SQ A330 Inaugural Flights SIN-BNE-SIN and Training Flights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
    DFP, do you have pictures of the Inflight Supervisor handing the cake and shaking J777 hand?
    Sorry, no. It took me too much time to go from 11H to row 15

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
      Well, you'd better be the one to do the TR so that it won't be derailed if I get off loaded.
      I'd better make the plan soon. And have to send message to SQ requesting certain crew to work on that SQ333 in the upper deck Y class where I would be. Hmm but this crew seems prefer working in F.
      Upper deck Y class eh, on SQ333 June 2nd...bwhahaha, let's test and see how well the cabin is cleaned between my arrival onboard SQ334 and you getting on the plane as SQ333

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
      I know. Given how you were treated on the BKK-SIN, I was so surprised. Demoted to the middle seat f the middle section of the cabin ..maybe SQ wanted to surround you with people.
      You can think of it as "operation human shield" as well....we must protect our greatest asset...regardless
      I'm still waiting for my cookie as my first name is Kris

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        Thank you, Professor.

Not a dickie bird about first A330 flight on SQ236 today, except they gave us all an 'A330 Pen' when doing the meal service with a small label saying 'To commemorate the inaugural A330 service Brisbane to Singapore 30 March 2009. A New Experience Awaits.' Pathetic to be honest but I know it's all for the later flight and celebrating 25 years serving BNE etc. CCS is giving a speech and coming back on that flight, apparently. Checking in at BNE you wouldn't even know anything was different as they has no banners, cards or anything.
        Gotta say very disappointed with the whole Inaugural flight Fanfan (um none)... agree with MAN Flyer on that front... yes even in Y got the same Pen. Been talking with the local SQ office before the lead up and they seemed quiet excited by the launch etc of the new plane... but to arrive at checkin- not a peep. In the lounge - not a thing and even at the gates.

After fly on the ol'777 for the last 3 plus years in J and Y the A330 is certainly a nice upgrade for us BNE travelers and I happy about that.

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        Seat is superb if you're in row 11, which I was both ways fortunately. If these were not bassinets they should be for PPS..... I can see the concerns of the foot space in other rows though.

On the my flight home I tried to secure Row 11 and yep... its gone. J is actaully rather full on the 9/4 back to BNE.

It was also great to meet you MAN FLYER... now after a few years of being on SQTalk it was good to catchup... and more to meet others in the future. As you said... we have more than likely passed each other in transit.

Comment

• Sorry to hear about your predicament, SQ LPP. Hope you'll have an uneventful journey back home.

Thanks for the mini-TR & pictures!
          Sounds like you guys had some fun at the gate and onboard.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
            Here are a few more picture of the ABD celebration for J777 --or is it PMBD celebration?

The crew had signed the card that came with the cake. There were 3 captains' signature on it
            Wow, the card is priceless!
            And I know June 2, SQ333, with the A380 inaugural, if someone has a birthday, it will be another priceless card collection!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
              I know. Given how you were treated on the BKK-SIN, I was so surprised. Demoted to the middle seat f the middle section of the cabin ..maybe SQ wanted to surround you with people.
              Yup.. SQ wanted me to be surround me with people so that ...
              Anyway, I was speechless that one of the UA FA remembers me from the past. She used to be based in Singapore and moved to Tokyo. She recalled how I used to take the UA flights via NRT to/from SIN.

And now, at least my Solitaire card showed me a bit of love. I went to NH C lounge counter here at NRT showing my Solitaire card along with my UA Y BP. She told me immediately to take the escalator up for the NH F lounge. Seating in the usual corner after having hot refreshing shower.

Comment

• Originally posted by hofo_mofo View Post
                Upper deck Y class eh, on SQ333 June 2nd...bwhahaha, let's test and see how well the cabin is cleaned between my arrival onboard SQ334 and you getting on the plane as SQ333
                No worry about cleanliness. Last time I did the LHR-SIN inagural flight, the aircraft was pretty clean when we boarded.

Comment

• Originally posted by StarG View Post
                  Sorry to hear about your predicament, SQ LPP. Hope you'll have an uneventful journey back home.

Thanks for the mini-TR & pictures!
                  Sounds like you guys had some fun at the gate and onboard.
                  I enjoyed my trip back in Y so far. And yes, it's a mini-TR indeed from the gang!

