Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SQFG Samples Emirates..... and likes what she sees (MLE-CMB in F)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
    True? Or urban legend...?
    I wish I knew. Told to me over a few drinks, which diminishes credibility somewhat.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      I wish I knew. Told to me over a few drinks, which diminishes credibility somewhat.
      If it is true, tell your colleague's friend that they must be glad it happened for 1/2 hour only... imagine it happened for seven hours

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19332724/
      Such a gentle way about you / All around the world / Wouldn't go away without you / Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly

Comment

only thing is EK's EY seats on their 777s are 10 across seating which the width of the seats can be felt smaller than the standard 777s 9 across seating

Comment

Originally posted by soarbeyond View Post
          Was supposed to go to MLE last month but due to somes supertitious reasons,the trip got canceled
          And which superstition would that be?
          Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Thanks. Wow must be pretty strong feelings to cancel a nice trip like that though
            Originally posted by B727 View Post
            And which superstition would that be?
            7th month festival a.k.a Ghost month

My dad went there once during the 7th month and he said the area outside the hotel was filled with offerings. One of his colleague got possessed by a male spirit in the room. He was scared to wits and the male spirit asked all her colleagues to gather in the room to witness it.
            By the next morning, ''it'' left her and she could not remember a thing

Comment

Nice TR ..EKfg

Will try them when they fly SIN-LHR...non stop

Comment

Originally posted by SQFG
                That's unacceptable from their part. I don't know how you took it, but i think i'm too timid to have reacted - besides, if I had a penny for every airline that might have once treated me badly, I'd be rich.
                I'm not one to pass over such insults lightly. I took the issue all the way up. And even complaining was tough. The emails that EK's HQ's staff sent was laughable. They used terms like "DXB is busy, handling 16M passengers yearly blah blah blah. I corrected them as DXB that year was only doing 14M from their annual reports. It was passed from 1 to the other before it eventually reached the SG country manager who intervened personally.

Kudos to the SG based EK staff who was assisting us all the way though. Anyhow, the lady was eventually "removed", according the EK Singapore staff. Apparently, her boss also saw what she did, and reported that what we mention is the truth.

Personally, I can take bad service, and I don't ask for much (especially since I fly cattle most of the time), but I would expect some decency and basic respect. Insults, especially insults towards my family would result in definite action.
                Life's A Bitch,
                Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Good work as usual, SQFG. Thank you for sharing.

Comment

7th month festival a.k.a Ghost month

My dad went there once during the 7th month and he said the area outside the hotel was filled with offerings. One of his colleague got possessed by a male spirit in the room. He was scared to wits and the male spirit asked all her colleagues to gather in the room to witness it.
                    By the next morning, ''it'' left her and she could not remember a thing
                    7th month offerings at MLE? I thought the Maldives was a Muslim country?
                    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                      That was what my dad said :S
                      I learnt something new today!
                      I never knew Maldives was a muslim country :O

Comment

Originally posted by Aulia Harun View Post
                        If it is true, tell your colleague's friend that they must be glad it happened for 1/2 hour only... imagine it happened for seven hours

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19332724/
                        According to my colleague - it was more like 3 1/2 hours before his ordeal ended :o

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                        only thing is EK's EY seats on their 777s are 10 across seating which the width of the seats can be felt smaller than the standard 777s 9 across seating
                        I've flown TG's 772 before they were refurbished - never thought they were particularly narrow or uncomfortable.

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                        Nice TR ..EKfg

Will try them when they fly SIN-LHR...non stop
                        I doubt very much that'll ever happen

Originally posted by inix View Post
                        but I would expect some decency and basic respect.
                        As would I. Good that you made a stand on it then

Originally posted by N_Architect View Post
                        Good work as usual, SQFG. Thank you for sharing.
                        Thanks

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                        That was what my dad said :S
                        I learnt something new today!
                        I never knew Maldives was a muslim country :O
                        It is very much a muslim country. You can't bring alcohol in.

Plus, as it was the fasting month of Ramadan when i visited, I was asked by the hotel not to smoke on the street during daylight (all rooms are no-smoking at the holiday inn Male) - they asked me to go upstairs to the rooftop bar where the general public had no access to.

Frankly, that was a much better place to chill anyway.

Comment

Excellent TR. If I wasn't into mileage accumulation for achieveing *A Gold status, I'd try Emirates. Unfortunately, I only go overseas twice a year, and need the *A miles for that, so EK would have to wait for another time.

Comment

Amazing amount of food for an hour's flight. Reminds me of what CX served on a 2 hour flight from BKK-SIN on their 747s once upon a time ago. SQ really needs b*tch slapping to keep up!

Comment

According to my colleague - it was more like 3 1/2 hours before his ordeal ended :o
                              That is indeed horrendous! I simply cannot imagine myself in that situation... was he flying EK as well? Or a different airline?

The views are just beautiful!! The azure seas and the skies!!
                              Such a gentle way about you / All around the world / Wouldn't go away without you / Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly

Comment

Originally posted by sumitsan View Post
                                Excellent TR. If I wasn't into mileage accumulation for achieveing *A Gold status, I'd try Emirates. Unfortunately, I only go overseas twice a year, and need the *A miles for that, so EK would have to wait for another time.
                                Damned FFP's !

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
                                Amazing amount of food for an hour's flight. Reminds me of what CX served on a 2 hour flight from BKK-SIN on their 747s once upon a time ago. SQ really needs b*tch slapping to keep up!
                                That was the one thing that had me pretty impressed

Originally posted by Aulia Harun View Post
                                The views are just beautiful!! The azure seas and the skies!!
                                Here's a couple more for your enjoyment :

Comment

Working...
                                X