Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Foodie's View at 35,000 Feet (NH C, SQ C, SQ Y, SQ F, UA F, NH F)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess no other airline can beat NH in the food department.
    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
      Guess no other airline can beat NH in the food department.
      I'm with you.... Especially their Japanese Meal, soooo well presented...
      SQ's Kyo Kaiseki looks just so-so compare with them....

Comment

I cannot compare NH F firsthand, however I think SQ F's Kyo Kaiseki is still very, very good and my last flight's Kyo Kaiseki was phenomenal (SIN-MEL). I really couldn't fault the unbelievable portion and the taste was also very spot on (and fresh uni to boot). The presentation tableware/cutlery may be boring (after awhile), but each individual portion is enjoyable on its own and one of the best parts of booking SQ F out of SIN, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          ......... however I think SQ F's Kyo Kaiseki is still very, very good and my last flight's Kyo Kaiseki was phenomenal (SIN-MEL). I really couldn't fault the unbelievable portion and the taste was also very spot on (and fresh uni to boot). The presentation tableware/cutlery may be boring (after awhile), but each individual portion is enjoyable on its own and one of the best parts of booking SQ F out of SIN, in my opinion.
          I'm totally agreed with you, Kyo. SQ's Kyo Kaiseki still the best choice for F from Book the Cook (for me). The taste still very very good And the portion still so unbelievable (which I like it)...
          But after having it for several times, the presentation just become so-so... it's still good, but no wow factor anymore...
          Maybe it's just a matter of taste.... or...
          Maybe it's just me and my feeling...
          (but still, I will always order Kyo Kaiseki whenever it's available to order despite of it's presentation... just like my last SIN-HKG-SIN flights.... )

btw, I'm just wondering, is your name, Kyo, from the "Kyo Kaiseki"??
          Last edited by Dent@SUB; 4 May 2010, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Excellent pics, globetrekker84!

Comment

Thanks for some mouth watering pics!

Must re visit NH soon!

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                Thanks for some mouth watering pics!

Must re visit NH soon!
                I join the queue on my trip to Japan or West Coast of US.

Comment

Was the cheeseburger a snack? I never realised any airline served burgers. I want!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LHR View Post
                    Was the cheeseburger a snack? I never realised any airline served burgers. I want!!!
                    Yes, available in C as well, albeit a wee bit smaller, but you can always have 2 or more....

Although its only available ex-NRT.

Comment

Originally posted by LHR View Post
                      I can say it was quite a treat to eat a cheeseburger with Krug on the side.

Comment

thanks you made me drool now i need to wipe up before i go for lunch

Comment

Working...
                        X