Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forget LCCs, go full service around SE Asia! (MI, CX, SQ)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forget LCCs, go full service around SE Asia! (MI, CX, SQ)

Hey SQTalk I'm on a trip to BKK with a stop in SIN from KUL and back. Thought I'd share a few pics with you guys. It's my first TR too. I'm flying on promo fares which work out to be cheaper than LCCs!

KUL-SIN MI333 (A320)
    SIN-BKK CX721 ("B777" presumably 772)
    BKK-SIN SQ979 (B772)
    SIN-KUL (TBC)
    Kuala Lumpur International (KUL) -> Singapore Changi (SIN)
    Airline/Flight: SilkAir MI333
    Departs/Arrives: 1025/1120
    Duration: 50 mins
    Aircraft/Registration: Airbus A320/ 9V-SLM
    Class: Economy (new seats)

I know this flight is probably flown thousands of times by fellow SQTalkers (incl me), but since I've taken a few pics

On this particular day, I have experienced my fastest checkin in KUL. I handed my passport to the smiling lady at the counter (she seemed to be the only one in SQ uniform, not MI's), and literally after a few clicks on the computer, my BP was handed to me. Within seconds!

Immigration was quick despite only 2 or 3 auto lanes working, and I was off to the bus station (the aerotrain which links the main terminal and the satellite terminal is not available). The process was orderly, and it actually gave me a good view of a few aircraft on the tarmac up close!

Today also marks the day where I saw the most A330s ever!

At the satellite terminal

Had 30 minutes to spare, so I was off planespotting! Here is a China Southern A320, bound for Guangzhou shortly.

Flag carrier Malaysia Airlines' B777-200. You can always find a few of them hanging around at any time of the day.

A few widebodies queuing up for takeoff (1 A330 in the background)

Interesting! Two Air Asia sisters parked away from the LCC. Also near their rivals. (another A330)

A Cathay 773

An Emirates 77W

My ride for today 9V-SLM

Nice! I got their new economy seats for the first time. The old ones were softer though. Today's load: 98%

A visitor from Yemen!

Yet another A330

The EK 77W takesoff. Wish I could go along....

No welcome announcement from the crew, only a brief one from the pilot.

Taxiing (look closely into the background, another A330 next to a 747)

Takeoff

Comment

Making a 160 degree turn to the southwest.

A cloudy day

In no time, we're in Singapore airspace.

What island is that? Indonesia or Singapore?

The skyscrapers downtown. Glad I'm seated in 20A for the views

MRT depot. Was this where the Swiss guy got into trouble?

Welcome to Singapore

Comment

Two whalejets. Are they the grounded ones?

A private B732?

9V-SYB (I think)

And..... we're here. Good thing we're parked near the arrivals!

I know I know, a TR which is a bit long for a short flight, but thanks for reading! Next stop: Bangkok

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
          What island is that? Indonesia or Singapore?
          That's Pulau Sudong. Off limits to cvs.

Comment

I think it wasn;t too long for a KL-SIN run
            Can;t wait for the rest !

Comment

I know this flight is probably flown thousands of times by fellow SQTalkers (incl me), but since I've taken a few pics
              It's a fairly heavily flown route here But yeah, brings back memories, so I say go for it!

It's been ages since I flew on this route. The last time was erm..... lunch time today

Comment

It's my first TR too.

Interesting! Two Air Asia sisters parked away from the LCC. Also near their rivals. (another A330)
                Yay! My twin's first TR! I think this one is the 1,000,067th TR that features KUL-SIN, but of course, people never get tired of it. There's always something new to report LOL!

Interesting to see the 2 D7's A333s parked at the apron near MTB. There must be no space to accommodate them at the LCCT (and I am having an imagery of Tony Fernandes nagging Malaysia Airports Berhad "Itulah slow sangat siapkan my terminal" in the background). Just a trivia, the special livery aircraft, which features prominent buildings throughout D7's destinations (interestingly Singapore's Merlion is there as well - D7 does not serve SIN), have not flown any of D7's route after being painted in the new scheme because it was leased by Air Bahrain for some hajj operation. I think the aircraft just got back now.

A private B732?
                Tri MG is probably an Indonesian cargo operator. The aircraft is wearing the livery of Neptune Air (of Malaysia).

Can't wait for the rest of the report.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                  It's a fairly heavily flown route here But yeah, brings back memories, so I say go for it!

It's been ages since I flew on this route. The last time was erm..... lunch time today
                  Were you flying from or to KUL? If you were in T2 during lunch time, we were pretty close

Originally posted by SliverKris View Post
                  Yay! My twin's first TR! I think this one is the 1,000,067th TR that features KUL-SIN, but of course, people never get tired of it. There's always something new to report LOL!

Interesting to see the 2 D7's A333s parked at the apron near MTB. There must be no space to accommodate them at the LCCT (and I am having an imagery of Tony Fernandes nagging Malaysia Airports Berhad "Itulah slow sangat siapkan my terminal" in the background). Just a trivia, the special livery aircraft, which features prominent buildings throughout D7's destinations (interestingly Singapore's Merlion is there as well - D7 does not serve SIN), have not flown any of D7's route after being painted in the new scheme because it was leased by Air Bahrain for some hajj operation. I think the aircraft just got back now.
                  Can't wait for the rest of the report.
                  Thanks twin, I'm not such a pro trip reporter like you ya know

I think one of those D7 aircraft was a 343. I must say, their liveries are all very interesting. Maybe they did run out of parking space, so they had to peak them near their rival, MH

Comment

Were you flying from or to KUL? If you were in T2 during lunch time
                    came in on 9v-sli as mi 322 from sin which departed 1010. Was on the noon flight but decided to go earlier.

Comment

Pulau Sudong fascinates me...a little island with a runway that barely fits properly... what a great "toy" to have if you could ever own an island like that!

I should add I'm all in for avoiding LCCs!!
                      blog

Comment

Does it belong to SG?

Comment

Does it belong to SG?
                          Yes. Its a military installation.

Comment

Originally posted by SliverKris View Post
                            Tri MG is probably an Indonesian cargo operator. The aircraft is wearing the livery of Neptune Air (of Malaysia).
                            Yes Tri-MG is an Indonesian cargo airline. It operates a daily flight, GM301, from Balikpapan. This aircraft is probably PK-YGP.

Comment

Hey folks, just checked in online for CX712. Is 42ABC alright? Any drawbacks?

Comment

Working...
                              X