Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeltaFlyingProf
    replied
    No fried bananas but there was a soup of which I ate a few bowls. Nothing really exciting.

Leave a comment:

• SQ LPP
    replied
    No food pictures at the lounge?
    I thought you always nibble on those local snacks/food...
    Any fried banana? Empanada?

Leave a comment:

• DeltaFlyingProf
    replied
    The flight was a pleasant one hour, and from the point of view of the whole experience, I would recommend SEAir over Zest Air, though it is not a major difference. We arrived in Manila and walked to the domestic terminal

What is strange is that we arrived around 4pm and there is no more shuttle service to the other terminals!!!
    Thus we had to take a taxi to the international terminal 1. There, we checked in at the SQ desk then paid the departure tax and went through emigration and security. Finally we could go into the SKL.

The SKL was pretty full and the Internet access was not working for anyone in there. Every time someone came in, they would get their laptop turned on and ask around if the Internet was working. Everyone would reply no and the agent at the front desk could not help.

I did not take any picture of the lounge as I believe there are already quite a few pictures and frankly the F lounge is really not great. The J side is more spacious but was even more crowded!

In the next episode, SQ flight from MNL to SIN.

Leave a comment:

• DeltaFlyingProf
    replied
    Going back to Manila

After arriving at the jetty in Caticlan, we had a van take us to the airport and there, we waited for our flight to Manila. This time, we were flying South East Asian Airlines or SEAir. Their two letter code is DG.

Caticlan is a small airport with a single gate, but there are quite a few flights to Manila. At least one every hour of daylight.
    Once boarding was called, it is a bit like a rush to the gate...

And SEAir operates Dornier 328s to Manila.

It has a strange little hole for the pilot to put his hand through. Maybe that's for the pilot to feel how fast he is flying? Seat of the pants flying?

The inside is pretty nice and roomy, all things considered.

We certainly were better seated than on the MA60

Leave a comment:

• DeltaFlyingProf
    replied
    Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
    Honeymooners or similarly romantically inclined couples in the Philippines (those who consider Boracay) tend to go to Palawan Island, e.g., Amanpulo.
    Maybe we should have a fund raiser for SQ LPP, so he can try that!

Leave a comment:

• SQ LPP
    replied
    e.g., Amanpulo.
    It's like Amanusa and Amankila in Bali. Too honeymooner's feeling for me. I would feel akward being there alone with the rest of the hotel groups are couples. Of course, a certain couple might be on the look for ...

Leave a comment:

• jjpb3
    replied
    Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
    For honeymoon? Wouldn't you want somewhere more secluded with your bungalow right on the beach? Or you want to be seen, you and your spouse with matching outfits? If the former, I would recommend the Maldives. If the latter, then go to Boracay!
    Honeymooners or similarly romantically inclined couples in the Philippines (those who consider Boracay) tend to go to Palawan Island, e.g., Amanpulo.

Leave a comment:

• DeltaFlyingProf
    replied
    Very much enjoyed the Boracay rundown, DFP.
    Thanks. Hope you will enjoy the rest as well.

Bottom line: would you recommend it?
    Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
    To be precise, would you recommend it for honeymooners? What's your take compare to Maldives? How about going alone to those places?
    Well, I think it is a personal decision and it depends on what each person is looking for.

For a quick escape, if you are in Manila and need to get out for a few days and just want to go have a rest on the beach, I guess I would. Bear in mind that I do not know any other place in the Philippines, so there might be better places. jjpb3's brother might be able to tell you other places reachable as easily but that would be better.

If you want to party with Koreans, I guess it is good place!

For honeymoon? Wouldn't you want somewhere more secluded with your bungalow right on the beach? Or you want to be seen, you and your spouse with matching outfits? If the former, I would recommend the Maldives. If the latter, then go to Boracay!

Disclaimer: It's a personal opinion and people who want to be surrounded by other people on their honeymoon probably would not like the Maldives.

Leave a comment:

• SQ LPP
    replied
    To be precise, would you recommend it for honeymooners? What's your take compare to Maldives? How about going alone to those places?

Leave a comment:

• jjpb3
    replied
    Very much enjoyed the Boracay rundown, DFP.

Leave a comment:

• DeltaFlyingProf
    replied
    Hmmm not sure I have any more of those...

Leave a comment:

• SQ LPP
    replied
    Can't wait to see another matching outfit's couples...

Leave a comment:

• DeltaFlyingProf
    replied
    Leaving Boracay

On the plus side of Boracay is that you get very affordable decent food. You can get even all you can eat seafood for under $5 at many places. If you want more personalized cooking, it is a bit more, but still quite decent low prices. Obviously there is a lot of competition. The more annoying part is all the people trying to sell you things. But they are polite and if you've traveled a fair amount, you'll easily overlook that mild annoyance.

In any case, no matter how enjoyable the dives were, the visit came to an end and soon we had to leave. Overall it was about the right duration for such a visit.
    Before leaving, I took a final stroll on the beach in the early morning light.

And after a last breakfast on the beach, we took the tricycle back to the Jetty.

Once there, I took some picture of the kind of boat we took a few days earlier at night. They have nice colored paintings and look nice. The docking takes a bit of manual work, as can be seen below.

And you can know how many other pax are traveling with you!

For the trip back to the airport, we used the hotel service, so we had our personal speed boat.

And it was Goodbye to Boracay!

In the next episode: Back to Manila and onward!

Leave a comment:

• jhm
    replied
    Enjoying the TR so far, DFP, cheers!

Leave a comment:

• SQFAN
    replied
    I go away for a few days and what do I see - another installment ....diving pics too . Excellent.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X