Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fly the Friendly Skies (UA SIN-HKG v.v.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shuttle to the Gates 60-80

More walking

First/Biz on your left. Economy on your right.

Gate 67 is used this time round

The aircraft that's bring me back. Old livery.

Passengers rushing to board once the floodgates open, ignoring the boarding sequence.

Annoyed gate agent with passengers not abiding to the boarding sequence

Aerobridge

Final security checks before boarding

Me with the FA. He's a SIN based crew.

After settling down in my seat

Very full flight in Y. No so full in C.
    Last edited by nykelaz; 14 January 2009, 06:37 AM.
    We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Good legroom

View from my seat

Aisle seat

Lights dimmed after take off

Snackbox

Pandora box. The sandwich was horrible though.

Landed on time

The End
      Last edited by nykelaz; 14 January 2009, 06:42 AM.
      We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

wah!!! its like flying budget airlines like jetstar. in 2003 when i flew this route, SIN-HKG-SIN, they had full meals..i remember i had chicken rice for breakfast and fried rice with chicken for dinner and LOTS of FREE alcohol. I took red, white wine, khalua, baileys etc..all came in CUTE miniature bottles..now i heard they charge US$6 per bottle.

Can I check with you if there are amenities like comb, toothbrush, playing cards, postcards, pens, eyeshades, lip balm, earplugs etc which you can ask for? they had NONE of these in 2003.

I'm flying the new United Business Class on 25th n 26th jan 09 http://www.suitedreams.united.com/ ...wanna see hw much they have improved n hw much amenities they have.
        Last edited by ; 13 January 2009, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yongchau View Post
          Can I check with you if there are amenities like comb, toothbrush, playing cards, postcards, pens, eyeshades, lip balm, earplugs etc which you can ask for? they had NONE of these in 2003.
          Well, another bad news for you, there's no amenities bag given on this flight. Hope this helps.

Comment

UA compared to CX, I still think CX is better. I took the same sectors(HKG-SIN-HKG)and it was great. They have PTV, better food... But UA isn't all that bad i suppose

Comment

No thanks... if I had to choose between CX or UA, it'll be the former... no questions asked.

And I say this even if I'm a KF EG.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance711 View Post
                UA compared to CX, I still think CX is better. I took the same sectors(HKG-SIN-HKG)and it was great. They have PTV, better food... But UA isn't all that bad i suppose
                Yeah, considering the price I paid, I think it's well worth it. And also, the early time of arrival in HKG is good.

Comment

Thanks for the report, I'm very annoyed that my parents didn't let me book SIN-FRA-ORD because they said it would take longer then SIN-HKG-ORD, I'm scared :S
                  The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
                    Thanks for the report, I'm very annoyed that my parents didn't let me book SIN-FRA-ORD because they said it would take longer then SIN-HKG-ORD, I'm scared :S
                    Scared of?

Comment

I thought UA SIN FA base (as well as BKK) was closed last year.
                      If it's still open, it's a great news.

Comment

Working...
                      X