United Trans-Pac Economy - Melbourne-Sydney-Los Angeles and UA Y LAX-LAS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• United Trans-Pac Economy - Melbourne-Sydney-Los Angeles and UA Y LAX-LAS

TOTALLY BORING I KNOW!! Imagine it, United in economy from Melbourne to Sydney to Los Angeles.... then onwards to Las Vegas. Well I have to say, yes it's not exactly luxurious but it was not as bad as I had anticipated in the lead up to departure. Plus, the fare (Which was a MEL/JFK/MEL fare) was only AUD1100. Can't complain really, since it included a good 25,000 FF miles for the price! This trip was on Halloween, 31 Oct 2009.

Anyway here is the report in 2 parts recently added to my 3 months out of date blog pages....

Melbourne to Los Angeles via Sydney

Los Angeles to Las Vegas

Enjoy!
    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Nice pics there . Must have been really boring on such a long flight and no PTV huh? And this may sound a bit silly, but are the meals free or you have to purchase them?

Comment

Originally posted by BigTop View Post
      Nice pics there . Must have been really boring on such a long flight and no PTV huh? And this may sound a bit silly, but are the meals free or you have to purchase them?
      meals free for trans-pac, also alcohol and all drinks free on trans-pac. for domestic pay for food but softdrinks were free

Comment

Enjoyed the report Been a while since I've been to the US so pretty good to bring back some memories there!

Comment

I took a SIN-IAD-SIN flight 2 weeks ago on United (can't find the time to do a trip report ) and I was pleasantly surprised that it was pretty bearable.

Comment

Originally posted by calvinoeh View Post
            I took a SIN-IAD-SIN flight 2 weeks ago on United (can't find the time to do a trip report ) and I was pleasantly surprised that it was pretty bearable.
            You were on the 777, which had the PTV, all the way, so it should be more bearable than the 747 without PTV.

Comment

I was on the 747. Let's just say u got loads of sleep

Comment

I managed to snag about 8 hours sleep on the way back, I don't know how I managed it, neck pillow and extreme tiredness helped I guess.

The LCD screens they have installed are a big step up from the older system, and the movies and shows they played were quite a good selection, so it's not totally boring!

I'll finish reporting my USA trip over the next few days hopefully and will post it again when Im done, the rest of the trip was LAS-LAX-JFK-LAX-SYD-MEL. Stayed at hilton vegas and doubletree times square, will give my verdict on those later.

Comment

A delightfull report indeed, sans the thought of having no ptv.
                  I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

Hi guys -

i have added some more reports to this trip if you are interested...

Las Vegas Hilton and Las Vegas

United 328 - domestic First Class (opup) LAS-LAX Airbus A320

United 82 - United p.s. economy LAX-JFK B757-200

New York - Doubletree Guest Suites

The Journey Home - United Economy, JFK-LAX-SYD-MEL

Comment

Working...
                    X