Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kyo Goes Island-Hopping (aka Kyo Does The Maldives)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
    SQ LPP, you should go to the Maldives with friends! Why don't you join us in March?
    Well I should not crash your honeymoon trip! After all, I am too shy. And I am afraid of water!

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
      Well I should not crash your honeymoon trip!
      It is no honeymoon trip. Anyway, trips are always more fun with friends. I am trying to recruit friends to join us.

And I am afraid of water!
      That makes three of us. jhm can't even swim! I sink if I don't move my arms and legs. I also seem to bob up and down like a piece of cork without getting anywhere when I make an effort to propel myself.

Comment

Wot? Honeymoon? And I didn't even get a wedding invite (not that I necessarily could have attended)???
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
          SQ LPP, you should go to the Maldives with friends! Why don't you join us in March?
          Mrs SJJ & I will be there in May to end our honeymoon trip. We are still technically on a stopover in Singapore.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
            Wot? Honeymoon? And I didn't even get a wedding invite (not that I necessarily could have attended)???
            I think SQ LPP was dreaming when he wrote that!

Comment

Very nice TR. I particularly liked the descriptions of the photos.

You people need a TR from a Greek island in the Aegean sea; if you liked the Maldives, you'll love that, too. I may have something on the subject this coming summer...

Comment

Yes, you convinced us...
                But, unfortunately, it's not up in priority at the moment.
                Perhaps some day in the future, if I can survive the old age.

No water sport for you? I thought one goes to Maldives for snorkling, scuba diving and honeymooning!
                I think SQ LPP is planning his honeymoon, he keeps talking about it on all the TRs! Yeah, the Maldives are a great place for that, SQ LPP! Go!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                  I think SQ LPP was dreaming when he wrote that!
                  Oops I forgot the smiley in my post.

Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
                  I think SQ LPP is planning his honeymoon, he keeps talking about it on all the TRs! Yeah, the Maldives are a great place for that, SQ LPP! Go!
                  Yeah well, I still expect a wedding/commitment ceremony invitation.

‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post

Funny eh? Honeymoon my own?

Comment

Many thanks to everyone for their interest and feedback! I'm glad some have enjoyed it and hope others did too.

SQflyergirl
                      : There's not many cars in the Maldives, and certainly no wheeled-vehicles on Embudu! For that you have to go to the main island.

flo: Congrats on your 747th post. If you're a beach-island holidaymaker, you'll love the Maldives.

jhm: I thought you'll have a chance to go soon, even before 2008 is over?! I left a msg for you in the Finifenmaa Lounge Guestbook... hope you get to see it one fine day! Sri Lanka is not far from MLE! Hope you get your luggage back before then...

LHR: Thanks for your kind comment, it brings back pleasant memories indeed. I still prefer the breeze / oceanlife here compared to other beaches and islands elsewhere.

'Sir' jjpb3:
                      Oh, go on, admit it: the more rabid TR readers on SQT frightened you.
                      *blush* That must be it! (Perhaps that's a subtle encouragement to post the rest of the trip post-MLE, including the DO in VIE? Hehe.. so embarassing)

phaleesy: Please be sure to spend some time in the water too, not just taking photos of it when you're there! You won't regret it... maybe ask your porter to take some happy-snaps for you, hoho

SQ LPP: Maybe the bracing sea breeze and fresh air will make you forget about old age (don't swim = don't feel scared of the water)!

I think surely you will enjoy to add the SIN-MLE route to the rest of the routes you have flown with SQ if you have not yet been to MLE before.

SuperJonJon: Did you check out the Guestbook in the lounge (if you had a chance for the opportunity)?

N_Architect: Thank you for your kind words. Although some descriptions look simple, it takes a long time thinking up the most appropriate phrase sometimes.

You people need a TR from a Greek island in the Aegean sea; if you liked the Maldives, you'll love that, too. I may have something on the subject this coming summer...
                      Would you be able to recommend a Greek island within easy reach of IST for an overnight (2-days, 1 night) stay (and able to be back by morning *say, 10-11am* the following day back in IST)? Your pictures of Patmos island in particular have slowly been tempting me to visit your fine country and I finally might succumb sooner rather than later.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                        For a quick finish to your Maldivian adventure, turn left - If you're doing a turnaround, you would turn left immediately after the Mariyaad Cafe.* (Step 6)

*For the sake of continuity, the rest of the MLE turnaround (post departure check-in) comes at the end of this report. Look out for Steps 1 to 10 for the complete guide.
                        I did a MLE turnaround in October (report). There is no need to clear immigration to do the turnaround (unless you have checked bags).

Comment

Guestbook - Signed the guestbook, left a few msgs for future SQTalkers who pass through (as of last count, two remarks in there now)
                          It should be three. I was there briefly in October.

Comment

SuperJonJon: Did you check out the Guestbook in the lounge (if you had a chance for the opportunity)?
                            We were on the ground for about 20 mins and didnt visit the lounge. Will do so in May.

Comment

A very enjoyable trip report KYO. And very well written and presented.

The Maldieves look like a very nice place to go for some R&R.

Comment

Thanks for the TR. I must admit it does look nice. I have always ruled out the Maldives as I am not really a beach person (and yes it seems to be just for couples) but I had never thought of doing it for just a day.

Comment

Working...
                                X