Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having "Layers Cake" of SQ's Spacebed and GA's A332 J with a Cherry of SQT BBQ party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAs walked around with a basket of snacks and cup noodles, and actively offered each passenger for the "little bites".....

They even politely persuaded me when I refused the offer at the first time by telling me that the lunch service would not be commenced in another 3 hours, so the snack or cup noodles would be a nice "bites" before the lunch....

I took the "bait", and chose a snack from her basket...

Some snack that I had before lunch...

"Twister" and hot choco....

The GA blanket with its nice logo on it....

The nice pillow.... good in size and fluffiness...

Last edited by Dent@SUB; 1 September 2010, 10:10 PM.

Comment

• The central LCD monitor where the flight path should be displayed.
      But unluckily it was some error with the map, so could not be displayed at that time...

Me in the "deep lounging" position....

They had a little "bar" in the mid section between front and back J cabins....

(SQFG must be happy with the Diet Coke they have... )

Some views from my window....

Next: lunch time...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
        Actually, that's not ALL the IFE pictures I took....
        In fact I took ENTIRE movies (52), short features (41), games (25) and the music option....

More IFE pictures, anyone???

Comment

• Interesting to know about the new meal service for the SYD / MEL route.

In the old days, meal service would start 1 hour after departure and then an ice cream would be served about 1 hour before arrival. There was no amuse-bouche nor the snack service. Just a simple tray service that consisted of an entree and a main course. Looks like Garuda has really upped the game here.

Just an observation, why didn't you watch Mr. Bean in full screen? You do know that you can watch it in full screen, don't you?

Comment

• Originally posted by UMD View Post
            Interesting to know about the new meal service for the SYD / MEL route.

In the old days, meal service would start 1 hour after departure and then an ice cream would be served about 1 hour before arrival. There was no amuse-bouche nor the snack service. Just a simple tray service that consisted of an entree and a main course. Looks like Garuda has really upped the game here.

Just an observation, why didn't you watch Mr. Bean in full screen? You do know that you can watch it in full screen, don't you?

Full screen? What full screen?

Like this?...... That's Mr. Bean at the monitor....

Off course I watched the movies in the full screen mode, but not the 16:9 mode....

Can we really do the 16:9 mode (wide screen mode)???

And I'm agree that GA really catch up for what they were lack off before with a serious effort to make a lot of nice improvements.....
            Last edited by Dent@SUB; 1 September 2010, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Hahaha..... I've told you guys....

Actually, that's not ALL the IFE pictures I took....
              In fact I took ENTIRE movies (52), short features (41), games (25) and the music option....

More IFE pictures, anyone???
              Oh cool. The final 20 minutes of Iron Man 2 please. Frame-by-frame.

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                Oh cool. The final 20 minutes of Iron Man 2 please. Frame-by-frame.

Hahaha.... I meant I took pictures of ENTIRE movies TITTLE.... not recorded the movies...

If you really want that portion of that movie badly..... Where should I send the DVD???

Comment

• Lunch time.....

Here's the menu for lunch....

The GA's menu book look simple, can't be compared to SQ's extensive menu book.

But I think it's adequate for this flight. It's basic one, not the luxury one like SQ's.

Comment

• First course came on a trolley....

The table set up for the first course....

One more thing...
                    FA poured the water from a proper glass water jug (see the water jug on the second rack of the trolley???), nice restaurant style, not from the plastic bottle ala SQ.
                    Nice little touch from GA....

And then came the main course.
                    I chose the Chicken Fry with Ginger...
                    Its presentation kinda disappointed.....
                    But it was taste delicious.
                    Its presentation remind me with CX.... they also use casserole for the main course...

Btw, I love the detail on their salt and pepper container....

Comment

• The white wine....

Cheese and crackers.....
                      This was the downside one.... Only one slice of cheese, no other option...

The dessert with fruits (we chose the fruit from the basket ala SQ's)...

The FA also brought us a hot towel (in a plate).....

My peppermint tea....

And then came Ferrero Rocher to accompany my tea...

Overall, it was a nice lunch experience.... couldn't complain much except the lack of choice of the cheese.

Comment

• Snack time....

Just like UMD said, one hour before touch down Ice Cream was served.

But not just Ice Cream, the FA also offered us variety of snacks and cup noodles.

This time I chose the cup noodles...

Boy... it was so delicious...
                        In fact it was just a regular "Pop Mie" noodles from Indofood the producer of the infamous Indomie, but why it's tasted so different in 32,000 feet??
                        Just like SQ's and CX's "Nissin" cup noodles, also taste so good at 32,000 feet.....

