Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jakarta - Incheon on Garuda Indonesia GA 878 (New Airbus A-330-200)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jakarta - Incheon on Garuda Indonesia GA 878 (New Airbus A-330-200)

This trip report made one night just after Skytrax officially admitted Garuda as a four star Airlines in http://www.airlinequality.com/Airlines/GA.htm. It's really proud to hear that finally they improve the Airlines rating.

Here's my trip detail:

Date of Travel: 29 December 2010
    Route: CGK-ICN
    Flying time: 6:30
    STD (Scheduled Time Departure): 2325 LT (WIB)
    Actual: 2345 LT (Push back ontime)
    STA (Scheduled Time Arrival): 0830 LT (WIB +2 hours)
    Actual: 0825 LT ( WIB +2 hours)
    Aircraft type: Airbus A330-200
    Class: Business Class
    Seat: 6D but move to 5H (Window Seat)

Happy New Year 2010 Everyone

This trip is made in order to fulfill my curiousity about Seoul city which is one of the sparkling metropolitan city in Asia. However, most of all is I'm interested to use my ticket to experience this new Airbus A330-200 in Middle Haul Route. So ya, I picked Seoul as my destination. Despite the brutal weather here during the winter, I'm still eager to do this winter adventure.

My Ticket and Boarding Pass

I Departed from CGK at 2345 Local time which is 10 minutes behind scheduled time departure. I no consider that it's late because weeks prior the call center had called me and informing there's a change in departure time. I checked in myself a bit late like 20 minutes prior boarding, due to some circumstances (such as free fiscal procedurement) and the upgrade traveling class type to Business Class (Thank God i was asking them to upgrade me, as my ticket allowed me to upgrade). Actually I ran outta time, getting closer to boarding time that's why I didn't have time to spot the New Business Class Lounge. but It's not a big deal there are too much pictures on trip reports already.
    Oh the Gate Arrangement is yet less coordinated. The check in counter said it's on E7, and yes the plane parked there, but somehow there's a board saying this. Soekarno-Hatta Airport and her troubles.

Boarding time ran smoothly. As i was seated at the row 6, means, I must proceed from the second door, but since there's a board designated to executive class passengers through the first bridge, I came on that way. I was greeted warmly by PU 1 on that flight, Mr. Wijaya, whom I used to fly with several times on domestic. We're familiar to each other. And, the second was the business class stewardess who's becoming the model of Garuda Experience TVC with Green Kebaya. She looks nice as seen on TV, and the other stewardess as well whom I flew with last year from Kansai to Jakarta. This is what I like from Garuda, they really treat us imagining we're their guest and they told us 'please' make yourself home.

Good evening Ladies and Gentleman, Welcome to flight GA 878 destination Incheon, Korea. Capt. Anung and the rest aircrew today welcome you aboard Airbus A-330-200 series.."

I was originated placed in 6D the middle row of the last ones, and since I encounter some free seats on the row 5, I moved in after the door close. The passenger announcement was good, they reminded us if we had boarded the right plane to Seoul Incheon. The PA was in 3 languages, Indonesian, English and Korean (by announcer) The drink was distributed, and I prefered to have orange juice rather than the Martebe. hehe I'm not that drink lover.

GA's New Noise Cancelling Headset

(Continued) Jakarta - Incheon on Garuda Indonesia GA 878 (New Airbus A-330-200)

Please forgive me about the poor quality on the pictures. I truly hated my digicam moreover at night, I tried not using the flash otherwise I'd be disturbing other passengers. The cabin lights were dimmed and the mood lighting was set once the safety procedure demonstration finished. We're moving on the taxi way heading straight to runway 25R and fly away! take off was very smooth, and the airborne until fasten seatbelt sign turned off was taking for a bit long. Probably we waited until leveling.
    There's no really dinner on that flight. I was actually starving, and they gave me a snack, sushi and their friends as the optional snack. Not that all passengers were given those, but since I asked them for it, and they're ready with a small plate of three different kind of sushi.

Another Snack Pop Mie! to accompany me.

Most of passengers were busy with their tv screen. Watch some choices of Movies (which I presumed weren't updated) and listening to songs. (I was kinda disappointed with the available choice of songs is so limited). But overall, the gadget quality wasn't disappointing. Still in good shape, good response, and not shabby. I watched my favorite movie all time "Hairspray" just to entertain myself during my lonely flight hehe.

The flight attendant inspected the cabin every 10 minutes, and sometimes offered passengers with snacks, taken from which were stacked on the Passenger's self service counter. As they offered me with a tray full of snacks, I ordered mini cup noodles hehe. Although the seat was a flatbed, I still couldn't sleep well on every flight. No matter how I'd tried to sleep, I must 've been awakened every 30 minutes until lastly I wasn't sleepy at all, and chatted with flight attendant on the galley. And this place is where I mostly spend on every flight.

Two hours before landing, when the sun had yet to rise. The mood lighting was turned on into some orange dawn color, and the purser made a passenger announcement for breakfast time! I must return to my seat and they started serving meals. There's no menu card by the way that one I also wondered why. There were two choices of appetitezer, Yogurt or Cereals. I picked cereals, bread and danish to start my breakfast, and subsequently I began with the main course were in 2 choices, The Korean Food, BimBim bap, and Omellete with Baked Potatos and Meat. Since I don't know and not really a Korean food lover, I chose Omelete for my breakfast.

The descent was began once our dishware were cleared from our table. I looked down from my window, the overcast clouds were so thick in our approach. I suspected some turbulence must have welcomed us realizing it's winter now. Many passengers began to clean up and tidy themselves up. Including me. Captain made announcement the weather is cloudy and temperature was minus (-4) degrees of celcius. (blaydeblah). Before that, Salam Garuda Indonesia was made to us.

Here's the pictures taken from my window during descend and approach

The flaps were deployed and we banked for a bit and made straight to runway 33 Right, on this frozen day. Look at those dry ices and snow left over on the ground from the previous snow showers 2 days ago.

We're getting closer and look at those Incheon landmark.
    5...4...3...2... touch down. Spoiler up and reverse... we're breaking through the runway. The landing wasn't that smooth, but not too rough. We're taxiing out to our Gate. And we're off the plane!

That's all guys, and as always I really enjoyed my last trip to Seoul. It's chilling in here at the moment. The temperature seems dropping every minute. Sayonara.. Happy Holiday All.

PS: Don't visit Korea in Winter. It's not friendly especially when you want to enjoy the great nature here. VERY COLD AND BRUTAL. hehe

Comment

Thanks for the trip report, interesting look at GA!

Comment

Merged the two threads for housekeeping

Thanks for the insight - GA is indeed on the way up again!

Comment

Thanks for the report... only been on GA domestically in Indonesia (scariest flights of my life but that's another story)

New product looks pretty good!

Comment

Looks pretty good! Thanks for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by cbt744 View Post
              This trip report made one night just after Skytrax officially admitted Garuda as a four star Airlines in http://www.airlinequality.com/Airlines/GA.htm. It's really proud to hear that finally they improve the Airlines rating.
              No meal in J for a 8 hours flight and it is a 4 stars airline ? Unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by ORDnHKG View Post
                No meal in J for a 8 hours flight and it is a 4 stars airline ? Unbelievable.
                hehe Sorry I just didnt insert the pictures. They only didn't distribute the menu, but we can choose among 3 options for the main course. Nasi Goreng, Omellete, or Bimbimbap My breakfast was omellete.

Comment

Working...
                X