X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantastic TR! I do hope to fly the A345 soon

Comment

Seat smaller?????

Is the A345 seats smaller than those in the A380? The SQ website says that the seat pitch for the A345 is 76cm. What is the seat pitch for the A380.

Comment

Seats smaller

I visited seatguru.com and they stated that the A340 pitch is 64" and the width is 30".

B77W
        Width: 30"
        Pitch: 51"
        A380
        Width: 34"
        Pitch: 55"

So I guess 77W has the worst J seats.

Which seats do you recomend onboard SQchap?

Comment

Originally posted by aviationfreak View Post
          I visited seatguru.com and they stated that the A340 pitch is 64" and the width is 30".

B77W
          Width: 30"
          Pitch: 51"
          A380
          Width: 34"
          Pitch: 55"

So I guess 77W has the worst J seats.

The Spacebed equipped A345 had a seat pitch of 64".

The New Business Class seat equipped A345 does not have such a generous seat pitch.

Seat guru has not updated their records.

Comment

Thanks for digging up this TR. I had a look at the pictures again and wanted to express my astonishment how good the food pictures are. What camera did you use and how did you make your food look this yummy? I seriously cannot imagine that my camera whould have made the food look that delish.

Cheers, Flo
            Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Originally posted by flo View Post
              Thanks for digging up this TR. I had a look at the pictures again and wanted to express my astonishment how good the food pictures are. What camera did you use and how did you make your food look this yummy? I seriously cannot imagine that my camera whould have made the food look that delish.

Cheers, Flo
              Dude, that big boulder you carry can definitely churn out some great pictures! Although, we can't post them on here as they are quite incriminating.
              HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                Dude, that big boulder you carry can definitely churn out some great pictures! Although, we can't post them on here as they are quite incriminating.
                Haha... indeed. Now that my MacBook Pro is at the shop to get some repair work done, I haven't had a look at those pics for a while now - thanks for reminding me what to do when I'm in LA in April.... i have a strange craving for a potato and foie gras dish

But seriously, his food pictures are really great and I'd love to know how he made them.
                Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Originally posted by aviationfreak View Post
                  I think I like the bulkheads by the window. Btw, I heard from friends that the direct flights (EWR-SIN or LAX-SIN) have less than 30% loads these days. Not sure but hopefully someone can confirm this?

Comment

Originally posted by flo View Post
                    What camera did you use and how did you make your food look this yummy?
                    Hey Flo,

It was just a modest point-and-shoot Fujifilm F30 btw! It has a great macro mode which I used, and small enough to be inconspicuous when taking pics on board. I did brighten and soften the image using Picasa though, a program I like!

Comment

Thanks for sharing the flight with us! awesome pics ... btw the dessert looked pretty delicious!

Comment

Thank you for your report.

Before I entered to SQtalk, I have often read this report and enjoyed it. I think this report is helpful for people who are going to fly SIN-EWR route with A345 converted to all-business class configuration.

Originally posted by sQchap View Post

I then started checking out this month's IFE. The flight mode picture of the earth only showed one 2D profile of the earth though, so I was staring at the African continent throughout. (The route was understandably long but I prefer the map shown on the A380 SIN-LHR route)

I have ever seen the SIN-EWR outline route map shown above.

Before A345 was converted to all-busness class configuration, IFE displayed outline route following the actual one. But it seems that new IFE system displays a Great circle route, I suppose.

Great circle route is known for minimum one between 2 points on the globe.

Although SQ22 (or SQ21) uses trans-Pacific or trans-Atlantic route, Great circle route for SIN-EWR is trans-Polar route. To display the whole route for SIN-EWR, IFE might show African continents, I guess.

SIN-EWR Great circle route
                        http://gc.kls2.com/cgi-bin/gc?PATH=S...avy&MAP-STYLE=

About SIN-LHR route, I have no idea.
                        In addition, I have never flown this route on the aircraft equipped with the new IFE system.

But as far as I see the picture above, I think it is also a Great circle for SIN-LHR.

SIN-LHR Great circle route
                        Last edited by aki; 9 May 2009, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aki View Post
                          Thank you for your report.

Before I entered to SQtalk, I have often read this report and enjoyed it. I think this report is helpful for people who are going to fly SIN-EWR route with A345 converted to all-business class configuration.

I have ever seen the SIN-EWR outline route map shown above.

Before A345 was converted to all-busness class configuration, IFE displayed outline route following the actual one. But it seems that new IFE system displays a Great circle route, I suppose.

Great circle route is known for minimum one between 2 points on the globe.

Although SQ22 (or SQ21) uses trans-Pacific or trans-Atlantic route, Great circle route for SIN-EWR is trans-Polar route. To display the whole route for SIN-EWR, IFE might show African continents, I guess.

SIN-EWR Great circle route

About SIN-LHR route, I have no idea.
                          In addition, I have never flown this route on the aircraft equipped with the new IFE system.

But as far as I see the picture above, I think it is also a Great circle for SIN-LHR.

SIN-LHR Great circle route
                          I agree. Both views are of the same kind. It's just that SIN-EWR is too long to show with the globe angled. Also, the LHR view is a night view, whereas the EWR one is a day globe

Comment

Working...
                          X