The Ice Cream....
                        It's came from Maggie Beer....
                        Taste was quite good, but I still prefer Haagen Dazs, Vanilla one...

The ice cream and the cup noodles... quite a combination.....

Another round of "Martebe"....

Comment

• Hmmm.....
                          What's next???
                          Yeah..... Toilet...

Now it's time for the toilet review....

GA's J class toilets were equipped with Gianfranco Ferre amenities.

A little disappointment was there's already some damage on the toilet's amenities. Considering this is a relatively new aircraft.

Let the pictures tell the story...

The damaged part....

From another toilet...

The damaged parts...

Comment

• Some views from my window when we were approaching CGK ....

Some shoots after we touched down and taxied to the gate...

CGK T3 (for low cost carriers)....

Our aircraft was parked at the remote gate.
                            It was nice for me, so I could took some shoots of the aircraft...

We were bussed (for J pax it was mini vans) to the main terminal...

And gosh......

A huge and long line at the immigration counter....
                            We're landed in the similar time with flights from middle east....
                            A lot of worker that came home from there....

Such a pity that GA don't have priority line for their premium pax, considering CGK is their home base.
                            GA must do something about this clogging at the immigration counter...

It took me more than 45 minutes to clear the immigration.

My luggage already waited me at the carousel....

There's no ala Concierge type luggage counter like at the domestic one for premium pax.
                            That's another thing that GA can be improved.

After cleared the custom check, I went upstairs to checked in for my next GA flight to SUB....

Next on the last chapter: CGK-SUB....

Comment

Snack time....

Just like UMD said, one hour before touch down Ice Cream was served.

But not just Ice Cream, the FA also offered us variety of snacks and cup noodles.

This time I chose the cup noodles...

Boy... it was so delicious...
                              In fact it was just a regular "Pop Mie" noodles from Indofood the producer of the infamous Indomie, but why it's tasted so different in 32,000 feet??
                              Just like SQ's and CX's "Nissin" cup noodles, also taste so good at 32,000 feet.....

The ice cream and the cup noodles... quite a combination.....
                              Wow....I can't believe they offered snack and instant noodles again just 1 hour before arrival.

I also have the same love with instant noodles although not at 32,000 ft. I usually just eat my Mie Goreng or the regular Indomie at home.

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post

And then came the main course.
                              I chose the Chicken Fry with Ginger...
                              Its presentation kinda disappointed.....
                              But it was taste delicious.
                              Its presentation remind me with CX.... they also use casserole for the main course...
                              I have seen a TR somewhere that for the CGK-DXB-AMS route, GA is actually serving Rijstaffel on a proper plate for long haul.

Lunch time.....

Here's the menu for lunch....

The GA's menu book look simple, can't be compared to SQ's extensive menu book.

But I think it's adequate for this flight. It's basic one, not the luxury one like SQ's.
                              This is the disappointing part.... GA seriously needs to redo its menu properly with proper English. The menu does not do justice to the extensive meal experience that GA offers for your flight.

I notice that GA also serves up Greek salad in addition to the entree and the main course. This is more than what SQ is serving for lunch or dinner.

Hmmm.....

The damaged parts...
                              This peeling is caused by the perfume (or any alcoholic based liquid) that has been previously placed nakedly on the counter. I have seen the same damage on SQ, CX, IT, and 9W's A330 toilets.

This is why GA is now placing the amenity kits on a tray.

Comment

A huge and long line at the immigration counter....
                                We're landed in the similar time with flights from middle east....
                                A lot of worker that came home from there....

Such a pity that GA don't have priority line for their premium pax, considering CGK is their home base.
                                GA must do something about this clogging at the immigration counter...

It took me more than 45 minutes to clear the immigration.

My luggage already waited me at the carousel....

There's no ala Concierge type luggage counter like at the domestic one for premium pax.
                                That's another thing that GA can be improved.

After cleared the custom check, I went upstairs to checked in for my next GA flight to SUB....

Next on the last chapter: CGK-SUB....
                                That's surprising because GA gave me a Fast Track coupon to clear CGK immigration queue when I flew C with them from Singapore last month. Maybe the ground agent in Sydney forgot about it. If it is not yet implemented for the SYD route, then maybe it is now the right timing for Garuda to start.

The improvement on the service on-board so far has been very impressive. So, it only makes sense if the same improvement is extended to the ground as well.
                                Last edited by UMD; 1 September 2010, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X