Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

August 2010: First class to Asia and Japan with U2, TG, OZ, UA, LX, LH, JL and AK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
    Sweet report, got a CDG-BKK-SIN coming up soon and was wondering if it was worth it to shell out an extra 600 EUR to go in F on TG. Would be worth it if they kept the leased 9W 77W on the CDG-BKK sector (worried I might get TG'ed to a 744)... Photos of the cabin is enticing though...
    Definitely worth an extra 600EUR! There haven't been many swaps at all. Someone posted up the stats on FT and it is looking like there is a very good chance you won't get TG'ed. Then again this is TG
    Summer holiday plans: Asia 09

Comment

Thoroughly engrossing read. Thanks!

PH Vendome Paris is very much on my radar screen when I get the chance to revisit my favorite European city.

Comment

Hi Pogonation
        I'm looking for the other legs

Comment

Thank you, Pogonation for a very enjoyable read. I flew CDG-BKK at the beginning of August on TG 933. You're right that the cabin crew makes or breaks the flight. I was unimpressed. While my crew did everything they were supposed to do, it felt much more as though they were reading the F service standards manual and trying to adhere to it instead of simply giving warm and attentive service.

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
          Sweet report, got a CDG-BKK-SIN coming up soon and was wondering if it was worth it to shell out an extra 600 EUR to go in F on TG. Would be worth it if they kept the leased 9W 77W on the CDG-BKK sector (worried I might get TG'ed to a 744)
          If you have the right crew (I did not, in either direction in August), it's worth every penny. So is the ground service in BKK for F departures, -- get to the airport four or five hours before your flight end enjoy it. IMO, ground service at BKK for TG F departures and the FCT in FRA are the best. I think that it's most unlikely that the 77W will be switched out, I'd book it. If you're not a regular F pax, you might try another carrier, too. I'd recommend (in order of preference) trying CX, SQ or LH on the way out (yes, if you're actually originating in Paris, connections will be required), then the TG 77W on the return from BKK.

Comment

Working...
          X