X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeltaFlyingProf
    replied
    Door handle

I found among my pictures a picture of a door handle to the suite that is missing its cover. It looks like the cover is kept in place with velcro...

Leave a comment:

• StarG
    replied
    Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
    This applies for ex-SIN flights.
    From other station, brands might differ.
    (Watch out in your flight ex-LAX soon... )
    Yup, ex-SIN only, as is the SQ brand mineral water in J.

Originally posted by WittyBoston View Post
    btw, does SQ only serve the SQ brand mineral water in J and not in F/R?
    I can't remember now but IIRC it was either Evian or Arrowhead the last time I was on an ex-LAX.

Leave a comment:

• SQ LPP
    replied
    Originally posted by StarG View Post
    Yep, still Evian in F/R.
    This applies for ex-SIN flights.
    From other station, brands might differ.
    (Watch out in your flight ex-LAX soon... )

Leave a comment:

• StarG
    replied
    Originally posted by WittyBoston View Post
    very nice, again. Thanks for sharing! btw, does SQ only serve the SQ brand mineral water in J and not in F/R?
    Yep, still Evian in F/R.

Leave a comment:

• WittyBoston
    replied
    very nice, again. Thanks for sharing! btw, does SQ only serve the SQ brand mineral water in J and not in F/R?

Leave a comment:

• DeltaFlyingProf
    replied
    Midflight snack

After sleeping about 6 hours, I woke up and chatted with the crew for a while. Very friendly crew. I got more Krug and discovered that they had 5 bottles of Krug loaded!!
    Then they asked me if I wanted a snack and decided to have a soup.

I was wondering how they were going to set it up for my snack...
    On the 77W or 744, all you need to do is to pull the table and it rolls over the bed. But on the 380, the table has been stowed below the bed by this time.

Well, do not despair, there is a small snap on table and I could enjoy my snack.

There you have it.
    Last edited by DeltaFlyingProf; 25 December 2008, 11:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DeltaFlyingProf
    replied
    Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
    It is amazing to see that you did not touch the special butter at all.
    And where is the cold towels? I thought it is part of the Suite table setting?
    They brought a cold towel but took it away. Are they supposed to keep one fresh on the table?

As for the butter, I rarely use butter anymore with bread. I tend to use olive oil instead.

Leave a comment:

• SQ LPP
    replied
    It is amazing to see that you did not touch the special butter at all.
    And where is the cold towels? I thought it is part of the Suite table setting?

Leave a comment:

• DeltaFlyingProf
    replied
    Supper on SQ 322

For dinner, I started with the caviar. Maybe the portion does look smaller than on the SFO-ICN flight. This would not be surprising given that all the suites were occupied while we were only two for eight seats on SQ15.

I followed it with a salad

and a fennel cream soup with mint scallop salpicon and pasta shells.

For the main, I had the chicken in tarragon vinegar sauce with vegetables and raisin-basmati rice.

My selection matched chef Georges Blanc's suggestion. The whole meal was bathed in Krug and I tried a few good wines. First the Beaune du chateau Premier Cru 2006 and then Mr Riggs the gaffer shiraz 2005.

It was all delicious and nicely put me to sleep.

In our next episode: Mid-flight snack.
    Last edited by DeltaFlyingProf; 24 December 2008, 11:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SQ LPP
    replied
    Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
    This time, SQ LPP will be happy to know that I took the menu with me. But I noticed that there is no R section to the menu threads. Should I post the scans of the menu?
    So far, from what that I know of, all the R menu are posted in F menu thread. I don't think I have any rights to say whether we should have R menu thread. Up to the guys and gals in charge.

Leave a comment:

• DeltaFlyingProf
    replied
    SIN-LHR on A380

We arrived on time in SIN and had about 2h connection time. We went to the TPR again and this time it was pretty full! For this reason, I did not take any more pictures. I was pretty tired and needed to change from my tropical clothes to something more appropriate for the European weather... So I went to use the shower and refreshed myself.

Soon after, it was time to board SQ322. We proceeded to the gate, where the big bird was waiting.

And we proceeded to the front jetway and soon we were in our seats, 3C and D.

We left the gate on time, but after a few minutes of taxiing, it became obvious we had left the normal taxiway and something was delaying us. The captain came on the PA and announced that they had a minor problem with a display and were communicating with maintenance people and that it should be solved within a few minutes. We waited about ten minutes and then taxi started again and we took off maybe 30 minutes late.

Dinner service promptly started after takeoff.
    This time, SQ LPP will be happy to know that I took the menu with me. But I noticed that there is no R section to the menu threads. Should I post the scans of the menu?

More later.

Leave a comment:

• WittyBoston
    replied
    I'll be trying out the new SQ J when I get back to SG for the summer next yr... from EWR-SIN! but R is definitely out of this world.. and very much out of my league too!

Leave a comment:

• DeltaFlyingProf
    replied
    Glad you enjoy it!

Later today, SIN-LHR on the A380 and VS revival lounge.

Leave a comment:

• WittyBoston
    replied
    Great Stuff!

Leave a comment:

• DeltaFlyingProf
    replied
    MNL-SIN flight

The flight boarded on time and soon we were enjoying Dom Perignon.
    The flight took off on time and the service started soon after.

First, for the appetizer, I had some salmon.

For main, it was chicken.

While my friend had a fish.

Yum, it makes me hungry looking at that food!
    But wait, I had to indulge in some more sinful activity.

Once half eaten, it looks even more appetizing.

And finally some fruits.

Last edited by DeltaFlyingProf; 21 December 2008, 09:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X