No announcement yet.

SQ A330 Inaugural Flights SIN-BNE-SIN and Training Flights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i do really wish i could have partaken in the festivities with all of you. sq lpp, i really hope everything works out for you... an inaugural just wouldn't be an inaugural without SQ's most distinguished patron. kyo, man flyer, andysyd, and anyone else i am forgetting (sorry, i just woke up but couldn't wait to see the pics, even though my eyes are still half-closed. i feel like a child on christmas) have a great time!
    Last edited by taipeiflyer; 30 March 2009, 01:04 AM.

Comment

• It's really bad news. Nobody saw this coming...

I just got back after waving off J777, DeltaFlyingProf, MAN Flyer, andySYD and SQFAN + 1

So close and yet so far.
      Last edited by Kyo; 30 March 2009, 12:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
        At the moment, MAN Flyer, J777, SQFAN +1, DeltaFlyingProf, and kyo are having good times at SKL C lounge. I am still unsure about being able to join due a technical difficulty related to transit visa. Lets wait and see...
        Hope it works out for you. Someone should have the senses that SQ LPP is not a risk to staying illegally in Oz.

Comment

• Always find this on the Airbus :-/

Old A320's flying in Europe
          A 2 week old A340
          SQ's A380 (never heard so much noise coming from the door (upper deck exit row).
          Various A330's

I'm not a fan of their planes, you don't get the creaks and shakes on the 777 and I'd imagine with the thrust it would be much more demanding on the airframe.

Comment

• Greetings from The Coffee Bean at T3!

Just logged in here, and saw some edited posts. Well perhaps I should clarify myself what had happened.

My two tickets were:
            • BKK-SIN-BNE-AKL (BD award: SQ-SQ-NZ)
            • AKL-SFO-YVR (paid ticket on UA code share with NZ)

I have checked with Air New Zealand a while ago before I had health problem, and was told that it should be no problem because I merely connect for 2 hours at AKL - in the sense that I arrive at AKL, follow the international transfer sign, going to x-ray to the secure departure, and wait at NZ lounge for the next flight. Had done this before by doing SYD-AKL-SFO as well as SYD-AKL-LAX.

Anyway, I checked my bag at First Class Check-In counter. Had hainan chicken rice with DFP and went to SKL. While taking shower, I had sms that J777 and the rests were at SKL C side.
            While I was there, the manager from FC Check-In Lounge came to see me, and explained the situation that I need a transit visa for New Zealand. I tried to explain what I did before, but he said the staff had called NZ Immigration in AKL, and it was a no go.
            J777 helped in resolving the problem. This time is the manager on duty for the flight. It was up and down. But yes, they had tried everything till the last minute. Yes, we went to the Gate before 11pm (and yes, you can post the pics, kyo.) Met the famous first-to-fly Isabelle by the gate. While we were all taking turn in posing, the duty manager kept trying hard to convince the NZ immigration to let me on board.

So, actually, I had no problem in entering Australian space. The problem would start after I depart from BNE towards AKL. Australian immigration is ok with me arriving in BNE and connecting to AKL. But NZ immigration wants a transit visa for making a connection at AKL, because I would arrive from BNE, unless I have Australian visa (which I don't have.)
            I know it's confusing. It likes I fly from SIN to FRA and connecting in FRA to LHR in order to catch another flight from LHR to the US. In this example, I don't go through any immigration at all. Arrive in FRA and look for the connecting flight. Arrive in LHR and look for the connecting flight.
            So it's a bit confusing about the AKL connection.
            Anyhow, perhaps now for any Indonesians, there is no way to travel via South Pacific without any visa. But of course no one really can give the exact answer last night.
            The book that is used by the staff indeed showing "transit without visa" only valid for certain countries with certain conditions. Indonesians are excluded on that transit without visa.
            Again, if anyone has done any connection at AKL, he/she will remember that once you deplane, there will be a sign for entering NZ, and international connection, which will take you to the security/x-ray. From here, an escalator up, and it's a departure area near some shops, with a short walk towards another escalator to go to NZ lounge as well as QF lounge.

Anyway, after getting the final answer "NO" I walked back toward the shops, while kyo headed down for immigration. Well at least prior to that we met AndySYD who just arrived at the gate! Nice to meet you Andy! Hope you all have great fun aboard.

