Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fumitani View Post
    none of the pixs work
    Pics don't work for me either, and I've tried both my Firefox and IE. Will try Safari browser (vers for Windows), but it's in my other laptop which switched off at the moment. As far as I remember I've -sadly- always had problem viewing the pics in your TRs. I guess though that if few people here can see them, it's gotta be smt on this end that goes wrong every time...

Comment

great F product....super impressive. love the lighting, duvet, and bathrooms. but the women's amenity kit products are MUCH better than the men's. overall, i give the new F

Comment

Originally posted by N_Architect View Post
        Pics don't work for me either, ...
        It worked this morning, on my Firefox at work. I suspect there's inconsistency from the geocities' side in the pics appearing, but don't know the reason why this could possibly be.

Comment

Originally posted by kchika View Post
          Ahh, another great CX TR here.

It's a shame you didn't get the new Bally bag for men, StarG.
          Thanks.
          Actually - from looking at the link you posted - I think I would like the Victorinox bag better. It seems to be much less watered down than the amenity bags they sell in the stores than the Bally bag.

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
          great F product....super impressive. love the lighting, duvet, and bathrooms. but the women's amenity kit products are MUCH better than the men's. overall, i give the new F
          Indeed the women's kit have better products than the men's version. Acca Kappa is not doing that well AFAIK - I think they closed their shops in Hong Kong and in Century City Shopping Center (LA).

Originally posted by N_Architect View Post
          It worked this morning, on my Firefox at work. I suspect there's inconsistency from the geocities' side in the pics appearing, but don't know the reason why this could possibly be.
          Yeah I think that was it. Will learn to use Flickr instead from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
            Totally agree regarding the women's amenities.

taipeiflyer, perhaps we should book a redemption on CX ex-SFO...
            HUGE AL

Comment

Having been fortunate enough to try the longhaul F seats on, I think:

AA (coffin)
              BA
              CA (short flight - same as AA flagship)
              CX (old and 74A) (daytime flights)
              LH (very short flight)
              NH
              QF (744)
              SQ (R, 744 and 77W (daytime flight))
              TG (old)
              UA (new)

the new CX F seat remains my overall favourite for its combination of privacy and comfort when lying down.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                Having been fortunate enough to try the longhaul F seats on, I think:

AA (coffin)
                BA
                CA (short flight - same as AA flagship)
                CX (old and 74A) (daytime flights)
                LH (very short flight)
                NH
                QF (744)
                SQ (R, 744 and 77W (daytime flight))
                TG (old)
                UA (new)

the new CX F seat remains my overall favourite for its combination of privacy and comfort when lying down.
                Can you rank the top 10?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                  Can you rank the top 10?
                  Even if I could rank them from 1 to 10 (which I can't), it's going to be highly subjective and a pointless exercise IMO. Looking just at the hard product, it just depends on so many factors and which you personally find important, e.g.

* privacy (too little or too much)
                  * legroom when lying down and overall comfort, e.g. whether a dedicated mattress (SQ R) or a mattress pad or nothing at all
                  * comfort when lounging, ease of conversion to a bed etc
                  * air vents ?
                  * lighting, e.g. pax controlled floor lighting on NH which I haven't seen elsewhere
                  * dining with companion(s) possible ?
                  * storage space such as closets and compartments
                  * IFE
                  * the plane configuration
                  etc

Comment

Dude, you forgot "Super Cheeseburger Option."
                    HUGE AL

Comment

Nice report StarG,

Glad that after several frustrations of last minute a/c sub into the old config, you finally got your attempt this time around. Looking at the Supper with Caviar and followed by BF, it is safe for me to conclude that you also flew F on the long haul sector (flew 2 long haul sectors: 1 in J & 1 in F), correct?

About comments on the F seat, I firmly believe it is the best seat currently out there of all F cabin in this generation. My only gripe is the closet mounted at the edge of the seat which narrows the foot are compared to the width on the other end. Oh well that comes at the expense of eliminating the overhead bins.

Though I guess we have differences in taste for seat location. My personal favorite on the 74A is definately 2A/K for single travel due to the extra distance between the seats left-right or 1A/K when traveling as a couple due to the privacy up front. Dislike anything at row four due to extra noise and foot traffic.

You should also try the F cabin atmosphere on the 77A next time around. Though the same seats, there are some minor but interesting differences due to the cabin layout. Personally though I'd slightly prefer the 74A over the 77A due to the reasons outlined for seats 1A/K & 2A/K that cannot be matched location-wise on the 77A.

I guess the luck-god has been on my side all these 18 months as of all the 747 flights I have taken with the 74A listed on the original itinerary at time of booking confirmation, not once have my flights been subsituted into the old config.

With only about 1-2 744s left to be configured into the 74A, the nerve-wracking last minute a/c sub will finally end, at least on the long haul runs.
                      My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Thanks for the comments jhm & Rejuvenated.
                        I wouldn't be surprised if it is indeed the best current F hardware out there.
                        It is really nice, spacious and private.

I was told by an FA on my flight that ALL the 744s have been reconfigured.

Comment

I heard that B-HOP, the last of the non-74A 744 has been flying the last couple of days including yesterday.
                          My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Yes, there is one 744 left but it will go in for the refit within the next 3-4 weeks.

Comment

Thanks for report, StarG.

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                              - Again, very nice & interesting amenity kits on CX F. The Victorinox bag is of the perfect size. I don’t like the contents of the gents kit (Acca Kappa products) though.
                              I know one SQTalker (not me) would love Acca Kappa if you're not wanting it.

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                              The Pier (HKG) First Class section – it was nice that CX printed an invitation for F lounge in HKG for me even though my connecting flight was in J (no F on the regional flight).
                              Very nice of them to do so - a nice gesture considering you've just travelled on their F service longhaul.

Comment

The F seats look nice and cosy...but the J seats cramped. Gives the impression that they were trying to pack a lot of seats in.

Comment

Working...
                                X