• Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Comment

• Seat 34A and 34K have no window

Comment

• Lavatory

Comment

• I know it was indeed short flight, so the impressions might be different than on a longer flight. Yes, I like the new seats. It would be great for short and even medium haul. With great lounging position together with the newest IFE, the time goes by very quickly. Over all, these new medium haul C seats are excellent. The only noticeable drawback that I noticed it right away is the problem with the feet in the cubby hole while in sleeping position for non-row-11 seats. Overhead bins may be designed smaller like any other Airbus type, but in a full C class from SIN-KUL with many rollabags on boards, it was not a big problem for finding the storage for them. Perhaps the smaller overhead bin (compare to Y class) has an advantage to make the cabin looking roomier.

I must say, it was a big surprise that kyo decided to join the flight down from KUL to SIN. Great to finally meet you in person. Of course, it was another great time to meet again 9V-JKL and spouse. Congratulations!

From my four flights on this 9V-STA, the landing were all great, but something different in the process prior to touching down at Changi from CGK. When the pilot started to descend, the air pressure was very strong. I rarely had problem with my ears while descending. This time, it was pretty painful even after yawning etc. No wonder that poor baby was crying...

Take off and landing seems pretty quick. I mean it needed less distance on the runway.

I understand it's still spanking brand new plane. But the noise of the condensation was pretty fun.

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
            Was SQLPP on SQ959 ex-CGK? I think I saw someone resembling him. (Can SQLPP confirm this?)
            Well, I know you were in seat 16H for SIN-CGK. I boarded a bit late. And yeah, I was intimidated by those professional camera you have in addition to the fact that you had company! Well, actually I was not actively taking pictures while on board SIN-CGK. A bit shy with all those Indonesian businessmen in the C-class. Then, I disembarked quickly once arrived at CGK.
            I boarded early at CGK. Trying to take as many pictures as possible for the Y class!
            To answer your question, yes, you saw me. Next time says hi to this old man, young lad. Anyhow, thank you for posting your pictures here as well. Really appreciate in making this thread full of stuff regarding A330 - the newest plane SQ has.

Comment

• Interesting

Look at the interesting design in the middle of the bread plate. I don't recall I have seen it on 77W nor A380.

Comment

• Nice pics! Thanks for sharing.
                A shame that I couldn't make it.

Comment

• Lunch on SQ958 (16/2)

Last edited by Nick C; 23 February 2009, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                    From my four flights on this 9V-STA, the landing were all great, but something different in the process prior to touching down at Changi from CGK. When the pilot started to descend, the air pressure was very strong. I rarely had problem with my ears while descending. This time, it was pretty painful even after yawning etc. No wonder that poor baby was crying...
                    I found the A330 rather nose high on approach and take off was steep and powerful. Actually, the little girl in row 31A/C was crying as she didn't want to be belted up. The moment the infant belt went on she started wailing.

Did you notice the gentlemen in 31D? He was talking to the chief steward during descend and flashing his *G card and accusing someone in J for staring at him.

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                    To answer your question, yes, you saw me. Next time says hi to this old man, young lad. Anyhow, thank you for posting your pictures here as well. Really appreciate in making this thread full of stuff regarding A330 - the newest plane SQ has.
                    I tried to load SQT on the free Wifi at CGK for a picture to verify but the connection was too slow.

Comment

• Wow amazing pictures guys! I am booked on this plane this weekend as well. Rather strange to fly this *prior* to the inaugural flight, but should be cool nonetheless.

Comment

• Some pictures from SQ958 (17/2/2009)

I had to be in HKG on the 16th - otherwise I would have had the pleasure to be on the same flight with SQ LPP and Nick C on 16 FEB SQ958.

UMD, milehighj and me had a good flight today on the A330.
                        Here are some pictures I took (apologies for the quality as I didn't bring a real camera with me - these were taken with an iPhone):

9V-STA at gate F31

General Business cabin picture

The seat

Back view

Reclined position

Seat controls

Comment

• Nasi Lemak

The dessert seems to be different from the same flight one day before?

Butter - never saw this kind in J before. An enhancement perhaps?

Some observations:

- The SQ A330-300 is one of the best looking aircraft around. The new livery looks really good on this one.
                          - The new regional J is very comfortable - similar concept with SpaceBed but feels more horizontal and comfortable. However, cubby hole can be a problem for people with large feet.
                          - The J interior looks more cramped than the A345 (in SpaceBed config) but this was perhaps due to the taller 'suite' like seatback?
                          - I noticed that 3-4 CGK flights a day will be operated with this aircraft in Mar '09. For this route (in J), I won't be scrambling to get on flights operated with this plane. The B777 interiors feel much more spacious & we don't really recline the seats much on this route anyway. For longer/overnight flights however, I would very much prefer the A330s than the B777s. A bed is everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                            Lunch on SQ958 (16/2)

You are indeed having special dessert from SQ for the exact same flight I took. Mine was panna cotta.

Comment

• But Nick C's dessert was different from yours - weren't you on the same flight?

Comment

• I took this photo from the J lavatories of this object - SQ LPP also has this item in one of the photos...

I had no idea what it was, however, so if anyone can please enlighten?! Was it for putting orchids or something in? I am sure there's a really simple (and obvious) answer.. but it eludes me currently!

If you look closely, there are threads inside (for screwing some object in presumably)

Very confused..

And now for something not so confusing:

Cold chicken crossaint - Very delish!

ADDED:

Close-up of lavatory amenities (notice the gentle incline downwards *bottom left of the mouthwash*) - very tastefully done.
                                Last edited by Kyo; 17 February 2009, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X