I'll get to witness CGK flying in Y!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
    ...CGK is a total sweetheart. (This isn’t a new discovery, more like a confirmation of a belief . ) ...
    Yes, kettle, he is. I loved reading about the trip, and the pictures were the frosting on the cake!

Comment

Man.....CGK really really has strong stamina. Eastbound LHR-SIN in cattle class and still looking strong. SIN-LHR is okay for me in any class but I still get heaps of consecutive jetlag days doing LHR-SIN in F.

BTW how was CGK's DOM served in a plastic cup? Certain he got one as SQ's show of love towards him.
      My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Originally posted by Rejuvenated View Post
        BTW how was CGK's DOM served in a plastic cup? Certain he got one as SQ's show of love towards him.
        Real Y experience. No champagne served.

Comment

An Update

The Y trip ended up only one-way, i.e. LHR-SIN as told above.
          The return portion of my ticket was changeable (in E class), and with the run for my-so-called-life, I decided to switch my ticket.
          SQ322 was packed. My supposedly seat 32H was occupied by a gentleman, with the neighbors of a couple with a baby.
          And, thanks to the generosity from jjpb3, I was able to experience about 90 minutes in truly packed Y with a neighbor that a bit too large for the seat, as well as being scolded by the SQ Kebaya Blue to put my seat back straight up because it's meal time.
          Those 90 minutes were so precious because I have seen how hectic the cabin environment that time.
          Also, note for future reference, if I do this again, I should change to my PJ first, before moving to Y seat. To avoid the "surprise" look by the crew in the galley of C class section.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
            Also, note for future reference, if I do this again, I should change to my PJ first, before moving to Y seat. To avoid the "surprise" look by the crew in the galley of C class section.
            If? He he he

Go on, surprise the hell out of the FAs with your SQ F PJ in Y. Always worth a few laughs.

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
              If? He he he
              If? Yes, when I am in F and someone in Y, and I am in a good mood willing to offer my dinner/supper for the Y pax! Thus, I have to move back seating in Y! Thus, PJs would help reducing the horror of shock by the FAs.

Comment

And, thanks to the generosity from jjpb3, I was able to experience about 90 minutes in truly packed Y with a neighbor that a bit too large for the seat, as well as being scolded by the SQ Kebaya Blue to put my seat back straight up because it's meal time.
                Hey, I did offer to remain in my seat, remember? And I did eat as quickly as I could.*

The Blue Kebaya Girl didn't really scold you, did she? One of the Blue Kebayas serving my aisle offered such warm service, even on that packed flight, that I've sent an email and letter praising her.

*For the record, CGK told me ahead of time that he wasn't hungry and that he would swap meals with me. I thought he meant he would send some of his First Class food back to cattle class to me. Little did I know that he would actually swap seats with me during the meal service. He went through with his intention, even after he saw how full the Y cabin was. Classy guy, our CGK.
                Last edited by jjpb3; 11 April 2007, 09:42 AM.
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Classy guy, our CGK.[/I]
                  Ya totally!

I was also the recipient of this generous meal-swapping of CGK. Top bloke!
                  All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Hey, I did offer to remain in my seat, remember? And I did eat as quickly as I could.*
                    How could Y crew serving only just you for the whole enchilada of F meals? Hmm caviar as starter, then the salad... oops all the neighbors had gone ransacking the galley by then. Well, I still was surprised that you did not take your time. But then, may be other pax had their supper quickly as well perhaps?

The Blue Kebaya Girl didn't really scold you, did she? One of the Blue Kebayas serving my aisle offered such warm service, even on that packed flight, that I've sent an email and letter praising her.
                    As I said, it was very hectic in the beginning. Too many requests plus pax lined up for the loo. And of course I was an inexperienced traveler. Thus, did not know about the seat back must be upright. And the bloke behind got upset, and made the FA upset as well.

[I]*For the record, CGK told me ahead of time that he wasn't hungry and that he would swap meals with me. I thought he meant he would send some of his First Class food back to cattle class to me. Little did I know that he would actually swap seats with me during the meal service. He went through with his intention, even after he saw how full the Y cabin was.
                    I told you I wasn't hungry. When we boarded the plane, and I was sitting in 3F, I noticed F was not full. I knew I could ask you to seat in 3D while dining. But looking at the other pax behaviour, I did feel uncomfortable inviting you there. Remember about how strange was 2F pax. Then 2A young guy was sitting on top of the cabinet by the closet door, with his feet on top of his table/tv screen, facing the rest of us, while chatting with pax in 1B. Then he snapped his fingers to the LSS to ask for something. Oh, and it was a late night flight, and he talked pretty loud with his baseball hat on. That's another indication of might not be a good idea to let you seat with me while you dine. Just my hunch. Or else, I am too shy and did not want to deal with any risk. (Hmm is there any course that teaches me "how to be a pita?" )

I then told my plan to the LSS. Of course she and the LS tried to convinced me that I should stay in my seat, and you could dine in 3D. But I told them about my observations above, and I would not feel right to create more tension in the cabin. And the most importantly, I told them, I would want my dear friend to have the whole F class experience without me being there. And , it is very important that I have a taste of full Y cabin. (even though it's only 90 minutes)

I did not have meals in Y. I was full and I was enjoying playing tug and war with the neighbor elbow (or is that her whole body? ) Love observing the hectic environment plus the behaviour of the pax. Unfortunately I did not seat near the cute bloke in 35A.

Anyhow, it was a great flight. And I do hope you enjoyed your supper which I forgot to ask for my photos collection. The crew was so surprised that I skipped my nasi lemak for breakfast and went for doo doo noodles.

Let's do another flight together soon!

Comment

Originally posted by CGK
                      Then he snapped his fingers to the LSS to ask for something.
                      Speechless...
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Remember about how strange was 2F pax.
                        Ha, the same guy that kept looking back to where we were when I joined you for the landing? I don't blame you for being cautious. He was dripping with attitude.
                        And I do hope you enjoyed your supper ...
                        I did enjoy the meal (thanks again ), and I enjoyed our pre-landing chat and post-landing walk towards the FCC even more. The quality of the company outshone the quality of the meal experience.

Comment

I did enjoy the meal (thanks again ), and I enjoyed our pre-landing chat and post-landing walk towards the FCC even more. The quality of the company outshone the quality of the meal experience.
                          How about another trip on SQ321 26April? You can visit your niece in Singapore again. But most importantly is more company needed for my special flight that day.

Comment

How about another trip on SQ321 26April? You can visit your niece in Singapore again. But most importantly is more company needed for my special flight that day.
                            Too soon for me, unfortunately. I won't be headed towards Asia until end of May.

I would've been honored to be on the special flight.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. May be afternoon tea in London that day possible?

Comment

If work doesn't take me away from London, you know I'd be there for ya.

Comment

Working...
                                X