Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

16 hours journey from SUB to HKG anyone???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some shoots of the sitting area...

And some toilet shoots....

Comment

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
      First Stop: The TPR (again).....
      These pictures are dedicated to Grand Master KYO+...
      Thank you kindly! I'm very flattered and honoured... You're an inspiration to us all, and one fine day, we should have a TPR raid together (it will take quite some planning but the fruit of our efforts will be worth it, I'm sure!)

This time I ordered Chirashizushi and the infamous Satay plus Ben&Jerry Vanilla ice cream... And off course cheeses as a closure

On another note, I'm surprised to see the Chirashizushi presented in an alternative fashion.

Please allow me to demonstrate a Chirashizushi at the end of March 2010 in TPR:
      '

As you can see, the term 'organised chaos' comes to mind. Wonder which is more appetising?! Hmm, perhaps the chef has different moods when preparing it? Anyway I liked it very much!

Furthermore, the menu seems more or less standardised by now... It is essentially the same - but apart from the different daily soups and Chef Station, of special note on one menu it says 'Wanton Noodle' and the other says 'Wanton Mee'. There is also the time taken to prepare the tea which is missing here (hope you don't mind me presenting also a clearer picture for the upper section of the menu):

I think more research is needed for further verification, let's send someone to check... any volunteers?!

Comment

I think the menu does change a bit. I was there sometime in March and they had Pho instead of Wanton Mee...
        God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

SQ962 SIN-CGK...

After a while in the T2 SKL F, now it was time to go home.

Some shoots of the gate's waiting room....

Dame SYA will take me to CGK...

As no status pax with SQ, I love being F pax, always first to be on board...

Some shoots of the F cabin...

Seat's features...

Comment

A peek to the cockpit....

The TR mandatory shoot, ala SQFGtm shoot...

Mr DP as welcome drink...

The menu, on one sheet of paper. One side for SIN-CGK, the other side for CGK-SIN....

My after take off drink, Riesling...

Dinner time....

Table setup..

My pre-ordered "Pan-fried veal loin and braised veal cheek with parsnip purée, garden vegetables and sautéed mushrooms" from Book The Cook's menu....

This time I got the real dessert from the menu...

Another fruits in the plastic box....

We arrived at CGK 10 minutes late.
            The luggage came out to belt in the solemnly order: Solitare, PPS & F, J and Y.
            So many Solitare in this flight, my luggage was way back on the line.

Got my luggage, I walked in rush to the departure level on the second floor to check in my GA flight to SUB.
            I've got only 50 minutes before the CGK-SUB departure schedule.

Next installment: massive report and tons of pictures of GA flagship exclusive lounge at CGK.....

Comment

After a rush check in at GA J counter, I paced my self to the lounge. It was only 35 minutes left before the departure time. And this was the last GA flight to SUB on that day. They've canceled the 9pm flight, the flight that I was supposed to be.

For the lounge pictures, I will put some shoots that I took couple weeks before at the noon time along with this night visit....

Some other lounges on the way to the "new" GA lounge....

Garuda used to use this lounge for their premium pax and top tier GFF along with the Citibank and others card holders....

The "new" GA Executive Lounge.

Only GA J pax have an exclusive access this lounge. No other card holder can access this lounge. Even for Garuda Indonesia Citibank Platinum card holders have no access for this lounge.

The entrance...

The foyer....

Comment

Business center aka internet station....

If you bring your own laptop, there's some power sockets with a beautiful tarmac views....
                They have free wi-fi through out the lounge.

Comment

Some shoots of the sitting area....

Some toilet shoots...

Comment

Some buffet area shoots....

"Hot" station....

My snacks on that day...

Comment

Some shoots from my night visit to the lounge....

Love their flight detail with the aircraft reg number.... so informative...

Comment

I was staying only 5 minutes in the lounge.
                        It was time to board the plane.

Some shoot of the cabin...

SQTalk's TR mandatory shoot, the ala SQFGtm shoot, with a twist...

Look what I found on my IFE screen....
                        Nice touch. It would be even nicer if they had my name on that screen, not just my seat number...

Comment

The air map....

Love the blanket's colour. And it's nice and thick...

The noise canceling head set... with its own battery power supply...

Comment

My dinner...

Love the detail on the paper napkin...

We arrived at SUB on time.
                            And the luggage for J class solemnly came first with a sign board to separate them from the Y class luggage.

Overall it was a nice product from GA.

Will try their new J product on A332 from SYD to CGK on the next August.

Comment

post deleted
                              Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Throughly enjoyed your trip report
                                The new GA J looks pretty good

Comment

Working...
                                X