Comment

And now, at least my Solitaire card showed me a bit of love. I went to NH C lounge counter here at NRT showing my Solitaire card along with my UA Y BP. She told me immediately to take the escalator up for the NH F lounge. Seating in the usual corner after having hot refreshing shower.
                    As should be the case. Enjoy the Noodle Bar & ice cream...oh...and your flight.
                    HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by whatsthequestionnow View Post
                      After fly on the ol'777 for the last 3 plus years in J and Y the A330 is certainly a nice upgrade for us BNE travelers and I happy about that.
                      I recall you saying you were looking forward to that in the SKL.

It was also great to meet you MAN FLYER... now after a few years of being on SQTalk it was good to catchup... and more to meet others in the future. As you said... we have more than likely passed each other in transit.
                      Nice to meet up with you as well, when you finally 'spotted' me. Shame I was so absent minded before we left to clock we were both in town last night and suggest a drink earlier.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
                        Sorry, no. It took me too much time to go from 11H to row 15

I can share a few pics but will take some time to load up.

Originally posted by hofo_mofo
                        You can think of it as "operation human shield" as well....we must protect our greatest asset...regardless
                        Interesting viewpoint.
                        You calling me a human shield?

Comment

No worry about cleanliness. Last time I did the LHR-SIN inagural flight, the aircraft was pretty clean when we boarded.
                          Me worried, never Me sinister, dubious, and evil...oh you betcha

[wow, there are a lot of extra emoticons for this board! lol]

Interesting viewpoint.
                          You calling me a human shield?
                          Human shield, expendable ...hey whatever floats your boat there

---------------------------------------

One thing I really can't wait to hear about is the iPod integration. I will be flying to BNE in May (8th) and well I really want to give this system a shot
                          I'm still waiting for my cookie as my first name is Kris

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                            As should be the case. Enjoy the Noodle Bar & ice cream...oh...and your flight.
                            Well, the food/snacks offering never changed. But knowing will be in Y, decided to have udon, sushi, and desserts. Enough for my pre-dinner.
                            Well, you will be surprised. I, in fact, enjoyed my ride back to SFO. (BTW, I called your number, but either busy or no answer.) Enough leg rooms for me. And with the seat besides me empty, I have room to spread out. Feel fine when getting off the plane.
                            Had the dinner on board (of course nothing to talk about, it's just an airline food), and skipped breakfast. But I had picked melon bun from NH lounge. Thus, it was enough for my breakfast.
                            Now in Castro before heading back to SFO to catch my flight up north.

I can share a few pics but will take some time to load up.
                            Impatient here. Come on, load them up quickly!

Originally posted by hofo_mofo View Post
                            One thing I really can't wait to hear about is the iPod integration. I will be flying to BNE in May (8th) and well I really want to give this system a shot
                            It works well... I heard...
                            As mentioned in another thread, if you want you can buy the connector and pack it in your carry-on. This you don't rely on the availability of the connector on board.

Comment

...BTW, I called your number, but either busy or no answer...
                              Hmmm...busy should never happen...no answer...well, that should have gone to vm... One of these days...
                              HUGE AL

Comment

• Bolding is mine, and I could have sworn the first flight was not met by CCS ...

Singapore Airlines has launched Airbus A330-300 flights between Singapore’s Changi Airport and Brisbane International Airport.

The arrival of the aircraft into Brisbane coincides with the 25th anniversary of the airline’s operation of services into the city, and the first flight was met by Singapore Airlines Chief Executive Officer, Chew Choon Seng, and the new Queensland Minister for Tourism, The Hon Peter Lawlor MP.

The Singapore Airlines A330-300 is configured in a two-class layout, with 30 new Business Class seats, and 255 Economy Class seats.

The new Business Class seat has been especially designed for regional and medium-haul routes, offering enhanced levels of comfort, privacy and functionality. The seat converts to an incline lie-flat bed. The cabin is laid out in a 2-2-2 configuration (distinct from the existing B777 on these routes, which is in a 2-3-2 layout).

Economy Class features 255 seats, in a 2-4-2 configuration. These are the new generation Singapore Airlines Economy Class seats, also available on the Singapore Airlines Boeing 777-300ER and Airbus A380 aircraft.

The Singapore Airlines A330-300 also offers iPod and iPhone connectivity in every seat, including Economy Class.

All seats feature the new KrisWorld, Singapore Airlines inflight entertainment system.

Singapore Airlines has currently four A330-300s in fleet, with another fifteen A330-300s due to be delivered between now and 2010. Progressively, the planes will enter service between Singapore and other cities in Australia (Adelaide and Perth), then Japan (Nagoya
                                and Osaka).

http://www.asiatraveltips.com/news09...Airlines.shtml

Comment

Working...
                                X