SQ A330 Inaugural Flights SIN-BNE-SIN and Training Flights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
    Which a/c did you fly? I've flown STA twice now and did not hear this chime. I recall that it was common on the old A343s, and quite irritating.
    I have no idea which a/c registration it was, sorry!

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
      I was lucky enough to get the A330 on SQ116 up to KUL yesterday.
      Well, it sounds like you did not get (maybe you asked) for Row 11?

I believe if you were in Row 11, you'd have had a very nice experience.

I however cannot compare this against CX or UL as I have not tried them. However amongst all the other J seats I have had the fortune of trying, I find SQ's new J the absolute best. Soft leather, huge screen... there is none better, I think...

As long as you're in Row 11!

Oh - and yes, plenty of creaking/groaning upon take-off/landing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo
        Well, it sounds like you did not get (maybe you asked) for Row 11?
        We selected 14A/C back in January and had no idea that we'd get an equipment swap until we stepped on board yesterday!

Comment

• he he, but you must have seen this thread back in mid-Feb when the excitement was at its peak! Anyway, I thought the seats were very good, obviously quite a different opinion there, then. I found the seat width okay, also.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            I found the seat width okay, also.
            I think I need to diet and save up and book myself in for a few oily mud wrap floral treatments to make me slim and trim!

Comment

• heheh, don't think the durians will help!

Comment

I think I need to diet and save up and book myself in for a few oily mud wrap floral treatments to make me slim and trim!
                Don't forget the floral baths as well.

Comment

• Hi Guys,
                  I hope everyone is well. No progress in the plan for meeting prior to flight? (This question is on behalf of someone who will be on the flight. ) Or is everyone thinking of unnecessary for the meet? Well, I have read somewhere that one post which stated that this SQ255 is a complete 100% marketing gimmick. It implies that the ULH flight to LAX was insignificant as well since A345 was scheduled to run for SIN-CGK-SIN couple weeks prior to that.
                  Anyway, just want to express my opinion. I still believe that the first flight SIN-BNE is still important and significant. Yes, it's running on SIN-KUL-SIN and SIN-CGK-SIN. But remember that the A330 is for mid-haul. Thus, BNE route will give the significant improvement on the current mid-haul flights!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                    Hi Guys,
                    I hope everyone is well. No progress in the plan for meeting prior to flight? (This question is on behalf of someone who will be on the flight. ) Or is everyone thinking of unnecessary for the meet? Well, I have read somewhere that one post which stated that this SQ255 is a complete 100% marketing gimmick. It implies that the ULH flight to LAX was insignificant as well since A345 was scheduled to run for SIN-CGK-SIN couple weeks prior to that.
                    Anyway, just want to express my opinion. I still believe that the first flight SIN-BNE is still important and significant. Yes, it's running on SIN-KUL-SIN and SIN-CGK-SIN. But remember that the A330 is for mid-haul. Thus, BNE route will give the significant improvement on the current mid-haul flights!
                    Totally agree - is anyone in Changi by 20:00PM? I can't go into the lounge as I'm arriving only, but of course would be keen to see what special preparations are being made by SQ for the night / flight?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                      It implies that the ULH flight to LAX was insignificant as well since A345 was scheduled to run for SIN-CGK-SIN couple weeks prior to that.
                      I beg to differ...

The first SIN-LAX was significant as the first ever non-stop commercial flight between both cities.

The first SIN-EWR was even more significant as the longest ever non-stop commercial flight between any two cities.

Neither were significant as the "first commercial flights" of SQ's A345, which they weren't.

Note that that the first commercial flight of the A380 was SIN-SYD, and SQ ensured that the a/c never carried schedule pax to any other destination beforehand.

They certainly haven't done that with the A333. Hence the marketing of SQ255 as the first commercial flight of SQ A333 is exactly that - marketing. IMHO, of course.

Comment

Whilst the new SQ seat is miles better than (say) BA's intra-Europe J seat, personally I think some of the existing J seats on other Asian carriers are more comfortable, e.g. UL (which I tried the day before - wide and spacious) and even the CX regional J (no constriction around the feet when lying down).

I disagree that CX regional J is better than the new SQ regional J seats. However, I do prefer spacebed to this new J seat. The footwell of this new seat is just way too small. Only row 11 works for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                          Totally agree - is anyone in Changi by 20:00PM? I can't go into the lounge as I'm arriving only, but of course would be keen to see what special preparations are being made by SQ for the night / flight?
                          I am not hearing anything from the others yet. I know that someone will arrive from LAX at 125am Sunday morning. But I really don't know whether that person will stay downtown the whole day.

Comment

• Good News

After receiving a green light to travel from my doctor, I left home in a hurry. Due to complication with visa requirements, now I am happy to say that I will make it to this Inaugural flight for SIN-BNE on A330 (even if someone says it's just a marketing gimmick, but it will be good cause for me and a good remedy for my health. ) I have checked in for the flight SQ255 (number 13 from the list of pax check-in so far). So unless there is no major hurdle, I will still arrive from Bangkok Sunday at 1440. So lets plan what to do that late afternoon and early evening. I may head to Lobby Court Cafe at Swissotel and will look for upright man there after I store my bags at Changi.
                            Later on, lets play it by ears.

PS: I don't know what to wear for the flight yet. Sandals, short and t-shirt?

Comment

• Oops... reading my BP incorrectly. I am number 13 who checked-in for BKK-SIN, and number 2 for SIN-BNE. I wonder who is the first person who checked in!

Comment

• Enjoy the inaugurals everyone!
                                Do report back what souvenirs you get for flying them.

Comment

Working...
                                X