I ended up sitting near the Champions Bar surfing the web. Yes, I was looking for the cheap fares to fly back home. It was already 2am here in Singapore. Everything seemed too expensive. Could not find any possible award space. Yes, forget BD miles, because I need to be back home Tuesday at the latest. SQ Y seems very expensive. At the end I found UA as the cheapest from all the expensive last minutes fares. Trying to use my NW miles or DL miles, but failed as well.
            I would love to travel back home straight away, but UA reservation in the US could not price any fares for the early Monday flights (yes, about 2 or 3 hours before chek-in opens.) I made the booking for Tuesday.

At 315am, I went to immigration. Of course, the officer got confused because it's dead that early morning. Telling him the truth. He was suspicious at the beginning but at the end he let me go.

Now, it's time to claim my check-in bag that got off loaded. I really apologize for giving troubles to the lost and found guys. Yes, they were half sleeping when I woke them up. Of course, after searching, my luck still runs out. No off loaded bag sighted. So, we filed the usual lost bag claim, so that I could go up to the departure level to sort the UA tix whether I could move it to the Monday morning flights which would depart in 3 hours that time.

Unfortunately, the reservation in the US has not reissued my UA tix. So the agent at Changi had to sort everything. But for me to be able to fly on Monday, I had to pay too much for just a Y class. At the end I just made her to issue my Tuesday morning flight properly. Yes, now I will fly back on UA Tuesday morning.

Up to know, almost 8am, I had not heard yet about the bag.
            Yay, just got a call from the Lost & Found guy that they located my bag. So, they will arrange to deliver it to Crowne Plaza concierge, since I could not check in till after noon.

In short, yes, everyone has witnessed how difficult I am when traveling. Hassle that I encountered due to certain status in my profile (yeah, SQFAN saw the action first hand!)

Hope this explanation will clear the way for everyone to post their trip reports. I know there are some great pictures from last night at SKL C as well as at the gate. Please do post the pictures, kyo. You don't need to cut me out from the pics.

I am glad at least I got the souvenir, yes the A330 model. I will treasure it immensely. And yes, I had the complete BP still intact.
            I am being positive now. I mean I know I can't make it to the first official A330 flight, but at least I made it to the first SIN-KUL as a consolation.

Sayonara...
            Good bye...

And welcome to the flyers who made it to BNE. I believe they are landing soon!
            Last edited by SQ LPP; 30 March 2009, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• SQ 255 just landed at BNE (9:49am).
              How was the flight?
              Party hard?
              Who took over my peranakan chicken curry?

Hope you have the wonderful flight back to SIN, MANFlyer.

Comment

• Sitting in BNE Silverkris now... waiting for the inaugural BNE-SIN.

Comment

• I'm really sorry to hear your drama, SQ_LPP. I hope things will get better for you and wish you have a pleasant journey home.
                  They seems to have a great flight last night, at least that's what J777 mentioned to me in his sms.

Comment

• Originally posted by whatsthequestionnow View Post
                    Sitting in BNE Silverkris now... waiting for the inaugural BNE-SIN.
                    Well, you should meet MAN Flyer. He is booked for the flight back as well...

Comment

• Originally posted by singaporu_kooku View Post
                      I'm really sorry to hear your drama, SQ_LPP. I hope things will get better for you and wish you have a pleasant journey home.
                      They seems to have a great flight last night, at least that's what J777 mentioned to me in his sms.
                      ... I was called the drama queen last night!
                      I feel bad that everyone had to endure the ups and downs with the news.
                      Now still sitting here at the coffee shop. Seems the hotel has not even clean any room yet since they told me no room had been cleaned. And regular check-in for Singapore hotel is 2pm. No bargain, she said. So how could I have a good flight home?

Comment

Well, you should meet MAN Flyer. He is booked for the flight back as well...
                        Whats he look like?

Comment

• Here are the pictures that I have while waiting to get the final answer!

Comment

• Originally posted by whatsthequestionnow View Post
                            Whats he look like?
                            See the middle picture! Always smiling!

Comment

See the middle picture! Always smiling!
                              Can see him.. what gave him away was the only guy taking a photo of the lounge!

Comment

• Now it's time for others to post the pictures!

Comment

Working...
                                X