No announcement yet.

SQ A330 Inaugural Flights SIN-BNE-SIN and Training Flights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flew 9V-STC on SQ 117 yesterday evening. And, boy, I'm impressed.

That babe is truly comfortable especially with the 2 seaters at rows 47 AC/HK if you do not mind the lavatories behind.

Fairly empty at less 124 seats in Y occupied.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
      Hope you can make it!
      I know it's still far away in advance, but ...
      It is amazing that award seats are available for these flights using Star Alliance FFP miles.
      Definitely cannot make it. Good thing did not book at all, recieved news last week that I have to be in Manila on the 29th Mar. So, its a no go for me.

Though I would like to join the high tea, but that is also dashed......
      This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

• I'll be inspecting the A330 on the 7th of April - very much looking forward to it.

Comment

• [/QUOTE]

Try again when I can confirm my schedule come nearer date....[/QUOTE]

do i have to pay the taxs below? so they are jus showing only?

Comment

• You will have to pay taxes - $406 Singapore Dollars...

Comment

• Unfortunately

Dear all,

Unfortunately, I have to cancel my trip to the inaugural because my grandmother has just passed away this morning at LA.

Really wanted to join but as of now, I will have to join another time.

Look forward to read all the wonderful reports though!

Carfield
              Last edited by Carfield; 24 March 2009, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• The BNE Lounge

Finally it has opened the new Brisbane Airport SilverKirs Lounge.. got to use it the other week before my BNE-SIN-MAA-DEL-BOM-SIN-BNE adventure.
                Perhaps might see you there for the Inaugural flight back to SIN on the 30th.

Before it started to get busy:

The food and drinks spot:

Before it got loaded up with goodies:

Um.. images seem to longer display???? what the go there? Image tags are correct??

Comment

• You need to post links to the raw images, not the flickr site, eg:

Before it started to get busy:

The food and drinks spot:

Before it got loaded up with goodies:

Comment

• Originally posted by Carfield View Post
                    Dear all,

Unfortunately, I have to cancel my trip to the inaugural because my grandmother has just passed away this morning at LA.

Really wanted to join but as of now, I will have to join another time.

Look forward to read all the wonderful reports though!

Carfield
                    Our condolences. Hope she rests in peace.

I hope J777, SQFAN and the rests of the SQ255 pax who will definitely be on the first flight will continue this report thread wonderfully. At the moment, due to health reason, I may not be able to join. (Old age, I guess. Well, this board has been changed to younger crowd demographically. Thus, I am ancient in comparison to you all. )
                    Anyhow, hope you guys have a wonderful time for this A330 inaugural flight. And hopefully, you all will have marvellous time on board.

Cheers,

Comment

• All the best and hope you get well soon, SQ LPP

Comment

• Hey guys is the high tea for the inaugural flight to Brisbane still on. I'm a freelance writer, kinda wanna do a feature write up on you guys maybe before you head off on the trip. Just drop me a pte msg if you guys are willng to help.

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by zilchster View Post
                          Hey guys is the high tea for the inaugural flight to Brisbane still on. I'm a freelance writer, kinda wanna do a feature write up on you guys maybe before you head off on the trip. Just drop me a pte msg if you guys are willng to help.

Cheers
                          As far as I know, the interest for high tea was low. So it may not happen. The latest news I have is:

The latest plan is just coffee at Lobby Court Cafe of Swissotel at 3.30pm.
                          Perhaps others who are definite in taking the first flight would be able to help you better.

Comment

• I was lucky enough to get the A330 on SQ116 up to KUL yesterday. My impressions from the short flight:

* The plane seemed to be creaking and groaning more than others ? It was already audible when we were being pushed back.

* As others have mentioned above (when not sat in the bulkhead row), the cubby hole in which you have to put your feet when lying down is tiny. I dislike the 744 Skysuite for this reason and this is even smaller/worse.

* The seat feels narrow, e.g. for me, when lying down I can't put my arms on either side (unlike, say, the Spacebed where the arm rests drop down).

* The tray table is nice and big and sturdy.

* I dislike the 3 or 4 tone chime which comes before (or was it after ?) inflight announcements - it makes it sound like an airport.

Whilst the new SQ seat is miles better than (say) BA's intra-Europe J seat, personally I think some of the existing J seats on other Asian carriers are more comfortable, e.g. UL (which I tried the day before - wide and spacious) and even the CX regional J (no constriction around the feet when lying down).

Comment

• Originally posted by Carfield View Post
                              Dear all,

My deepest condolences to you and your family, Carfield.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
                                * I dislike the 3 or 4 tone chime which comes before (or was it after ?) inflight announcements - it makes it sound like an airport.
                                Which a/c did you fly? I've flown STA twice now and did not hear this chime. I recall that it was common on the old A343s, and quite irritating.

Comment

Working...
                                X