SQ A330 Inaugural Flights SIN-BNE-SIN and Training Flights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
    PS: I don't know what to wear for the flight yet. Sandals, short and t-shirt?
    Congrats on making the flight!

At the moment, Singapore is very hot! If you will be going about in the outside sun, and you don't mind sandals, shorts and a t-shirt, you will be doing yourself a favour to wear them

(as long as high tea/coffee does not require formal attire, of course)

Comment

• Originally posted by StarG View Post
      Enjoy the inaugurals everyone!
      Thank you. Hope I will not get offloaded.

Originally posted by StarG View Post
      Do report back what souvenirs you get for flying them.
      Souvenirs? Well if it's a marketing thingy, i.e. insignificant first flight, no souvenirs I guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
        Congrats on making the flight!

At the moment, Singapore is very hot! If you will be going about in the outside sun, and you don't mind sandals, shorts and a t-shirt, you will be doing yourself a favour to wear them

(as long as high tea/coffee does not require formal attire, of course)
        I mean what to wear in the plane! I thought we discussed about thongs and priscilla outfits early on in this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carfield View Post
          Dear all,

Unfortunately, I have to cancel my trip to the inaugural because my grandmother has just passed away this morning at LA.
          Sorry to hear that, Carfield. Condolences to you and your family.

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
          Well, I have read somewhere that one post which stated that this SQ255 is a complete 100% marketing gimmick.
          Really ? I thought it was a flight from Singapore to Brisbane ?.

Oops... reading my BP incorrectly. I am number 13 who checked-in for BKK-SIN, and number 2 for SIN-BNE. I wonder who is the first person who checked in!
          Well I got an SMS off J777 earlier today asking why I hadn't checked in yet, so it's probably him.

Let me know what you are all doing prior to the flight. I get in at 6 and was going to pop into town for an hour to have a drink with a mate but Kyo gets in at 8 so would like to meet him if possible.

SQ LPP, drop me a message when you know what you are doing. I still have the same number. I am off out to the closing party of my friends bar here in Saigon now, so doubt I will see this thread again until I am at SGN tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            Let me know what you are all doing prior to the flight. I get in at 6 and was going to pop into town for an hour to have a drink with a mate but Kyo gets in at 8 so would like to meet him if possible.
            You've got PM.

Hey - no worries if you want to pop out to town for a drink with a mate. SQ might not yet have any inaugural festivity atmosphere at 20:00 anyway as the flight's a fair few hours away after that. I'd be keen to find out which gate they're departing from and swing by though.

If all else fails, there's always Skyview lounge for Priority Pass... I will try to hang around and stay awake

Or Burger King for 2 hrs (painful)..

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              Well I got an SMS off J777 earlier today asking why I hadn't checked in yet, so it's probably him.
              Hmm when I checked-in, J777 had not checked-in yet. May be somebody else?

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post

SQ LPP, drop me a message when you know what you are doing. I still have the same number. I am off out to the closing party of my friends bar here in Saigon now, so doubt I will see this thread again until I am at SGN tomorrow afternoon.
              I will try send you messages. But it seems my SIN number having a glitch. I will make sure J777 contacting you as well. I know I have to be early back in Changi for retrieving bags I left there to be checked-in for the flight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                You've got PM.

Hey - no worries if you want to pop out to town for a drink with a mate. SQ might not yet have any inaugural festivity atmosphere at 20:00 anyway as the flight's a fair few hours away after that. I'd be keen to find out which gate they're departing from and swing by though.

If all else fails, there's always Skyview lounge for Priority Pass... I will try to hang around and stay awake

Or Burger King for 2 hrs (painful)..
                Now I remember that SIN will be the end of your destination today. Thus, if you leave the secure area, you will not be able to go back in. If you want to chaperone us to the gate, that would be great! I don't know yet how to sneak you into SKL though without BP. But we do have at least 5 SQTalkers (+1) who will be on SQ255 C class.

Anyone else in Y who has no access to SKL C tonight?

Comment

• I just updated posts in the beginning of this thread.
                  And here is the old list for the SQ255:

Confirmed:

• andySYD (11F)
                  • E-Aviation/Anmol (12A)
                  • Isabelle ()
                  • Kelly D ()
                  • kluau88 (14A)
                  • kras & partner (14D and 14F)
                  • Jubilee777 (15A)
                  • SQFAN +1 (16A and 16C)

• jyflyer

• SQ LPP (15C)
                  Carfield and kluau88 will not be able to join.

I know for sure that J777, SQFAN +1, and I are checked-in. Now waiting for MANFlyer and DeltaFlyingProf.

AndySYD and E-Aviation/Anmol, are you still on for the flight?

Kras and partner, are you guys still on the flight?

jyflyer, are you still going?

Anyone else?

According to EF, the empty seats are:

11 K
                  12 A HK
                  14 C F H
                  15 DF H
                  16 HK

Comment

• Originally posted by StarG View Post
                    Enjoy the inaugurals everyone!
                    Do report back what souvenirs you get for flying them.
                    Ditto.

I was actually booked across the aisle from a certain Canadian VVIP long ago when this thread started, but cancelled because two other VVIP's were arriving into LAX via NH006 F (Super Cheeseburger and all!). Hope you guys have a blast!

I mean what to wear in the plane! I thought we discussed about thongs and priscilla outfits early on in this thread.
                    I'm glad you're feeling better, SQ LPP!
                    HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                      I was actually booked across the aisle from a certain Canadian VVIP long ago when this thread started, but cancelled because two other VVIP's were arriving into LAX via NH006 F (Super Cheeseburger and all!). Hope you guys have a blast!
                      Now I don't feel love by you, Mr. HUGE! You ditched me for the other two ...

I tried to go to the gate 52 at NRT to say hi to the two VVIP you met, but they had boarded the plane. And the gates agent might think that I am a nut case ...

Comment

Now I don't feel love by you, Mr. HUGE! You ditched me for the other two ...
                        Hey, it was only fair since you ditched them in YVR.

I tried to go to the gate 52 at NRT to say hi to the two VVIP you met, but they had boarded the plane. And the gates agent might think that I am a nut case ...
                        Only if you were wearing your thong...or is it, "tong?"
                        HUGE AL

Comment

Hey, it was only fair since you ditched them in YVR.
                          True... fair and square ... but another first flight on SQ would be very significant for me (even though it's not according to others here. )
                          And, with the JUNO award (equivalent to American Music Award for Canadian) happens in Vancouver, I had more desire to skip town. Well, yes, I jumped the gun once the doctor said ok to travel. If I was not able to get any seat to Asia, I would be in LA and SF this weekend instead.

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                          Only if you were wearing your thong...or is it, "tong?"
                          I was carrying my teddy ...

Comment

If I was not able to get any seat to Asia, I would be in LA and SF this weekend instead.
                            Hmmm...would we have gotten a call?
                            HUGE AL

Comment

Hmmm...would we have gotten a call?
                              I am the kind of person who does last minute things... So I would call when I knew I would not be able to fly to Asia...
                              Even while transiting at LAX, I was still on the phone trying to fix my schedules. Yeah, it's a bit complicated in being able to issue the BP for SIN-BNE flight (considering all other stuff attached to my profile.)

Comment

Oops... reading my BP incorrectly. I am number 13 who checked-in for BKK-SIN, and number 2 for SIN-BNE. I wonder who is the first person who checked in!
                                12 - 1

Comment

Working...
                                X