No announcement yet.

Bangkok to Melbourne in STARCLASS ( Jetstar Intl JQ ) includes pics via link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bangkok to Melbourne in STARCLASS ( Jetstar Intl JQ ) includes pics via link

Hi guys, I have a new post on my blog with a trip report of Starclass on Bangkok to Melbourne for those interested on the A330-200.

JETSTAR flight JQ30 Airbus A330-200 VH-EBC (the white as opposed to silver A330)
    Bangkok to Melbourne
    ON TIME - arrived almost 1 hour early

I recently returned to Melbourne from Bangkok and happened to pick up a very cheap Jetstar fare (about 8000 THB one way) with the thought to upgrade to starclass at the airport. I had read on frequentflyer.com.au that the price had recently dropped to 5900THB for the 'On Departure Upgrade' for this sector, which seemed like a bargain. Checking online the day of the flight showed 13 Starclass seats available, I hoped these wouldn't go before I got to the airport, so planned to arrive nice and early!!
    CONTINUED at my blog, including pics:

http://dazz81.blogspot.com/2009/10/j...melbourne.html
    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Nice report.

A bit disappointing about the Starclass hardware.

What is the seat pitch supposed to be? Isn't it something like 37 or 38 inches?

It surely must be better than SQ's 31 or 32 inches?

Comment

Originally posted by hsf View Post
      Nice report.

A bit disappointing about the Starclass hardware.

What is the seat pitch supposed to be? Isn't it something like 37 or 38 inches?

It surely must be better than SQ's 31 or 32 inches?
      Certainly looks better than 31 or 32...

Thanks for sharing though Sqdazz

Comment

Hey sqdazz, do you know if OLCI / seat selection can be done for Starclass? Got a flight tomorrow night and can't find a way to select 'Singapore'... and I hope I don't have to fight the hordes to seat select at T1 tomorrow morning...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          Hey sqdazz, do you know if OLCI / seat selection can be done for Starclass? Got a flight tomorrow night and can't find a way to select 'Singapore'... and I hope I don't have to fight the hordes to seat select at T1 tomorrow morning...
          You should be able to pre-allocate your seat by logging into your booking under 'My Booking.'
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I don't think you can do online checkin for JQ International yet, but yes as Keith said you should be able to select seats at time of reservation or later by viewing your booking at the jetstar website.

Comment

Thanks, it seems I already pre-selected last May, but forgot

Yes, I don't see a way to do OLCI yet, no worries, will just rock up as usual then... quite a few exciting trips of late with lesser-flown carriers! Thanks for the help guys...

Comment

Another enjoyable TR.

And No OLCI for JQi.

Comment

Thanks, it seems I already pre-selected last May, but forgot

Yes, I don't see a way to do OLCI yet, no worries, will just rock up as usual then... quite a few exciting trips of late with lesser-flown carriers! Thanks for the help guys...
                  im flying Asiana tonight in J on BKK-ICN, new carrier for me, very excited

Comment

They're very good, I think you'll enjoy it! Another TR in the making?

Comment

Another TR in the making?
                      Of course

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                        Of course
                        Great, I've been wondering how Asiana is like - they don't fly into KUL yet.

Comment

Working...
                        X