westins in Osaka and Kyoto. It's not just IC Tokyo that's in need of a refurbishment - Japanese hotel rooms seem to have a uniformly worn out feel. But then I could just be 3 times unlucky.

Did the concierge provide an outdated metro map as well? U'll notice that the metro station immediately outside the hotel, as well as the entire line leading up to Shinbashi station, doesn't exist on the map!
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 22 March 2007, 04:52 PM.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Almost there!

Just put another update up. I've now covered all the SQ flights and I had another fantastic, albeit short, experience SIN-BKK with a lovely Lobster Thermidor and great crew.

Should be completing the report with the final GF F flights in the next couple of days.
      Check out my Trip Reports at:
      Phil's Travel Diary

Comment

Thanks for the updates, Phil!

The check-in area at KL airport is huge and the Singapore Airlines desks are right at one end. However despite the long walk, the terminal is absolutely beautiful and from my experience of quick check-in, security and immigration it somewhat deserves its much-advertised accolade as the world's best airport.
        Even better than SIN ? SQfg and others will be pleased!

Amused to read about you trying to avoid too much alcohol in the SKL F!

Comment

'Alcohol'? 'Avoid'? They come in the same sentence??

Thanks for the lovely updates, PhilH!
          Last edited by KeithMEL; 1 April 2007, 06:59 PM.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
            Amused to read about you trying to avoid too much alcohol in the SKL F!
            Well, this was getting towards the end of two weeks of constant high quality food and booze and my body was beginning to take the toll!

Actually, this was further proven as shortly after I got back I went down with a stomach bug or something, hence my absence from the London FT Do this week
            Phil's Travel Diary

Comment

OK, the trip report has been finished now, sorry for the delay in getting the last day updated, which includes the two GF flights back to LHR.
              Phil's Travel Diary

Comment

Thanks for the updates, PhilH. Glad you liked the De Bortoli dessert wine - it's one of my faves.

Comment

cheers for the updates PhilH loved the reports keep them coming

Comment

Thanks for the great trip report I really enjoyed reading it.

Comment

Thanks for the report! Good to know that your SQ68 up to BKK was great as well. I noticed no mango or rose apple chosen for your fruits selection...

Comment

cheers for the report mate - a great read for sure

Comment

Working...
                        X