PEK - SIN - BNE 15 April 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PEK - SIN - BNE 15 April 2009

Arrive at Changi Airport around 10pm from PEK and had an overnight J flight to BNE. The flight from PEK to SIN was packed.

On arrival I notice the serious impact of the Iceland Volcano on Changi Airport. I have never before seen so many PAX lined up at Transfer desk A in terminal 3. The Silver Kris Lounge was full and it was hard to find any seats. I would imagine that Changi and Singapore Hotels would having difficulty coping with the number of passengers enroute through SIN to Europe. Lots of airlines use Changi as hub/link for European destinations.

I have to say that the staff at the airport handled the matters very well and would imagine things have got worse throughout today.

On a positive note my business associate managed to sleep along the "four" seets in Y class on the A330 to BNE. I managed to just spread out in 11C in J class as I find I am too tall for normal J seets. He was probably more comfortable in economy and I was in business. The SIA advised that the the planes to BNE were normally packed so I guess my business associate got lucky.

I heard that QANTAS is cancelling flights to SIN and will make special arrangements for Asian customers.

Glad to back in BNE and happy made trip last night.

Gunners

Just did the same SIN-BNE last night in J. Amazing to see all the people camping out near gate A21 - all have been giving sleeping bags/blankets... a sight. SKL lounge wasn't busy last night.

Comment

Must be so difficult to be stranded in this sort of situation.... no answers as to when it will get better.

Comment

Working...
      X