Inaugural SQ334 SIN-CDG A380 - June 1st, 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inaugural SQ334 SIN-CDG A380 - June 1st, 2009

Evening all...i write this now from gate B5....there's a party going on and only those holding boarding passes may enter

I overheard one of the Singapore Girls mention that tonight's flight will have approx 50 empty seats

I have never written a trip report before, so please forgive the wackiness and the obtuseness of it as well - but then again it is my usual nature to be so

If indeed there are any SQtalkers here, I am one of the brown guys here, wearing shoes (durrr), cargos, and a full button shirt outside of my pants..oh yeah and I have glasses...the reason for the complete description is that, well, I have never shown what I look like before here.

Anyways I will let you guys know how things play down, unfortunately I cannot get the registration of the aircraft from gate side as it is obstructed...but of course if I can find it, or more like when I find it, I will let you guys know. Then again SQ333 (Laurent), will be flying on the returning flight tomorrow morning, so he could tell ya lol

I am in the upper deck in seat 77H, i booked online back in March..

what a fantastic way to finish off my month long vacation (which was spent here, there, and somewhere lol - in all 13 flights).

Ciao for now

Kris
    I'm still waiting for my cookie as my first name is Kris

Good luck for you trip!

Have fun! Cheers

Comment

Have fun. Looking forward to your trip report.

Btw, the aircraft is 9V-SKH.

Comment

post some pictures!!

Comment

look forward to it!

Comment

Bonjour Madames et Monsieurs...bienvenue a Paris..

Morning/Afternoon/Evening all, I hope everyone is well

I am posting now from Air Canada's Maple Leaf Lounge in terminal 2A of CDG, awaiting AC871 to Montreal...my home

I will definitely be posting some pictures (and hopefully some video as well) soon (when I return home that is).

It was a fantastic yet uneventful flight, but in no way was it boring of any sort.

However the following should be noted; last night, although there was a stage set up for speeches, it was rumoured that one of the speakers was someone from the French government, however given the terrible incident involving Air France that day, no speeches were made. Furthermore, landing this morning in Paris, although it was a beautiful sunny morning, a dark somber cloud shadowed over the airport...as such, again rumour has it, that the water canon welcome was cancelled beause of the AF incident, which I in no way blame them (nor sour) for doing so..

SQ333 will have to post what ended up happening today, but a final rumour I heard was that, even though there was reception beforehand in Singapore for SQ334, the ceremony for SQ333 will NOT take place, or if it does, will be extremely low key.

I had a great flight on board the whalejet; it had the atmosphere of a son (or daughter) returning home from university showing their parents what they have become..afterall, SKH (thanks Jet Blast, ended up seeing the plate in the galley) was fabricated in France

Final note, man did 9V-SKH have that, what I ended up learning, new plane smell..it was different I have to admit, but I still prefer, any day of the week, a new car smell

All the best y'all, I will talk to you soon

Kris
            I'm still waiting for my cookie as my first name is Kris

Comment

sounds interesting and exciting...looking forward for the TR
              I know when you airline bling, that could only mean one thing

Comment

Originally posted by hofo_mofo View Post
                However the following should be noted; last night, although there was a stage set up for speeches, it was rumoured that one of the speakers was someone from the French government, however given the terrible incident involving Air France that day, no speeches were made.
                Yes, the transport minister was supposed to be there to welcome the flight.
                Awaiting your TR!

Comment

Working...
                X