Round The World in BCOS on SQ, 6K, DG, BD, LX and UA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgotten Post

I realized that I forgot to post the picture of the Christmas decoration on the MNL-SIN flight. There was no such decoration on the A380 in R. I am not sure if there was any in J or Y. Maybe someone else will have that.

Comment

• Breakfast on SQ 322

After having my snack, I did watch a few movies in bed and finally had the suite converted back to the seat mode for breakfast.

Both my friend and I opted for the dim sum selection.

He enjoyed it quite a bit and so did I. It is delicious and quite well made and well presented.

I did however also have eggs.

A few more sips of Krug helped me conclude the flight. Very enjoyable with a good crew.

In the next episode: The VS Revival Lounge.

Comment

• very nice, again! hmm.. i think eggs in the air are always suspect...

Comment

• Originally posted by WittyBoston View Post
          very nice, again! hmm.. i think eggs in the air are always suspect...
          At least on SQ they are cooked fresh for you!

Comment

• i must say the dim sum serving looks meager... but i'm sure u can get seconds.

Comment

• Meager? You must be a big eater! After fruit plates served, bread/pastry, as well as cereals and yogurt, in addition to the fact that it's very very early morning, one serving of dim sum would be enough for me.
              Last edited by SQ LPP; 28 December 2008, 11:16 AM.

Comment

• lol. i do eat quite a bit because i'm a gymnast (other than procrastinating at studying). but then again, maybe it's b/c i miss singaporean food.. well some of it.. not all!

Comment

• The amount of dim sum was enough for me. But more importantly, it was really good! The glutinous rice was to my surprise really tasty! I usually do not like that food item, but this time, I did.
                  Sorry there is a bit of a pause to my posting, but I am having trouble getting reliable enough connection where I am now.

PS: This thread has passed the 20% mark of viewership from the MOATR!
                  Only four time as many to go still

Comment

• it will be interesting to see food preparation in the galley!

Comment

• VS Revival lounge and shower

After arriving in LHR, we went through immigration. We had been given fast track cards so that we could avoid the main line for immigration. Unfortunately that day, the fast track line, which we could not fully see from the point where they check for the card, was longer than the main line and even worse, it was obviously much slower, because there are fewer agent working it than the regular line.

We passed the baggage claim and customs and then went up to the VS revival lounge. As if you could not tell it is VS from the next picture...

And both of us took a shower. My friend took the following ones:
                      First the mirror next to the door with some space where my friend put his bag.

The bench on which they put the fresh towels and where you can put your luggage to access your toiletries or fresh clothes.

There is a toilet in case you need it.

And here is the view of the Sink and shower

Finally a closer look at the shower

On the next episode, "The BD J Experience"

Comment

• DFP, thanks for the continued updates (and photos!); I'm already looking forward to the next installment!

Comment

• The BD Experience.

After leaving the VS revival lounge, we proceeded to terminal 1 (if my memory serves me right) to fly to BRU and the check in was without a glitch. We then went through security and proceeded to the Star Alliance lounge.

It is pretty comfortable and offers shower, though we did not use them since we had already showered at the VS lounge.

BD has the best business class seats I have flown in Europe! I would recommend flying them if you need to fly between the UK and other places in Europe.

My friend and I were quite comfortable.

As for the food, it was decent. It is after all a very short flight.

We soon landed in Brussels and this concluded our BD experience of the year 2008.

Next: "It ain't Amsterdam, but still..."

Comment

• Maastricht Ain't Amsterdam, but still, it is nice!

After landing in BRU, my aunt picked us up and we went to my parents'. They did not know I was coming as we had kept it a surprise.
                            Well, the surprise was successful and the next day, I wanted to go to Maastricht. My mom had seen some recent reports of the architectural work being done in Maastricht including how some churches were being reconverted.

In some of my past visits in Maastricht, I had already seen one church converted in what I called the "Church of the holy bike". It was basically used as a parking for bikes. And it was funny to see hundreds of bikes in the church instead of benches for parishioners.

So off we went to Maastricht. The Netherlands have of course a lot of people from various origins and if you need Vietnamese food, you will conveniently find it in front of city hall!

After walking through the square, we went to the church that the newspaper my mom had read said had been transformed into a bookstore.
                            As it turns out, it was the Church of the holy bike! It now has a new life as a bookstore and it is pretty nicely done. Here is the view from the floor.

And the ceiling still has some paintings

There are three stories of bookshelves and you can enjoy the view from the top level.

On our next episode, "The Church of the Holy Sleep!"

Comment

• Outstanding churches!
                              HUGE AL

Comment

• It's worth noting that is not the normal BD shorthaul C seat. You were lucky and got a midhaul C seat that normally flies longer routes. Often if the aircraft is not needed for a few hours they chuck it in for a quick LHR-BRU-LHR or even a domestic up to EDI/GLA.

Normal S/H C is similar to BA, Y seats converted into slightly more spacious 2-3 layout.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

Comment

Working...
                                X