No announcement yet.

GBE-JNB-SIN, er no JNB-HKG-SIN, er no JNB-DXB-SIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your epic journey left me breathless. I'm amazed (and grateful) that you even had time to snap the pictures, and now took the time to write the TR.

Bravo, jammed!
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Nice op-up after all the hassles you had. Well done.

Comment

Pheeeewww.....
        Need some rest after reading your saga...
        Felt very exhausted just by reading it...
        truly a masterpiece adventure...
        Dunno what would happened if you used a redemption ticket for that...
        Glad you got home at last...
        What a journey you have...

Comment

hey guys, thanks for reading, and your empathy

Originally posted by Toffees View Post
          wow....if I were you, I will be cursing n swearing all the way through....
          very nearly, but was probably too busy to honestly, was really praying...

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
          ... I'd have been a bundle of nerves.

Must be a relief to be home now.

...you even had time to snap the pictures
          oh yes, on both counts, as for the pics, well the cam was just in the pocket, and there were moments i was just there doing nothing except wishing i was already home

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
          Nice op-up after all the hassles you had. Well done.
          i must say i wasnt expecting the upgrade from EK - was telling wife that this will probably never happened to SQ, that SQ wld rather 1st seats be empty than have the product-value diluted.

And having experienced 1st (for the 1st time in my life, pardon the pun), i think the difference with C is not exponential, when compared with difference between Y and C. Perhaps this is the subject of a separate thread completely, but honestly, the step-up between Y and C is enormous, in terms of seat, space, food, dining-setting, service; but the difference between C and F is only marginal - slightly wider seat (well at least in EK), ok you get lots more space in F, i cant see the diff between C food and F food having tasted the 2 back to back, and if your svc is good, there really can be no more difference. i dont know, and stand corrected from those who have been there before

and i was really hoping to hop onto SQ for the return cos i had planned to ask for the SQ bears for my kids - luggage was lighter on return - but as it turned out now, still no bears for the kids

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
          Dunno what would happened if you used a redemption ticket for that...
          oh whoa, i really wont want to find out. as it were, my travel guys are working on how to take SA Express to task, claim insurance and/or claw back unconsumed SQ sector.

SQFG going to pm you

Comment

Felt like I was watching a Hollywood movie

Thanks for the TR, very interesting experience all around and even better that you survived to tell it!

Comment

thanks kyo if you hear any Hollywood producers interested in this, gimme a call, i'll split the royalties with you

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                WOW!
                So exciting to read. Like an episode of 'Amazing Race'.
                But I wouldn't want to experience even if you paid me to..

Comment

Originally posted by meremale View Post
                  So exciting to read. Like an episode of 'Amazing Race'.
                  But I wouldn't want to experience even if you paid me to..
                  oh yes, me neither. in fact, we actually PAID $$$ - as of today, still havent clawed back compensation from SAA, unconsumed sector from SQ and insurance.

Comment

Working...
                  X