No announcement yet.

SQ A330 Inaugural Flights SIN-BNE-SIN and Training Flights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Such an empty flight! And I missed it...

Comment

• DFP is one hell of a photographer. He's getting all the money shots of Man Flyer!
      HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
        Such an empty flight! And I missed it...
        Very sorry to learn about your visa problem. The rules simply don't make sense. Well, at least you got to go to the party and received the goodies. By looking at the pictures, people may think that you were on the inaugural flight.

Comment

• Originally posted by TerryK View Post
          Well, at least you got to go to the party and received the goodies.
          By looking at the pictures, people may think that you were on the inaugural flight.
          Which party? Well this morning couple people recognized me and they were confused why I was still at Changi.

Comment

• An eventful inaugural experience for you, SQ LPP! But sadly not in a good way. I hope you sorted some flights out and got home with minimal troubles. I admire your (relatively) calm and cheerful disposition throughout the entire drama as I think if it's me, I'd have been stressed beyond words.

Nice pics from the inaugural flight. It looked like one big party.

I didn't understand why such a big fuss was made about inaugurals before but after partaking in one such flight earlier this year, I must say such festivities are rather fun.

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
            That pic is priceless!
            +1
            Hope a big dent was made to the Charlie H supply. (or was some special bubbly served for the inaugural?)
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Food on the flight

SQ-255 was a sup(p)er flight , so there is normally only one meal and you have it either after take off or before landing. Personally, I dislike this SQ policy very much as I like to have food at both times. Luckily, when I called SQ reservation to get a seat assignment, the ICC person I talked to insisted I choose a BTC! I had chosen the lamb chops.

As for the breakfast, I asked the crew if they had SQ LPP's book the cook, but I was told it was not on board...
              So instead, I had the regular bfast tray with fruits fist:

followed by poached eggs with Hollandaise sauce, sausages, tomatoes and hash-browns.

As for the answer to SQ LPP's question, a single picture will say more than threads and threads of words!

J777 is bemoaning next to me right now that he wishes it were a "more normal" picture (whatever that means)!!!

Comment

• Wow, something very good in that cake obviously!

Thanks for the pics!

Comment

• Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post

J777 is bemoaning next to me right now that he wishes it were a "more normal" picture (whatever that means)!!!
                  This photo is not very flattering.

Nice pictures of the entire occasion

Comment

• Sorry about your predicament SQ LPP. There's always the 787-9 to look forward to.

Comment

Which party? Well this morning couple people recognized me and they were confused why I was still at Changi.
                      Just tell them that you are trying to re-enact The Terminal by Tom Hanks.

There is no immigration check if you stay in transit in AKL. It is really up to the SQ manager in SIN to let you board or not. Of course, given by-the-book SQ management mentality, no exceptions can be made even with obviously no risk to the company.

Hope you can get home quickly, smoothly and safely.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                        This photo is not very flattering.
                        I like the picture actually. I can see how fun this flight must have been.

But I also agree with HUGE AL.
                        Note to self: do not get inebriated at a party where DFP shows up with his camera.

Have a good trip home, SQ LPP.
                        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Great to see that a lot of fun was had. (Lest anyone were to think my personal opinion about the significance of this flight detracted in any way from my best wishes to those on board.)

SQ LPP, sorry to read that you weren't able to fly.

Comment

• Thank you, Professor.

We only offered him some cake, I can't even remember what we were laughing about!!. It wasn't Fuel Surcharges thats for sure!!!.

Not a dickie bird about first A330 flight on SQ236 today, except they gave us all an 'A330 Pen' when doing the meal service with a small label saying 'To commemorate the inaugural A330 service Brisbane to Singapore 30 March 2009. A New Experience Awaits.' Pathetic to be honest but I know it's all for the later flight and celebrating 25 years serving BNE etc. CCS is giving a speech and coming back on that flight, apparently. Checking in at BNE you wouldn't even know anything was different as they has no banners, cards or anything.

Seat is superb if you're in row 11, which I was both ways fortunately. If these were not bassinets they should be for PPS..... I can see the concerns of the foot space in other rows though.

Great laugh with the cake. SQ LPP ordered it, J777 found out and cancelled it and SQFAN re-ordered it.

All great fun as usual, especially seeing some of the gang again, but the sight of seeing SQ LPP walking back through the terminal was very sad. It looked good at one point as well and we thought it would be ok. Fair play to the ground staff they tried everything they could. He was still smiling though.

Comment

• Now in BNE with a few of the SQTalkers but with two of us suffering jet lag - a result of far too many transits, irregular eating / sleeping pattern to get on the inaugural.

Though the departure time left a bit to be desired, I had a fab time on the flight. At one point on the flight, we were told to pipe down as we chin wagged at the last row of the cabin. Most importantly, it was great to have met up with the usual suspects and meeting new SQtalkers. Meeting SQ LPP in BKK was great as it helped me to have a travelling buddy. It was sad to see him not able to take the SIN-BNE segment despite the herculean effort on SQ's and a particular SQtalker part.

ManFlyer, it was SQ LPP who re-ordered the cake.
                              Last edited by SQFAN; 30 March 2009, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Who took over my peranakan chicken curry?
                                J777 suggested I request avail myself to your BTC but the FA said it did not load. Hmmm, strange as one would have expected the BTC to have been loaded since your situation was not 'confirmed' until the very last minute.

Comment

Working...
                                X